Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Shaw TV/ Black Screen / no sound

Wikiposts

Shaw TV/ Black Screen / no sound

Old Oct 19th 2014, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Largo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Shaw TV/ Black Screen / no sound

Has anyone had this problem? On Friday night I shut off my TV and everything was fine. Last night, Saturday , I had a black screen and no sound, the same again today.
I called the local office, got a recorded message that there was a problem with HD guide and to try a channel either up or down to see if a picture would appear. ( It didn't ).If not, to try holding the power button on the HD terminal for 15 - to- 20 seconds. If this did not work ( it didn't ) to leave a comment below When I went to' below', the comment section was 'reserved for updates'. The name was 'Colin Shaw'
So I called 'Customer Service' where one is supposed to be able to talk to a representative 24 hrs a day 7 days a week Guess what , I got the same recorded message that I started with. I guess this is what is called a vicious circle.
Any ideas, or help would be appreciated .
Old Oct 19th 2014, 12:00 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shaw TV/ Black Screen / no sound

Unplug everything for a minute or so then try again
Old Oct 19th 2014, 12:37 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Largo
Has anyone had this problem? On Friday night I shut off my TV and everything was fine. Last night, Saturday , I had a black screen and no sound, the same again today.

Make sure it is plugged into the power outlet?
Old Oct 19th 2014, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Largo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Shaw TV/ Black Screen / no sound

Originally Posted by Largo
I called the local office, got a recorded message that there was a problem with HD guide and to try a channel either up or down to see if a picture would appear. ( It didn't ).If not, to try holding the power button on the HD terminal for 15 - to- 20 seconds. If this did not work ( it didn't ) to leave a comment below When I went to' below', the comment section was 'reserved for updates'. The name was 'Colin Shaw'
So I called 'Customer Service' where one is supposed to be able to talk to a representative 24 hrs a day 7 days a week Guess what , I got the same recorded message that I started with. I guess this is what is called a vicious circle.
Originally Posted by Aviator
Make sure it is plugged into the power outlet?
Thank you for the reminder. It was
Old Oct 19th 2014, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Unplug everything for a minute or so then try again
Thank you very much. It worked.