Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Was This The Shortest Thread On BE - Ever

Was This The Shortest Thread On BE - Ever

Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:08 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Was This The Shortest Thread On BE - Ever

Originally Posted by tinytears
If however you wish to use that as another excuse to belittle me, then I'm sorry I'd rather not waste my time.
I don't think you make the effort to differentiate between debate and abuse, my view that national service is not a panacea does not belittle you.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:09 pm

tinytears is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbd33
tinytears argued that national service would being the UK back from the dogs. I suggested that it wouldn't, citing Israel and Russia (among other countries) as places where national service exists but the populace is disorderly. She became abusive and stormed off. It doesn't seem to me unreasonable to ask if she's calmed down now.
First of all I didn't storm off, I haven't been anyway other than working on my business plan and TWP application, doing homework with the kids, working on an ecommerce supplier, doing a strategy pyramid (which was cool because I've never done one before), trying to stop my kids and my husband fighting plus a number of other things. I have also taken odd breaks to come on here and if you bother to look, have posted off and on throughout the day.

Secondly you haven't asked if I've calmed down, you have tried again to bully and belittle me. There is a difference.

Last edited by tinytears; Jan 20th 2009 at 7:13 pm.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:09 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
What are your thoughts on the Swiss national service then,ive never noticed a disorderly populace
Ha! I mentioned that on the original thread, it was intended as a thrown bone.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Ha! I mentioned that on the original thread, it was intended as a thrown bone.
Ok,ya lost me there somewhere,,the original thread was ??????
Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:18 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

So did someone complain about my thread??
Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:30 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by tinytears
First of all I didn't storm off, I haven't been anyway other than working on my business plan and TWP application, doing homework with the kids, working on an ecommerce supplier, doing a strategy pyramid (which was cool because I've never done one before), trying to stop my kids and my husband fighting plus a number of other things. I have also taken odd breaks to come on here and if you bother to look, have posted off and on throughout the day.

Secondly you haven't asked if I've calmed down, you have tried again to bully and belittle me. There is a difference.
Ahem, you denounced me as being antisemetic and declared that you wouldn't "validate" my opinons by "arguing" them. I thought that quite flouncy. Still, I'm no fascinated by the idea of a "strategy pyramid", what's that?
Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:33 pm

Ahem, you denounced me as being antisemetic and declared that you wouldn't "validate" my opinons by "arguing" them. I thought that quite flouncy. Still, I'm no fascinated by the idea of a "strategy pyramid", what's that?
I didn't flounce! I did as I said which is I wouldn't argue with you.

Strategy pyramids are some sort of marketing concept:

They are explained in this article and if you scroll down you can see an example:-

http://www.entrepreneur.com/starting...cle180042.html

So I did strategy pyramids for several areas of the business, not just marketing but sales as well which gives us all a nice clear vision now of what needs to be achieved.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:51 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
Why are you always having a dig at the mods? Give us a break please.

The threads in question were made to wind up another member, we let it go on for a bit then decided to draw it to a close. Stuff like that is alright up to a point but we have to stop it eventually, cause once it goes on too long its not really funny anymore.
As instigator of one of the threads in question, might I say that I wholly agree with Sue and Amy in this instance. It wasn't actually having a dig at another poster, it was my reaction to the aggressive responses to my simple question "what is the point of another thread like this?" on that other posters thread.

Moving it to TIO or simply closing it would've been fine by me after the first couple of pages. As it was it was beginning to take on a completely unwanted life of its own. A bit like the "three word post thread", disowned a long time ago by it's departed creator but still growing like a cancerous organism on the Maple Leaf.

Thank you Mods.

Novo.

I never even saw the "If" thread, so no comment.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:55 pm
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

A contentious aside - having been a Moderator for the last 4 years of a large international forum for women, I understand that it can be a fine line making judgements on threads and when to allow them to run on or close them. Our remit is remarkably strong handed as our site attracts many different groups of people and there are strict rules regarding posting, far more than here.

As a new mod it is hard to get it right all the time initially and great to get support and mentorship from other more established mods. It is also hard for other members to take a new mod terribly seriously as most know them to be just a normal posting member as they were before. And finally, it is hard to frankly not come across as a power mad uber lord, and it needs to be remembered that the keys to the executive toilet may be yours, but you still can conduct yourself in a slightly less hobnailed boot approach, when the Mod hat is firmly wedged on!

I use the term *you* in general and indeed about my own experience as a new Mod.

Back to hand cuffs, whips and mornington cresent then guys!
Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:59 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't seem to me unreasonable to ask if she's calmed down now.
But you didn't ask if she had calmed down...you challenged her again because she didn't rise to the bait before. She has since indicated her lack of knowledge on that particular situation and....I'm just guessing here.....you probably knew that and saw it as another easy opportunity to put her down.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:59 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy2
A contentious aside - having been a Moderator for the last 4 years of a large international forum for women, I understand that it can be a fine line making judgements on threads and when to allow them to run on or close them. Our remit is remarkably strong handed as our site attracts many different groups of people and there are strict rules regarding posting, far more than here.

As a new mod it is hard to get it right all the time initially and great to get support and mentorship from other more established mods. It is also hard for other members to take a new mod terribly seriously as most know them to be just a normal posting member as they were before. And finally, it is hard to frankly not come across as a power mad uber lord, and it needs to be remembered that the keys to the executive toilet may be yours, but you still can conduct yourself in a slightly less hobnailed boot approach, when the Mod hat is firmly wedged on!

I use the term *you* in general and indeed about my own experience as a new Mod.

Nice one Poppy
Old Jan 20th 2009, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

celtic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond repute

Well said Poppy !
Old Jan 20th 2009, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Do all mods live in NS ????
Whats a mad uber lord ???
Old Jan 20th 2009, 8:06 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
But you didn't ask if she had calmed down...you challenged her again because she didn't rise to the bait before. She has since indicated her lack of knowledge on that particular situation and....I'm just guessing here.....you probably knew that and saw it as another easy opportunity to put her down.
Thats there job....mine happens to be a Flirt

Their job in picking on people to try and feel important...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't....Today...We shall see
Old Jan 20th 2009, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
Thats there job....mine happens to be a Flirt

Their job in picking on people to try and feel important...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't....Today...We shall see

Love it!

Well I can tell you that it doesn't work with me, really!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.