British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Snow on the mountains.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/snow-mountains-737049/)

Londonuck Oct 27th 2011 9:48 pm

Re: Snow on the mountains....

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon (Post 9700489)
getting the tyres on tomorrow - Whistler open on the 24th Nov :)

Do you bother with winter tyres in Van? Had chains and never got them out of the box or indeed have a clue how to fit them. :)

el_richo Oct 28th 2011 2:08 am

Originally Posted by Londonuck (Post 9700861)
Do you bother with winter tyres in Van? Had chains and never got them out of the box or indeed have a clue how to fit them. :)

My father-in-law is the only person i know who bothers with them. And now 4bells :D

Oink Oct 28th 2011 2:39 am

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon (Post 9700489)
Oh yes was very happy walking the hounds this morning looking at the mountains - getting the tyres on tomorrow - Whistler open on the 24th Nov :)

You can take the snow bus for about 60 dollars and then you can apres a few bevies and then nap on the way back. Plus, no parking.

The4BellsLondon Oct 28th 2011 2:53 am

We go to manning, hemlock, whistler, sun peaks, baker etc and I am a big wuss so wanmt snowies ;)

rubberduckofdeath Oct 28th 2011 3:43 am

I'm on my way to Nakiska this weekend. Man-made or not, it's still snow on a mountain and the sun on my back! :thumbup:

Almost Canadian Oct 28th 2011 4:22 am

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath (Post 9701331)
I'm on my way to Nakiska this weekend. Man-made or not, it's still snow on a mountain and the sun on my back! :thumbup:

Good for you

On groomed slopes, I defy all but the most experts skiers to be able to tell the difference between man made and sky made snow anyway:thumbsup:

Poppit Oct 28th 2011 4:08 pm

I second that, and it's supposed to be 12 degrees on Sunday; I'm happy, winter will be here soon enough.

:thumbsup:

Poppit

printer Oct 28th 2011 5:56 pm

Still got me bermuda shorts and flip flops on. :D

Actually even we saw some white stuff falling for a short while this week and the hills higher up have a dusting. :eek:

Alberta_Rose Oct 29th 2011 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath (Post 9701331)

Oh goodie ... the othopedic unit can start looking forward to winter sports injuries ..... although we're still getting the M/C accident ones at present as the weather's been so mild!! :rolleyes:

At least the fire-pit accidents will be dying down ..... oh, I almost forgot: they'll be superceded by the frost-bite patients.

At least other people's clumsiness, stupidity and/or bad luck (thought I'd better add that in case anyone gets the hump at me :sneaky:) keeps me in pin-money. :wub:

mandymoochops Oct 29th 2011 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by Alberta_Rose (Post 9703955)
Oh goodie ... the othopedic unit can start looking forward to winter sports injuries ..... although we're still getting the M/C accident ones at present as the weather's been so mild!! :rolleyes:

At least the fire-pit accidents will be dying down ..... oh, I almost forgot: they'll be superceded by the frost-bite patients.

At least other people's clumsiness, stupidity and/or bad luck (thought I'd better add that in case anyone gets the hump at me :sneaky:) keeps me in pin-money. :wub:

Are they microphone related?

Alberta_Rose Oct 30th 2011 5:49 am

Originally Posted by mandymoochops (Post 9703970)
Are they microphone related?

Motor-Cycle, sorry :o

snowcandy Oct 31st 2011 7:30 am

...the mountains are looking very pretty, especially as the sun is out here now. :D

Alberta_Rose Oct 31st 2011 5:51 pm

Never mind snow on the mountains ... there was snow on our DECK this morning! Whose clever idea was THAT?! :frown:

rubberduckofdeath Nov 1st 2011 2:24 am

Originally Posted by Alberta_Rose (Post 9707654)
Never mind snow on the mountains ... there was snow on our DECK this morning! Whose clever idea was THAT?! :frown:

Had a few cm's yesterday on my commute to work (22 & 22X).