Wikiposts

Snow in Vancouver!

Old Jan 29th 2008, 2:01 am
Banned

startwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Snow in Vancouver!

As I sit here at 6:30 am, the radio is doing non-stop reports on school closures and road chaos, snow reports. We have about 3 inches of snow out there and I can't wait to start shovelling!!! The exercise will replace my usual 7 km walk today.

I think I'd better leave before the Calgary and back east lot start throwing their snow blowers at me, LOL.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 2:03 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Snow in Vancouver!

Originally Posted by startwin
As I sit here at 6:30 am, the radio is doing non-stop reports on school closures and road chaos, snow reports. We have about 3 inches of snow out there and I can't wait to start shovelling!!! The exercise will replace my usual 7 km walk today.

I think I'd better leave before the Calgary and back east lot start throwing their snow blowers at me, LOL.

Did you plug in your block heater?
Old Jan 29th 2008, 2:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

I woke up to green grass again this morning, and I don't have a snow blower or else I'd lend you it
Old Jan 29th 2008, 2:08 am
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
I woke up to green grass again this morning, and I don't have a snow blower or else I'd lend you it
Yup - same here in Guelph or very nearly as the snow is melting rapidly.

Typical as we were due to go sled(g)ing tonight.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 2:26 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

3 inches? That's not snow it's a particularly heavy frost!

Here in the wild East the temp has gone from -14C to +5C and we've had torrential rain. The garage is flooded, the drain isn't working and I have a pool of water 8 inches deep on the drive. Some kind of pump/shop vac will be procured at lunchtime to aid clearing all this before the next freeze!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 4:13 am
Banned

Surrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Snow in BC

Upper Fraser Valley, 8" so far, another 6" or so on the way, barely see the end of the drive. Currently -10°C, wind chill -22°C. Drifts up to 24" on the west side of the buildings.

Nothing as bad at the flat lands are getting, but still pretty chilly for the wet coast.

Enjoy, its back to normal by weeks end - rain.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Snow in BC

It reminds me of being back in England. 3 inches of snow and schools are closing, police are warning people not ot drive unless they really have to.

Out of the 15 people who should have been in, from my department this morning, 8 have called in to say that they can't make it cos of the snow.

I'm straight off up to Grouse after work tonight!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 4:41 am
Banned

startwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond repute

OK, that'll teach me to gloat. The snow is now well over a foot deep and still falling. But I did get out there and shovel, and now my back is killing me. This is the first winter I haven't had to work, so it was lovely to just go back inside for a cuppa tea. I wouldn't have been able to get to work anyway, because the West Coast Express isn't running all the way to Vancouver. Most of the people on my street didn't even try to go to work. We really are a bunch of wimps out here aren't we?
Old Jan 29th 2008, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by startwin
OK, that'll teach me to gloat. The snow is now well over a foot deep and still falling. But I did get out there and shovel, and now my back is killing me. This is the first winter I haven't had to work, so it was lovely to just go back inside for a cuppa tea. I wouldn't have been able to get to work anyway, because the West Coast Express isn't running all the way to Vancouver. Most of the people on my street didn't even try to go to work. We really are a bunch of wimps out here aren't we?
It's more the laid back West Coast atitude!