Scotland - Indy II

Old Mar 16th 2017, 9:53 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scotland - Indy II

Originally Posted by Shard
The two speed Europe idea is quite interesting.
I think evidence will suggest that there has, especially since the advent of the euro, been a multi speed europe.

In addition to those in and those out of the eurozone there have been economic divisions within the eurozone itself.

Those nations with healthy-ish economies have benefited from a euro held low by its use within poor countries. Other nations, especially Germany, have been able to exploit this and offload the problems to their less well off cousins in the south, Greece for example.
Old Mar 17th 2017, 3:07 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I just hope the Scotch will naff off if they want and stop naffing moaning.
Old Mar 17th 2017, 7:07 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

Germany has absolutely benefitted from the low Euro, and they can't even be accused of currency manipulation.

It will be interesting to see what a lower pound might do for England in the future.

Originally Posted by dave_j
I think evidence will suggest that there has, especially since the advent of the euro, been a multi speed europe.

In addition to those in and those out of the eurozone there have been economic divisions within the eurozone itself.

Those nations with healthy-ish economies have benefited from a euro held low by its use within poor countries. Other nations, especially Germany, have been able to exploit this and offload the problems to their less well off cousins in the south, Greece for example.
Old Mar 18th 2017, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
I just hope the Scotch will naff off if they want and stop naffing moaning.
exactly how I felt for 10 years
Old Mar 18th 2017, 3:28 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
exactly how I felt for 10 years
I have to wonder if that's how the continent feels about the UK too...
Old Mar 18th 2017, 5:04 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pizzawheel
I have to wonder if that's how the continent feels about the UK too...
I have to say I pretty much feel that way about the Brexiters. Forty years of complaining and whinging about a 'problem' that never existed.
Old Mar 30th 2017, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

The UK will be screwed by the EU thanks to Nigel Farage.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7le5GPJpbE
"you have never done a day of work in your life"
Old Mar 30th 2017, 3:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neilcumming
The UK will be screwed by the EU thanks to Nigel Farage.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7le5GPJpbE
"you have never done a day of work in your life"
I'd like to hear how you believe it will be screwed. Lots of EU states do lots of trade with the UK. Any tariffs they wish to impose upon the UK can be easily reciprocated.

I appreciate that some small minded bureaucrats may wish to "punish" the UK for leaving and may wish to impose such terrible terms that they may believe that will prevent other states from deciding to leave too. I believe that such a stance would be a mistake.

It will be better for all involved if sensible terms can be agreed upon.

Pre 1992 the UK did large amounts of trade with European states. I fail to see why they cannot do so again.
Old Mar 30th 2017, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with you it will be better if sensible terms can be agreed but Farage has been insulting the MEPs since 1999 !He has got his cake and he is going to eat it!
Old Mar 30th 2017, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkG
Brexit can't take 10 years, because the EU will be history by then.

Its not just the UK that wants out.
Old Mar 30th 2017, 4:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pizzawheel

I thought it was billions of pounds per day, all of which could be invested in genuine British war veteran kittens pensions instead.

Wales is the curious case, as they were a have not and got more than they gave, but still voted out.
To be fair Wales didnt contribute as Wales, the same as England didnt contribute as England.

The UNITED Kingdom contributed to the EU.
Old Mar 30th 2017, 5:59 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I appreciate that some small minded bureaucrats may wish to "punish" the UK for leaving and may wish to impose such terrible terms that they may believe that will prevent other states from deciding to leave too. I believe that such a stance would be a mistake.
It will be better for all involved if sensible terms can be agreed upon.
Pre 1992 the UK did large amounts of trade with European states. I fail to see why they cannot do so again.
It's not just bureacrats who will feel this personally. Politicians will be looking over their shoulders at those knives waiting to stab them in the back if pressure groups get to push too hard. It's difficult to think straight when you're, as the phrase so neatly puts it, 'up to your a*se in alligators'.

From the viewpoint of the UK, I suspect that what production that's left in the UK is wearing a wide grin. I know that the company I worked for has it's production fully booked throughout 2017 and it's salesmen are pressing to squeeze more orders in while it's competitors on the continent have shut up shop. Remember, sterling has fallen 20% since the vote and WTO rules would add a further 10% to imports. That shiny new BMW is already costing more and another 10% might just make it too much like a bad deal to say nothing of the tourist industry. Imagine continental tourist managers getting really upset if no agreement is made on flights out of the UK to EU airports.

Merkel has already shown herself, by her open door to refugee policy, to be completely mad and devoid of common sense. Her latest rant that no progress will be possible until the divorce bill is settled is likewise a blunder too far.

Have alook at some comments on this link to gauge some french sentiment Le Royaume-Uni déclenche officiellement le Brexit

It's going to be an interesting year.
Old Mar 30th 2017, 6:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

I can't see the UK "losing" too much. The big players in the EU have far more to lose if a deal can't be worked out.

Just look at how many trading countries are not in the EU.

I can't see too much changing that will affect the vast majority of the UK population, despite what the elites may say.
Old Mar 31st 2017, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I can't see the UK "losing" too much. The big players in the EU have far more to lose if a deal can't be worked out.

Just look at how many trading countries are not in the EU.

I can't see too much changing that will affect the vast majority of the UK population, despite what the elites may say.
I agree, i think it maybe an uncertain couple of years fir the UK, but trading deals will be struck and life will go on.

If the EU had remained as just a trading block like the EEC was, then it would never have reached this point.

No member state wants a United States of Europe which was where it was heading.

Last edited by Paul_Shepherd; Mar 31st 2017 at 11:06 am.
Old Mar 31st 2017, 11:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

For me the level of the debate is summed up by the headline I saw recently - "How will Brexit affect house prices ?".

You see Jingoism only goes so far !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.