Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The Rosie Sparkles Thread

The Rosie Sparkles Thread

Old Aug 27th 2018, 9:41 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Rosie Sparkles Thread

Well check her out!!! Way to go Rosie!! She looks so determined and so pleased with herself. We are going to see her in the big leagues in no time at all.

(I have had a super crap day, and this was the perfect uplift. Thanks Oak!)
Old Aug 27th 2018, 10:40 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
Another season drawing to a close, time to pop back for another quick update. Rosie's been blowing a bit hot & cold over the whole track racing thing, largely because it seemed no sooner had her coach sorted her out in a properly fitting chair, she grew another couple of inches and had to start again! The club has a storage room full of different sized frames, seats, wheels and accessories that have been acquired or donated over the years, which is really awesome as they can (within reason) customize a chair for people of a huge range of sizes and with many and various disabilities. They also benefited from the Para-Pan-Am and Invictus games' legacy; a couple of the leading manufacturers brought a whole load of chairs to the Games both as spares and for public try-out sessions, which were either donated or sold for a nominal cost to local disability sports organizations.

Once we found a chair to fit, however, there was no stopping her. This photo shows the expression on her face as she realized she was ahead of the field in one of her first competitive 100m races...
Incredible photo, incredible girl.
Old Aug 27th 2018, 11:13 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Another season drawing to a close, time to pop back for another quick update. Rosie's been blowing a bit hot & cold over the whole track racing thing, largely because it seemed no sooner had her coach sorted her out in a properly fitting chair, she grew another couple of inches and had to start again! The club has a storage room full of different sized frames, seats, wheels and accessories that have been acquired or donated over the years, which is really awesome as they can (within reason) customize a chair for people of a huge range of sizes and with many and various disabilities. They also benefited from the Para-Pan-Am and Invictus games' legacy; a couple of the leading manufacturers brought a whole load of chairs to the Games both as spares and for public try-out sessions, which were either donated or sold for a nominal cost to local disability sports organizations.

Once we found a chair to fit, however, there was no stopping her. This photo shows the expression on her face as she realized she was ahead of the field in one of her first competitive 100m races...
Great to hear that things are sorted on the track. You have an amazing daughter Oakvillian,
Old Aug 28th 2018, 12:05 am
:)

pthom has a reputation beyond reputepthom has a reputation beyond reputepthom has a reputation beyond reputepthom has a reputation beyond reputepthom has a reputation beyond reputepthom has a reputation beyond reputepthom has a reputation beyond reputepthom has a reputation beyond reputepthom has a reputation beyond reputepthom has a reputation beyond reputepthom has a reputation beyond repute

WOW, way to go Rosie. This is fabulous and she looks so happy and confident. I shall look forward to following her career, I think she's going to be a star!
Old Aug 28th 2018, 12:46 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely fantastic. Thank you so much Oakvillian for letting us share in Rosie's story. She's done you proud - and you and your wife have done her proud
Old Aug 28th 2018, 1:48 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

My post got lost in cyberspace.......... but I just want to say .... Go Rosie!!

She has been an inspiration to me...... truly. I'm so dang impressed by her... she's amazing.

Thank you for sharing and letting us have a glimpse of that moment of joy.

<3
Old Aug 28th 2018, 6:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Such a such a great photo, thanks for the update
Old Aug 28th 2018, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

GermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic photo. That smile says so much.

Thanks for sharing - great to see such progress and achievement.
Old Aug 28th 2018, 10:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

That's just brilliant Oak. She's doing so well, you must be incredibly proud of her determination and spirit. Look forward to seeing her in the Olympics in years to come and telling anyone and everyone that I kind of know her!
Old Aug 29th 2018, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

Fabulous photo of your incredible daughter.
Old Aug 29th 2018, 5:22 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

That got me all weepy - wonderful fantastic photo - thank you.
Old Aug 30th 2018, 12:27 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

I will confess to also developing a defective tear duct. That photo has made my day. It is beyond A-word!

Things looked bleak at the beginning. Now look at at. I cannot even begin to imagine how much effort Oak and his family have put into this.

I am awestruck (bugger, I used the word!).

One could easily make a movie out of this story.
Old Aug 31st 2018, 11:58 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Another one who must have developed an allergy to the dust in her room!
Seriously though my arms are knackered after pushing my dad around in his wheelchair for a few days, I can't even begin to imagine the physical effort that takes (not aside from the mental effort it must have taken to get to that point)

Go Rosie
Old Aug 31st 2018, 6:17 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: The Rosie Sparkles Thread

Heart warming
Old Aug 31st 2018, 8:06 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I'm late to this update, but Rosie is amazing, as is her family. I know her father is, but have to assume that the rest of the family is equally exceptional.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.