Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Sirius drops BBC Radio 1

Sirius drops BBC Radio 1

Old Aug 11th 2011, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

Rusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to all
Default Re: Sirius drops BBC Radio 1

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Ooooh! I am only recently of IPOD ownership and have the next one up from a shuffle, I think I want to UPGRADE
The iPod Nano (is that what you have?) is perfectly sufficient for playing the file. You just need an FM transmitter or tape adapter to use it in your car, if your car doesn't have iPod integration or an AUX input.

Are you a Windows or Mac user? The program I've got is for the Mac, but I'm sure there's an equivalent for Windows. I'll see what I can find out.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

Rusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to all

This software appears to do more or less the same thing on Windows:

http://streamwriter.org/en/

If anyone feels like giving it a try, let us know what you think.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 3:11 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rusty Chainsaw
This software appears to do more or less the same thing on Windows:

http://streamwriter.org/en/

If anyone feels like giving it a try, let us know what you think.
Thank you, I will try tonight after work ooh excited
Old Aug 11th 2011, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Thank you, I will try tonight after work ooh excited
I'll try it too, thanks Rusty

This is where Sirius really start to look stupid... with iPods and whatever most people can listen to hours of whatever music they want already. So they cut a talk/music station, and people figure out how to get that for free too.

Technology has moved on so much since Sirius has come on the scene, with most cars having an MP3 player input of some sort now and many having phones or iPods with plenty of storage...

I'm on the verge of cancelling, and even if they bring Radio 1 back, if I've figured out how to get it free in the mean time... why do I want to pay Sirius anymore

Last edited by hobbes79; Aug 11th 2011 at 3:47 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

Just retweeted by Scott Mills (@Scott_Mills)

http://twitter.com/#!/ellentupman/st...80379320213505

"@Fearnecotton @scott_mills @gregjames For your US listeners to make their voices heard! iwantmyradio1.com #BringBackBBCR1 - Please RT"

Assume the message will get through to SiriusCanada. Might not even matter if SiriusCanada is being led by SiriusXM anyway

Update:

Chris Moyles (@ChrisDJMoyles): http://twitter.com/#!/CHRISDJMOYLES/...81710126739457

For all of you asking about @BBCR1 on @SIRIUSXM , BBC Worldwide have issued a statement here: bbc.in/qIUUco Hope we get back on air soon.

Last edited by conjonway; Aug 11th 2011 at 4:02 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

SambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond repute

Those don't have schedulers. Moyles show for e.g. starts at 1am here so I use Webradio - it can record multiple live stations at anytime you ask it to.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

Click here http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...One_Direction/

And listen at 21 minutes.
Old Aug 12th 2011, 2:41 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Omg sat in my car and had a go at listening to bbc world service as prompted by the sirius email. Sucks big time. Im not into syrias problems or the homeless in india or the new french actors coming through into the lime light. Dohh!

I am back to 640 am with a cancellation looming i think.
Old Aug 12th 2011, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

uber is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rusty Chainsaw
The app is on the computer. You just copy the downloaded MP3 file to your iPod/phone/whatever and use that to play it in the car. And yep, more or less every BBC station is available, including Radio 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Live and all the regional ones.

Yup me too
http://www.neardoftheheard.com is where I found it - woke up to a 192mb file.... copied it onto my Blackberry and manually time shifted too
The problem with playing off the thumbdrive is that I cant fast forward it.... but using BT streaming worked like a charm.....a real plus is not losing signal when you go under a bridge.....and you can continue to listen when you get to work......no more sitting in the car waiting for a segment you are really enjoying to finish....
Old Aug 12th 2011, 4:12 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Omg sat in my car and had a go at listening to bbc world service as prompted by the sirius email. Sucks big time. Im not into syrias problems or the homeless in india or the new french actors coming through into the lime light. Dohh!

I am back to 640 am with a cancellation looming i think.
But it does have the fabulous Lucy Kellaway. I had to stop the car during one of her pieces because I was laughing so hard.
Old Aug 14th 2011, 3:13 pm
OMG - I'm back

nivlad will become famous soon enoughnivlad will become famous soon enough

I'm really cross about this bollox, I'm going to cancel Sirius today! Tossas
Old Aug 14th 2011, 3:17 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nivlad
I'm really cross about this bollox, I'm going to cancel Sirius today! Tossas
Studio 54 looks like its guna be another 70's channel. Ffs why?
Old Aug 14th 2011, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Twigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud of

I am glad I read this thread as yesterday I patiently went through every channel to find Radio 1.

Not happy
Old Aug 15th 2011, 1:35 am
OMG - I'm back

nivlad will become famous soon enoughnivlad will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Studio 54 looks like its guna be another 70's channel. Ffs why?
go to

http://www.facebook.com/siriusxm?ref=ts#!/siriusxm

and complain, I think we may get somewhere here!!!!
Old Aug 15th 2011, 1:38 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Chris Moyles .... FFS !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.