Yes
22.58%
No
77.42%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Romanias R Us

Old Jan 27th 2014, 3:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Romanias R Us

Originally Posted by gozitanguygoinghome99xx
+1, and maybe change the education system so kids learn what they like, what they are passionate about! Not the mindless bull**** they shove down our throats here... Why do you think theres all that unemployment? Kids think school is boring, they are wasting away 14 years of their life with this sh*t, (which is how i feel) and have the idea that university is another 4 years of high school with more responsibility! Doesnt sound appealing, does it. Some also don't have the dream of getting a nice degree and settling down in Middleclass-shire with 2.7 kids, a black lab and a minivan.
What do you intend to do?
Old Jan 27th 2014, 3:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Such cynicism. I'm impressed.
Thanks
Old Jan 27th 2014, 4:09 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
What do you intend to do?
probably, learn Arabic, go back to Malta and open up a Bert’s, Fred’s or Bob’s Bar and Internet café and work for the Chinese MSS.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 4:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Yes its right they should be allowed these apprenticeships. From the article
European freedom of movement laws mean the UK is powerless to stop EU migrants taking up coveted apprenticeship spots ahead of British people who are also looking for work.

If the shoe was on the other foot would Brits be complaining that why can't they get these apprenticeships under the EU rules.
The UK voted to join the EU so they either abide by the laws or vote to leave the EU if not happy.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 4:30 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Yes its right they should be allowed these apprenticeships. From the article
European freedom of movement laws mean the UK is powerless to stop EU migrants taking up coveted apprenticeship spots ahead of British people who are also looking for work.

If the shoe was on the other foot would Brits be complaining that why can't they get these apprenticeships under the EU rules.
The UK voted to join the EU so they either abide by the laws or vote to leave the EU if not happy.
When did they vote to join the EU?
Old Jan 27th 2014, 4:38 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

It's high time the UK opted out of the EU, from a very limited knowledge of everything the EU does, it does seem to me that the EU rules benefits EU countries except the UK by allowing all other EU countries to move to the UK and claim benefits. Benefits that are better than their home country. I do think that if you are moving to another country, to better your life, you should be able to support yourself and your family by way of work, regardless of whether you are in the EU or not.

I know a couple, he is English and she Canadian, they got married last year. On two occasions she has tried to enter the UK without having the proper paperwork in place, he at the time could not have supported her as he was on benefits, I believe he has a job now. They were both annoyed that she could not gain entry (cheat the system) and have made some rather racist remarks. In this case I think it's right she was turned away, as they were trying to cheat the system. It's just a shame that the EU being what it is, can overcrowd a country to the point of breaking the infrastructure it has in place.

I'm not sure if the point I'm trying to make is coming across clearly or in the right way. I think the UK should be able to say something like these apprenticeships are designed to aid UK Nationals, if in the event places are not filled then non UK Nationals will be allowed to apply.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 4:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
It's high time the UK opted out of the EU, from a very limited knowledge of everything the EU does, it does seem to me that the EU rules benefits EU countries except the UK by allowing all other EU countries to move to the UK and claim benefits. Benefits that are better than their home country. I do think that if you are moving to another country, to better your life, you should be able to support yourself and your family by way of work, regardless of whether you are in the EU or not.

I know a couple, he is English and she Canadian, they got married last year. On two occasions she has tried to enter the UK without having the proper paperwork in place, he at the time could not have supported her as he was on benefits, I believe he has a job now. They were both annoyed that she could not gain entry (cheat the system) and have made some rather racist remarks. In this case I think it's right she was turned away, as they were trying to cheat the system. It's just a shame that the EU being what it is, can overcrowd a country to the point of breaking the infrastructure it has in place.

I'm not sure if the point I'm trying to make is coming across clearly or in the right way. I think the UK should be able to say something like these apprenticeships are designed to aid UK Nationals, if in the event places are not filled then non UK Nationals will be allowed to apply.
Do you have any actual evidence that the UK is becoming overrun with benefit seeking immigrants from the EU? I thought the objection was that Polish workers were "stealing" all the work from British ones.

I appreciate that I am a simpleton but both "arguments" cannot be correct
Old Jan 27th 2014, 4:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
When did they vote to join the EU?

Labour Prime Minister Harold Wilson had a referendum on Britain’s membership – the last national referendum this country has had. 66% voted yes – to stay in the European Community
Old Jan 27th 2014, 4:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Labour Prime Minister Harold Wilson had a referendum on Britain’s membership – the last national referendum this country has had. 66% voted yes – to stay in the European Community
And their membership of the EU was authorised by their elected representatives.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 5:40 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

So basically no one under 40 who is able to vote now could vote then. Half the working populace and tax payers.

I'm indifferent about the whole apprenticeship thing. But it is probably time another referendum was held so the people can reaffirm their commitment to the EU or not.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 5:43 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

The European Union didn't exist in 1975. The EC did, but that's a completely different entity. The funny bit about Maastricht (1992) was it had a lot of focus on the Euro and financial responsibility rules. Stuff about deficits, inflation rates and government debt. Obviously as no citizens (to my knowledge) voted on it the EU inevitably decided there was no mandate to stick to it. We all saw what happened.

So no...1975 is a load of crap being honest.

Last edited by orly; Jan 27th 2014 at 5:52 pm.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 6:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by orly
The European Union didn't exist in 1975. The EC did, but that's a completely different entity. The funny bit about Maastricht (1992) was it had a lot of focus on the Euro and financial responsibility rules. Stuff about deficits, inflation rates and government debt. Obviously as no citizens (to my knowledge) voted on it the EU inevitably decided there was no mandate to stick to it. We all saw what happened.

So no...1975 is a load of crap being honest.
I'll be interested to see what happens if a referendum on remaining/leaving is ever permitted. I also look forward to viewing the arguments put forward by both camps.

The simple fact of the matter is that most of the laws that expats wish were in operation in Canada came about as a result of EU directives.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 7:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

probably, learn Arabic, go back to Malta and open up a Bert’s, Fred’s or Bob’s Bar and Internet café and work for the Chinese MSS.
Well you got learn Arabic right I was contemplating learning Arabic as well as Maltese... Oh, and go back to Malta is right too

So to answer your question Almost Canadian, everything Oink has said. Oink knows me well
Old Jan 27th 2014, 7:35 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gozitanguygoinghome99xx
Well you got learn Arabic right I was contemplating learning Arabic as well as Maltese... Oh, and go back to Malta is right too

So to answer your question Almost Canadian, everything Oink has said. Oink knows me well
I know Malta very well.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 7:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I know Malta very well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.