Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Sigh...the whinge thread

Sigh...the whinge thread

Old Oct 30th 2017, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

jerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sigh...the whinge thread

amazon.ca is kind of rubbish
Old Oct 30th 2017, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
So I ordered a pair of very stylish Nike running trousers from The Bay as they were on sale. Get an email today saying they cancelled the order because of lack of inventory but when I checked they were still being sold on the website but for a higher price. The cheap bastards. So after some less than cordial phone calls from me, they replaced the order at the sale price.

Shopping online in Canada is complete rubbish. Now I'll have to deal with the pantomime of shipping. They'll probably arrive in two months time by yak post. I didn't need this on a Monday morning, I got better things to wasting my time on.

Had a similar issue at an Adidas Outlet Store buying a track jacket. They were 25% off in the store but they didn't have my size so they said they could order one for me and have it delivered to my house and there would be no delivery charge. Seemed a good idea at the time. They took me over to a computer and had me start to input my address etc and then I noticed the price was the full retail price. I called them out on this and they tried to fob me off. They said the price of 25% was only for in stock items which may have been true but I told them in no uncertain terms that they should have told me of the full price before we even started the ordering process at full price.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 7:33 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Had a similar issue at an Adidas Outlet Store buying a track jacket. They were 25% off in the store but they didn't have my size so they said they could order one for me and have it delivered to my house and there would be no delivery charge. Seemed a good idea at the time. They took me over to a computer and had me start to input my address etc and then I noticed the price was the full retail price. I called them out on this and they tried to fob me off. They said the price of 25% was only for in stock items which may have been true but I told them in no uncertain terms that they should have told me of the full price before we even started the ordering process at full price.
Did they honour the sale price and did you get your jacket?
Old Oct 30th 2017, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Did they honour the sale price and did you get your jacket?
Nope and Nope. Went to an independent store and got it mid way price wise between the discounted price @ Adidas store and full price. Who runs out of adult medium?
Old Oct 31st 2017, 6:10 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Want to watch TV so I check the program guide to find my show. Get the remote and start clicking through channels. Get to my channel and clicked past it. So annoyed. Had click back a channel. Luckily the show hadn't started yet. Would have been furious if it had.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 6:19 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Want to watch TV so I check the program guide to find my show. Get the remote and start clicking through channels. Get to my channel and clicked past it. So annoyed. Had click back a channel. Luckily the show hadn't started yet. Would have been furious if it had.
Middle-aged tw**
Old Oct 31st 2017, 6:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope one day Canada embraces online shopping...

I needed a part for my aquarium filter, no local stores carry it and none were willing to order it in, found an online store based in Ontario, they wanted 6.98 for the part, put in the car, hit check out, and shipping was 14.99 + 9.99 as the part is apparently oversize.

Ended up ordering from a US site, $13 after the exchange rate and shipping cost.

So I ordered a pair of very stylish Nike running trousers from The Bay as they were on sale. Get an email today saying they cancelled the order because of lack of inventory but when I checked they were still being sold on the website but for a higher price. The cheap bastards. So after some less than cordial phone calls from me, they replaced the order at the sale price.

Shopping online in Canada is complete rubbish. Now I'll have to deal with the pantomime of shipping. They'll probably arrive in two months time by yak post. I didn't need this on a Monday morning, I got better things to wasting my time on.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 7:23 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Should have stuck with the Lululemons...
Old Oct 31st 2017, 11:02 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Item on CBC radio about Halloween costumes and how stereotypes need to be avoided. No wearing dreads, fake bone through nose, no sombreros etc.
No Indian Princess outfit. At first I took this to mean Pocahontas and wondered at the use of 'Indian' but my stepdaughter wondered if it was more likely to be Jasmine of Disney/Aladdin fame.

Apparently, though, dressing as Snow White is fine.

So the fluffy, ultra-feminine, damsel in distress who needs saving, doing housework for 7 blokes while waiting for her Prince Charming is okay then.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

jerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond reputejerryhung has a reputation beyond repute

lol
Old Oct 31st 2017, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

CBC news is rubbish
Old Oct 31st 2017, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Should have stuck with the Lululemons...
They don't fit my body shape.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 6:52 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

They don't fit my body shape.
They fit any body shape. That's both the blessing and the curse...
Old Oct 31st 2017, 7:03 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Apparently, though, dressing as Snow White is fine.
Go for it Bristol, if you've still got the figure for it.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
They fit any body shape. That's both the blessing and the curse...
I meant "fit" in the sense or "suit".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.