Ripoff beer prices

Old May 24th 2015, 1:35 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ripoff beer prices

Originally Posted by plasticcanuck
The statistics of each country are irrelevant. People are being maimed and killed in both jurisdictions and zero tolerance is essential if any reductions in deaths and injuries is to be attained.
Zero tolerance will not stop drink driving, only education from a young age will.
Old May 24th 2015, 1:36 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeUK
Err... From that last set of stats I looked at Drink driving is much worse in Canada

Price and availability isn’t a critcal factor in drink driving,
But you'll find incidents far lower in Ontario. Oddly the province that people tend to complain about being too expensive etc.
Old May 24th 2015, 2:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by plasticcanuck
The statistics of each country are irrelevant. People are being maimed and killed in both jurisdictions and zero tolerance is essential if any reductions in deaths and injuries is to be attained.
The stats are relevant, if the DUI is lower in places with less restrictions and lower prices, shows the high prices in Canada are just a cash grab with no effect on drinking or driving drunk.
Old May 25th 2015, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

I bought a nice beer at Superstore in Calgary,Full Nelson organic IPA 8% ,it was $4.99 for 650ml bottle .Its more expensive than say Kokanee but I like the micro brewies or craft beers than the mass produced beers.
Old May 25th 2015, 1:32 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neilcumming
I bought a nice beer at Superstore in Calgary,Full Nelson organic IPA 8% ,it was $4.99 for 650ml bottle .Its more expensive than say Kokanee but I like the micro brewies or craft beers than the mass produced beers.
Three bottles of that and you're really finished.

Craft is the way to go.
Old May 25th 2015, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Three bottles of that and you're really finished.

Craft is the way to go.
I drank 2 bottles of it and a couple of glasses of wine and had a nice buzz going.Definetley will be buying more of it!
Old May 25th 2015, 2:18 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neilcumming
I drank 2 bottles of it and a couple of glasses of wine and had a nice buzz going.Definetley will be buying more of it!
Nice one.
Old May 27th 2015, 12:40 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by orly
But you'll find incidents far lower in Ontario. Oddly the province that people tend to complain about being too expensive etc.
If that were true, and I doubt that it is, it would only reflect differences in enforcement and reporting. As an owner of a lot of roadside verge I know that driving, drinking, and flinging the empties out of the window is usual in Ontario. That wasn't the case in the UK in my lifetime; we just don't have the culture of drinking at the wheel the way Canadians have now and Americans did in the past.

I've no idea how one might measure the relative incidence of getting into a vehicle and driving it while already drunk or stoned but bottles/cans flung per mile seems like a good measure of the relative incidence of getting drunk while driving a vehicle.
Old May 27th 2015, 12:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ging
Just listening to Smooth Radio out of the UK online and they're running an ad. about a case of 30 Carlsberg for 14 quid. What's that, 20 bucks?

Here, in the Sobey's Liquor flyer they're charging $38 for a 24-pack of that Kokanee gnat's pi$$.

Are we being majorly ripped, or what?
Just to add to that, it might be the right time to invest in alcohol now before prices go up further, especially for those who can't afford property
Old May 27th 2015, 3:41 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard

Craft is the way to go.
Hippie.
Old May 27th 2015, 4:31 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

I find the local breweries are better value for money. But getting over run by brewery tours.
Old May 28th 2015, 5:00 am
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Photoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond repute

Establishments were able to sell alcohol dirt cheap in Alberta (specials such as 25c draught beer, $1 shots etc) until the provincial government introduced minimum pricing per unit in 2008.

I believe their claim was to curb binge drinking.

Last edited by Photoplex; May 28th 2015 at 5:04 am.
Old May 28th 2015, 1:59 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Photoplex
Establishments were able to sell alcohol dirt cheap in Alberta (specials such as 25c draught beer, $1 shots etc) until the provincial government introduced minimum pricing per unit in 2008.

I believe their claim was to curb binge drinking.
I never knew that. And if I had, it wouldn't be a Scarberian flag fluttering in my profile.
Old May 28th 2015, 2:16 pm
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Photoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pizzawheel
I never knew that. And if I had, it wouldn't be a Scarberian flag fluttering in my profile.
Alas, it would have been "Formerly Proud Calgarian" as now you need to mortgage a kidney to get a 12oz sleeve of beer.
Old May 28th 2015, 3:22 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

I expect Toronto will try to amalgamate everything eventually. In the name of the Borg.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.