British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Sister Wives on TLC... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/sister-wives-tlc-694716/)

AmyDavid Nov 25th 2010 12:18 am

Sister Wives on TLC...

So, anyone seen this? It's making me want to vomit. I just cannot get my head around why any woman would agree to this?

nldfc Nov 25th 2010 12:26 am

Re: Sister Wives on TLC...

Whats a sister wife ?

Ok looked it up on wiki :)

AmyDavid Nov 25th 2010 12:30 am

Originally Posted by nldfc (Post 9002557)
Whats a sister wife ?

Ok looked it up on wiki :)

Yes...another quality TLC show!

deenailz Nov 25th 2010 12:57 am

lmao i watched the first ep ... and ya just knew he had another one lined up , :rofl: funny how its a younger model !!!
i feel sorry for the 1st wife she doesnt look happy a lot of the time , i think she has major jealousy issues which i cant say i wouldnt either :rofl: i couldnt get my head round my hubby boinking loads of different women in the house its just uuugggghhhh lol

ExKiwilass Nov 25th 2010 1:19 am

I kind of get it.

When I see the way they share childcare etc I feel a bit jealous. And the cooking etc. Sister in law said sometimes she wishes she had a sister wife who was a good cook :rofl:

But apart from that they all seem to constanty battle jealousy etc. vis a vis Kody/be hurt/sad and oh the drama. I don't get the appeal of that. I'm enough of a drama queen without competing with 3 others. :thumbup:

ExKiwilass Nov 25th 2010 1:20 am

Originally Posted by AmyDavid (Post 9002564)
Yes...another quality TLC show!

It's an artistic masterpiece up there with "I Didn't Know I was Pregnant" and "Half Ton Mom"

Clematis Nov 25th 2010 1:22 am

I have managed to avoid it, thank god....

mandymoochops Nov 25th 2010 1:52 am

ageed Clem - flick past it every time - these women don't see that this guy has got his bakery and eating it all.

I bet he just gets bored with one after a couple of days and moves on to the next - although when women are in close proxinmity for a long time don't their menstrual cycles go in sync? Wouldn't fancy 4 wives with pms.

Steve&Tanya Nov 25th 2010 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by AmyDavid (Post 9002551)
So, anyone seen this? It's making me want to vomit. I just cannot get my head around why any woman would agree to this?

Yes I have seen them all, including the "honeymoon" special :o

What gets me the most is the first wife encouraged all the other "marriages" yet is jealous of them all! Not sure why she chose the life if she struggles with jealousy :confused:

Love the way the 3rd wife now gets what the other 2 were harping on about now there is a 4th involved :rofl:

mandymoochops Nov 25th 2010 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by Steve&Tanya (Post 9003936)

What gets me the most is the first wife encouraged all the other "marriages" yet is jealous of them all! Not sure why she chose the life if she struggles with jealousy :confused:

Love the way the 3rd wife now gets what the other 2 were harping on about now there is a 4th involved :rofl:

Ha from what you say the 1st wife seems to be one of those that says all the right things (well for the benefit of hubby) and then quietly stews because she's not getting what she wants :eek:

No wonder men have a problem understanding what we really need!!!!!

ExKiwilass Nov 26th 2010 2:12 am

Originally Posted by Steve&Tanya (Post 9003936)

Yeah, they keep saying it's so they can grow spiritually and Become Better PEople i.e. not jealous.

So there's me thinking what about Kody???? :confused: Where's his jealousy to grow from then eh?

For those of you not watching it....you're missing some good dramaz.

printer Nov 26th 2010 3:10 am

Originally Posted by AmyDavid (Post 9002551)

Are you worried your OH might want to try out the idea? Could be beneficial you could send her out to work and you could stay at home with facebook. Lol

mandymoochops Nov 26th 2010 4:32 am

Originally Posted by printer (Post 9004692)
Are you worried your OH might want to try out the idea? Could be beneficial you could send her out to work and you could stay at home with facebook. Lol

hahahahaha hands up any wife that would entertain the idea :rofl:

AmyDavid Nov 26th 2010 9:28 am

Originally Posted by printer (Post 9004692)

Ho ho Mr C..! David could not handle more than one wife!

Steve&Tanya Nov 26th 2010 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwilass (Post 9004619)
Yeah, they keep saying it's so they can grow spiritually and Become Better PEople i.e. not jealous.

So there's me thinking what about Kody???? :confused: Where's his jealousy to grow from then eh?

For those of you not watching it....you're missing some good dramaz.

Yeah I know!

Another bit that really mad me chuckle was when Kody and Meri celebrated their 20th anniversary and she asked Kody how he would feel if she was dating another man. His response - he would be disgusted!!!! Talk about your double standards. In the opening credits he says "love should be multiplied and not divided" apparently only HIS love though :rofl:

Such entertainment to be had watching this show - LOVE IT :p