Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Sirius drops BBC Radio 1

Sirius drops BBC Radio 1

Old Aug 9th 2011, 1:10 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sirius drops BBC Radio 1

Originally Posted by Tuppence
. I would like my Moyles, my Coxy, and my Scott Mills back.
Now if it were your Simpson, Naughtie and Mair then I'd agree with you, but what person in their right mind would want to go to the bother of emigrating to Canada, and still listen to the mindless drivelling vomit spewed by Mr Moyles et al?

Getting the music without the DJ would seem to be the best of both worlds to me?
Old Aug 9th 2011, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

riceinator is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Its not just the moyles or the music its newsbeat with up to date (well 5 hrs old) UK news
agreed
Old Aug 9th 2011, 1:13 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Now if it were your Simpson, Naughtie and Mair then I'd agree with you, but what person in their right mind would want to go to the bother of emigrating to Canada, and still listen to the mindless drivelling vomit spewed by Mr Moyles et al?

Getting the music without the DJ would seem to be the best of both worlds to me?
I listened to Radio 1 when commuting. I liked it because:

- no references to Canadiana

- traffic and weather as accurate and relevant as that on the local stations

- quality news reporting (relative to the the local stations)

- nice accents!
Old Aug 9th 2011, 1:21 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uber
You can download the podcasts automatically and play them on a memory stick (I have a usb in my car) or on an ipod... I put the link up but got some moderated message...
Just the way the forum works for new posters before you can post a link Im afraid. Its showing now FWIW.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 1:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
Unless I get in my car this morning and Radio 1 has disappeared. That would be just too much!
F*** me - it's gone from XM too. Where's the "blowing a gasket" smiley?!
Old Aug 9th 2011, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

vistaway is an unknown quantity at this point

Bastards! I have subscribed to XM since 2005. And today I called at 8:03 am to cancel and get a refund (they offered 3 months free extension). I was very clear on my reason, and sent a follow-up e-mail to make it extra-clear. I am still so angry at this decision. As others have said - it's not just the music - it's Newsbeat, Stories, Surgery, etc. I used to time my commute by when Celebrity Raspberry was on in the AM - if I was past a certain exit, I was making good time.

Not looking forward to going back to terrestrial after 6 years, but this forced my hand...
Old Aug 9th 2011, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond repute

I just called to cancel. Apparently they have escalated as they have had so many cancellation calls this morning.
They have extended me for month for free until it's sorted.
Head office are reviewing it - everyone please spam Sirius until it comes back on
Old Aug 9th 2011, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

100's of stations on Siruis and all you listen to is Radio 1 you sorry sorry people Best all move back to blighty if your live's aren't worth living without R1.... Does DLT still do the breakfast show
Old Aug 9th 2011, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
100's of stations on Siruis and all you listen to is Radio 1 you sorry sorry people Best all move back to blighty if your live's aren't worth living without R1.... Does DLT still do the breakfast show
Oh screw off. Where did I say my life wasn't worth living?
I was sharing info and having a rant
Old Aug 9th 2011, 1:38 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

If you have a smartphone (iPhone, Android phone or Blackberry) you can download the Tune-in app and get BBC One along with hundreds of other stations. And, guess what, it's FREE.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
If you have a smartphone (iPhone, Android phone or Blackberry) you can download the Tune-in app and get BBC One along with hundreds of other stations. And, guess what, it's FREE.
I think my data plan might have heart attack on long distance road trips
Old Aug 9th 2011, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

zendriver is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
This does not look to be a mistake in programming, but rather a deliberate attempt to remove the station - if it was a technical problem, they wouldn't have posted a message about a new station coming. They know they'd get complaints if they told us beforehand, so instead of getting resistance to the station being taken off, they'll field complaints after the fact, when it's too late (in their opinion) to do anything about it.

But they are wrong; let them know! Some helpful info:

Sirius "Listener Care" number: 1-866-635-2349 - call that to voice your displeasure at this. Make sure you have your radio number, account info or ESN ready. Note you may have to wait on hold a bit due to high call volume, and go through several levels of phone hell before you can speak to someone. Threaten to cancel your service because they removed your favorite station without warning!

Podcasts: http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio1 - in the meantime, here's the main page listing the BBC Radio 1 specific podcasts that are available.

http://www.siriusxm.com/bbcradio1 - the main page for BBC Radio 1. It contains the same unhelpful and annoying message about getting your music and news from other Sirius XM stations. As of yet, no reason why this change has occurred.

This is my first post on this forum - I don't live in Canada, though I do enjoy the odd visit and have many friends living there. But like you, I enjoy my BBC Radio 1 programmes, particularly in the morning and evening commutes. It's not just about the music - it's the whole format. No other station will have the shows I enjoy.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

GoonerUSA is an unknown quantity at this point

This just makes no sense. I have 2 subscriptions and rang SiriusXM this morning to tell them that I will be cancelling both unless they reverse the decision.

No warning, just a recorded message telling me to go to Hits One or Alt Nation for 'the same great music'

Is this a music rights issue? Cost cutting by the BBC? Cheapness by Sirius XM?

The email address I was given by the Sirius XM call center (they had NO details on the change, BTW) was [email protected]
They need to be deluged with complaints.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tuppence
Oh screw off. Where did I say my life wasn't worth living?
I was sharing info and having a rant
My post was not aimed at you in particular, but if the shoe fits wear it
Oh and screw off to you too
Old Aug 9th 2011, 1:57 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
My post was not aimed at you in particular, but if the shoe fits wear it
Oh and screw off to you too
Its mainly the fact that we paid for a service that has now been revoked. I feel like my credit card just got looted by Sirius.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.