Roseanne returns

Old May 30th 2018, 10:52 pm
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roseanne returns

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Too 'straight'. Maybe a gender-fluid actor.
Rosie O'Donnell straight? I think you'd be kind of hard pressed to find a less straight actress to replace Roseanne.

And didn't they kill off Dan (John Goodman) in the last seasons of the original ?
Old May 30th 2018, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
Rosie O'Donnell straight? I think you'd be kind of hard pressed to find a less straight actress to replace Roseanne.

And didn't they kill off Dan (John Goodman) in the last seasons of the original ?
Yes. However he is in the reboot.
Old May 30th 2018, 11:04 pm
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
Yes. However he is in the reboot.
That's just weird to me. How do they explain the second rising?
Old May 30th 2018, 11:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

They don't. They start the reboot like the show never ended the way it did with a couple small comments in the first episode as jokes that kind of hinted at the original ending without actually saying anything.

Last edited by Jsmth321; May 30th 2018 at 11:36 pm.
Old May 30th 2018, 11:33 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

it was all a dream, as was the lottery win.

They should just kill off the Roseanne character and carry on without her. The other actors are much more successful and competent than she.
Old May 30th 2018, 11:39 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

No, I don't mean straight in that way. They had already swapped woman out, woman in and then reversed them again, so I meant something different this time. Maybe I should have said safe.
Old May 30th 2018, 11:40 pm
Newlywed

Originally Posted by bats View Post

They should just kill off the Roseanne character and carry on without her. The other actors are much more successful and competent than she.
I see... Having not seen the new one I didn't know what they did. Agreed about the others though. Kill her character and rename the show but keep the others.
Old May 30th 2018, 11:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by bats View Post

I agree, and a lot of people online also say the same, however I don't think ABC will do it. Rename the show The Connors, focused on Dan helping raise the grand kids while holding the family together after the unexpected death of Roseanne from a drug overdose or car accident or dying during surgery for her knee.

Its been done before, in the 80's there was a show called Valerie's Family, after season 2 the actress who played Valerie got in a dispute with producers so they killed her off, replaced her with another actress who now played the aunt who came to help the family out, and show renamed Hogan's Family.
Old May 30th 2018, 11:51 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

When Pernell Roberts couldn't agree to a new contract on Bonanza they just said Adam went to Europe, and the only reference to him therefter was the occasional letter home.
Old May 31st 2018, 2:17 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

O'Donnell must have disappeared at some point. I recall the joke at the time being that she'd be found, face down in Rikki Lake.
Old May 31st 2018, 2:23 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Thanks...but that does seem a bit different. " Except for the kids, who may not have a choice or understand what they are doing, I will never watch anything any of these people are in again. Which makes me sad, because I love John Goodman." That appears to be blaming them for turning on her. Throwing her under the bus as it were.
No that twitter response appeared more to be tarring the entire cast with the same brush as the one tarring Roseanne.

I don't twitter and if I did, wouldn't be to follow a celebrity.
Old May 31st 2018, 1:55 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete View Post
No that twitter response appeared more to be tarring the entire cast with the same brush as the one tarring Roseanne.
In the context of the later one yes, but not on it's own. Not unless you take a guess at what the tweeter was thinking. And that their thought was correct even though they had no personal knowledge of the cast and its knowledge.
Old Oct 17th 2018, 10:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Connors premiered last night.

I thought it was a good episode.

10.5 million viewers last night putting the episode on par with the last episode of the previous season in the spring.

Looks like it was also the 2nd most watched show on Tuesday night, NCIS being the most watched, but its not in the same time slot.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/the...ne-1202981363/
Old Oct 18th 2018, 2:46 am
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
The Connors premiered last night.

I thought it was a good episode.

10.5 million viewers last night putting the episode on par with the last episode of the previous season in the spring.

Looks like it was also the 2nd most watched show on Tuesday night, NCIS being the most watched, but its not in the same time slot.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/the...ne-1202981363/
I watched it too and it wasn't bad. Still has good character actors in Sara Gilpert and Laura Metcalf . I will be tuning in next week.