Sirius drops BBC Radio 1

Sirius drops BBC Radio 1

Old Aug 9th 2011, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

GoonerUSA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sirius drops BBC Radio 1

On the SiriusXM website (http://www.siriusxm.com/bbcradio1):

A Note to BBC Radio 1 Listeners
BBC Radio 1 is no longer available on SiriusXM. Many of the songs heard on BBC Radio 1 can be heard on SiriusXM Hits 1 (Ch. 2) or 20 on 20 (Ch. 3), Alt Nation (Ch. 36), The Heat (Ch. 47) and BPM (Ch. 51). For a British perspective on the news you can listen to BBC World Service (Ch. 11).

Email to:
[email protected]
Old Aug 9th 2011, 2:10 pm
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Okay I'm not entirely sure what is going on, all I'm hearing is it's being replaced by another channel. All I can do is suggest that you contact the Call Centre and voice your opinions.

Oh and for rumour control as there seems to be some confusion. Sirius Canada and XM Canada have merged, they now operate as SiriusXM Canada. However you cannot transfer subscriptions between the different services. Mind you you can't do that in the US either and they've been merged for a couple of years, they're operationally run as separate brands.

Last edited by Ben W Bell; Aug 9th 2011 at 2:16 pm.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 2:22 pm
Texas Pete

pwhite8314 is just really nicepwhite8314 is just really nicepwhite8314 is just really nicepwhite8314 is just really nicepwhite8314 is just really nicepwhite8314 is just really nicepwhite8314 is just really nicepwhite8314 is just really nice

I've emailed [email protected] too, for what it's worth. It's not the end of the world, but I really enjoyed having the same breakfast show I had in the UK during my drive to work here, plus there's Sara, who was going to be doing breakfast next week!

What pisses me off is that there's no notice (though clearly this is no surprise to Sirius, judging from the prepared loop that's now playing on channel 15).

I have Sonos at home, and listen(ed) to R1 a lot on there too...I can still listen to the live feed, for free, but I liked it being time-shifted.

Anyway, that would be the end of our 3 Sirius subs (home and 2 cars), but my fiance wouldn't be able to get along without Howard, and even though most of the other Sirius channels are crap, I don't ever want to go to commercial radio.

Such a shame though, ruined my morning.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

alanjwalker is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Sirius drops BBC Radio 1

Not a happy camper this morning, jumped in the car to go to work and I get some stupid message telling me about all the great channels I can listen to the same music elsewhere on Sirius. Well Sirius it isn't happening! 2-year subscription being cancelled forthwith!

For those looking for options to listen to Radio there is the iPlayer, which has either the shows pre-recoreded (Moyles in the morning) or live.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/radio/bbc_radio_one/

If you have a smartphone you can either download the Radio1 app (Iphone) or got to Radio1 mobile website and listen live there as well. You can also message the studio and complain about Sirius if you want! If you have an AV jack in your car you can plug in your phone and listent that way.

Of course no convenient time delay for listening to Moyles on the morning commute!
Old Aug 9th 2011, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

zendriver is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ben W Bell
Okay I'm not entirely sure what is going on, all I'm hearing is it's being replaced by another channel. All I can do is suggest that you contact the Call Centre and voice your opinions.

Oh and for rumour control as there seems to be some confusion. Sirius Canada and XM Canada have merged, they now operate as SiriusXM Canada. However you cannot transfer subscriptions between the different services. Mind you you can't do that in the US either and they've been merged for a couple of years, they're operationally run as separate brands.
This is the best info I've managed to dig up regarding this:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/sirius-x...ed-sirius.html

It looks like it is being replaced by a new station called Studio 54 - sounds like a disco station, but regardless, it's not BBC Radio 1. there are plenty of empty stations they could have used for Studio 54 or whatever new content they want to bring aboard.

As for reason, while we don't know the specifics, I'm fairly confident it is for the same purpose as most unannounced changes of this type are made - money. Whatever the details, you can bet it will come down to making more cash.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 2:32 pm
Just Joined

BRIT15H is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Sirius drops BBC Radio 1

I'm still really angry about this :curse: I've been looking for other threads - I saw a post where a man phoned India to cancel his subscription, and they could't tell him why Radio 1 had been dropped.

-If they cancel BBC America as well - I'm going home!!
Old Aug 9th 2011, 2:42 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Sirius just dont get it do they. They say on the Radio One channel they are making room for a station that will play all the same music as Radio One.

Its not all about the frikkin music, Sirriusly, its not.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 2:51 pm
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

If you're a Sirius Canada subscriber you can also log into the lounge and add your views to one of the threads going on there.

http://www.sirius.ca/en/lounge/
Old Aug 9th 2011, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Has any one else noticed that most of the "Posts" on this thread are from new members that have never posted before this thread
Old Aug 9th 2011, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

j1983m is an unknown quantity at this point

I just called to cancel.

They couldn't say why R1 was dropped but I was told something about a survey. Anyway I was offered 2 months free. I declined as all I use sirius for is R1.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 3:00 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Has any one else noticed that most of the "Posts" on this thread are from new members that have never posted before this thread
I had cos I keep having to approve them!

me, I dont care about Sirius or Radio1...
Old Aug 9th 2011, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
I had cos I keep having to approve them!

me, I dont care about Sirius or Radio1...
Well you are paid to notice but still, its all very fishy
Old Aug 9th 2011, 3:12 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j1983m
Any other ways to listen in the car?
Live streaming via the iPhone played over bluetooth into the car stereo
Old Aug 9th 2011, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

saint2e is an unknown quantity at this point

I signed up because this thread is one of the first ones I came across when I searched for BBC Radio 1 being cancelled on Sirius.

I'm not a British Ex-Pat as I'm Canadian, but I lived over in the UK (Woking, Surrey to be exact) for 2.5 years, and grew quite fond of Radio 1. Moving back here, one of the primary reasons for me signing up is BBC Radio 1 being one of the stations.

It's been great! Very disappointed they've taken it off.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 3:19 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I listened to Radio 1 when commuting. I liked it because:

- no references to Canadiana

- traffic and weather as accurate and relevant as that on the local stations

- quality news reporting (relative to the the local stations)

- nice accents!
Yeah, but chris moyles is an annoying unfunny ******. Switching to Radio 2 and finding it not that bad was both depressing and a big relief at the same time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.