Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Sirius drops BBC Radio 1

Sirius drops BBC Radio 1

Old Aug 10th 2011, 5:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sirius drops BBC Radio 1

Statement from BBC Worldwide Press Office
Old Aug 10th 2011, 5:49 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by waterskah
There is an iPhone app called TuneIn Radio - I just downloaded it for 99c and can now stream any BBC Radio station or record shows and play them later! I cancelled my subscription to Sirius this morning and got $260 back, so I'm actually pretty happy they did this now.
You can stream BBC radio direct and listen later....... you could have saved an extra 99c
Old Aug 10th 2011, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rusty Chainsaw
Gremmie, if you've got nothing constructive to say, then please kindly shut the f*** up. We get it, you're not upset and don't care that some of us are. Take your pathetic, unnecessary trolling elsewhere.
Me Trolling look at all the new member "trolls' who have joined just to say they are pissed at Sirius but no other topic is of interest to them, not even London Burning, and lets look at you 'trolling" on about how you miss your radio 1, we got the message the first time. get a life ,or better yet get a CD and listen to that.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahG
Good find! And good call Ramsey.

Looks exactly like the contract expired, and BBC thought they could get more money. And judging by the outrage of Sirius subscribers, and the high rate of cancellations, the BBC were right in thinking they could get it!
Old Aug 10th 2011, 6:06 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Enough already. If you've got nothing to say on a subject, then say nothing.

That goes for both sides. Stick to the topic.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

uber is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/bbc...1_sirius.shtml

Radio 1 - SIRIUS
Date: 10.08.2011
The BBCā€™s commercial arm BBC Worldwide has been in partnership with SIRIUS Satellite Radio to broadcast Radio 1 on their main network, since 2005. This agreement has now unfortunately come to an end and BBC Worldwide are in current discussions with the satellite radio station to find ways to continue to bring popular music channel, BBC Radio 1, to the US audience. We will keep you posted.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Enough already. If you've got nothing to say on a subject, then say nothing.

That goes for both sides. Stick to the topic.
define nothing ??? are we no longer allowed to express an opinion ??
Do you abide exactly to this premise ?? I will continue you to express my thoughts as is the idea behind this forum. As opposed by the flurry of "new members" who have just jumped on the band wagon of discontent.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 6:40 pm
Texas Pete

pwhite8314 is just really nicepwhite8314 is just really nicepwhite8314 is just really nicepwhite8314 is just really nicepwhite8314 is just really nicepwhite8314 is just really nicepwhite8314 is just really nicepwhite8314 is just really nice

Aren't new members a good thing? Many people sign-up to a forum for a specific reason, but hopefully the other content they find will keep them coming back.

Anyway, back on topic, with the BBC PR, this sounds a lot like the BS that the cable companies seem to go through on a regular basis, with overly-dramatic warnings that XYZ channel will no longer be available because they want too much money, people complain, and - surprise - it's all taken care of before the channel goes off air.

However, in this case, as nobody knew anything about this until the dumb loop started playing on Ch15, there was no time to prevent a poor decision. Hopefully the continuing pressure will reverse things.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 6:41 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
define nothing ??? are we no longer allowed to express an opinion ??
Do you abide exactly to this premise ?? I will continue you to express my thoughts as is the idea behind this forum. As opposed by the flurry of "new members" who have just jumped on the band wagon of discontent.
You expressed your opinion, once was enough.

The new members are commenting on a topic in the title of the thread, having found it via Google I imagine. Its a topic they care about enough to register in order to post about.

You on the otherhand, while having the valid enough opinion that you dont care about R1, have done nothing other than say that they shouldnt care about it that much, but frankly thats none of your business what they choose to care about.

If you are alleging that the new posters are all connected in some way you are mistaken and should know better. There is a reason for the mod queue after all.

So, in conclusion, and specifically for your benefit, if you dont have anything specific to add on the topic of R1 on Sirius, then butt out, or it will be considered trolling. Likewise I will not be tolerating any more comments about your or any other posters comments in this thread. If it aint about R1 or Sirius or closely related topics, then I will delete it if I notice it, if I have to do so too many times then further action may be taken.

Last edited by iaink; Aug 10th 2011 at 6:44 pm.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

SambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond repute

Renewed yesterday using the $20 for 5 months coupon. When I asked why BBC R1 wasn't working during the call, they only said that they were having technical problems with that station. I renewed anyway thinking it's just temporary.
Called again just now as I couldn't get the channel in the car still. They told me the channel will no longer be in their listing. I'm really sad and disappointed.
I asked for a refund. They processed it without any fuss and offered me the next 3 months free.

Absolutely gutted!

Anyway, before Sirius, I used a software called Magix that would record the shows for me live and create an MP3 podcast. Going to reinstall it.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 6:43 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Do you abide exactly to this premise ?? I will continue you to express my thoughts as is the idea behind this forum.
Perusal of this string of text will, perhaps, explain why you could have knocked me dahn wiv a feaver when you claimed to be a Londoner.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 6:45 pm
Texas Pete

pwhite8314 is just really nicepwhite8314 is just really nicepwhite8314 is just really nicepwhite8314 is just really nicepwhite8314 is just really nicepwhite8314 is just really nicepwhite8314 is just really nicepwhite8314 is just really nice

Also meant to say that I'm now following @BBCWPress, and tweeted them to keep us posted via Twitter...it all helps....
Old Aug 10th 2011, 8:08 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
You can stream BBC radio direct and listen later....... you could have saved an extra 99c
Sorry to seem like a neophyte but how do you do this? It'll come in handy to listen to Radio 4 if I ever get my allotment.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

ahbuildny is an unknown quantity at this point

This morning I canceled my Sirius subscription due to them dropping Radio 1. The customer service rep said I was her 5th that morning to cancel. Hopefully they get the message.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

skizzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Sirius is no longer in my motor due to this, at first I thought the Mrs. had been fiddling with my radio as usual, but no, they did try to offer me 2 free months, but it's not the same!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.