Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Richard Littlejohn - another reason to leave the UK

Richard Littlejohn - another reason to leave the UK

Old Mar 26th 2013, 4:48 pm
  #61  
Yo
 
Shard's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 24,474
Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Richard Littlejohn - another reason to leave the UK

Originally Posted by London-England-Lads
I am not asking for Mr Littlejohn to take his life, I am asking that he should never be able to write such damaging articles ever again.
Quote me the part of the article you find most repellant and damaging. I have read the article and it really is not that bad. Almost measured I would say. He seemed to have no malice towards transgender people, but simply questioned whether childhood innocence (on matters sexual) would be best served by Miss Meadows stayin in her current school or not.
Shard is offline  
Old Mar 26th 2013, 4:53 pm
  #62  
Seasoned Maritimer
 
Tangram's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick CA
Posts: 8,309
Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Richard Littlejohn - another reason to leave the UK

Originally Posted by London-England-Lads
disagree - the Mail has a responsibility as does it reporters, ignore it and people will still read it and believe it's lies. What needs to happen is that momentum needs to drive to boycott it like Liverpool did to The Sun, during the miner strike.
That wasn't because of the miner's strike.
Tangram is offline  
Old Mar 26th 2013, 4:56 pm
  #63  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 797
London-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Richard Littlejohn - another reason to leave the UK

Originally Posted by Shard
Quote me the part of the article you find most repellant and damaging. I have read the article and it really is not that bad. Almost measured I would say. He seemed to have no malice towards transgender people, but simply questioned whether childhood innocence (on matters sexual) would be best served by Miss Meadows stayin in her current school or not.
Like a previous poster said there is lots to confuse children, trans gender just on of them.

Also he has complete contempt - he question whether this person was fit enough to stay in their position.

Also, the school supported this person as did most of the parents. A small community knew about this situation, until Mr Littlejohn decided to tell every reader of the mail in the UK.
London-England-Lads is offline  
Old Mar 26th 2013, 4:57 pm
  #64  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 797
London-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Richard Littlejohn - another reason to leave the UK

Originally Posted by Tangram
That wasn't because of the miner's strike.
Nope you are right it was because of the vile lies they published because of Hillsbourough.

The Miner strike was another incident.

Thanks it was late.
London-England-Lads is offline  
Old Mar 26th 2013, 5:00 pm
  #65  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 34,030
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Richard Littlejohn - another reason to leave the UK

Originally Posted by London-England-Lads
Also, the school supported this person as did most of the parents. A small community knew about this situation, until Mr Littlejohn decided to tell every reader of the mail in the UK.
I'd read about it quite a while before the Daily Mail piece, it had been in several other papers too, it certainly wasn't contained to the community it had happened in.
christmasoompa is offline  
Old Mar 26th 2013, 5:03 pm
  #66  
Seasoned Maritimer
 
Tangram's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick CA
Posts: 8,309
Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Richard Littlejohn - another reason to leave the UK

Anyone have a link to the actual article, don't feel like I can comment until I have read it ?
Tangram is offline  
Old Mar 26th 2013, 5:04 pm
  #67  
.
 
Oink's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 20,185
Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Richard Littlejohn - another reason to leave the UK

Originally Posted by London-England-Lads
I will send you more information on it when I get home. Time Out started the campaign for the protest tonight, Stephen Fry's freedom of speech on Twitter added to it and now a number of major publications are campaigning for hime to get sacked.

He won't be sacked - but it shows that public opinions on what is and what is not acceptable as free speech is changing
Here we go. The reason we need a written constitution in the UK is precisely so ideas such as this aren't subject to witch-hunts based on the ever changing moods of the mob.
Oink is offline  
Old Mar 26th 2013, 5:06 pm
  #68  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 34,030
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Richard Littlejohn - another reason to leave the UK

Originally Posted by Tangram
Anyone have a link to the actual article, don't feel like I can comment until I have read it ?
Up above, on the second page of the thread I think. I've just read it out of interest.
christmasoompa is offline  
Old Mar 26th 2013, 5:10 pm
  #69  
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 14,227
Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Richard Littlejohn - another reason to leave the UK

Originally Posted by Shard
Does it say anywhere that the LJ article led to the death? Are you not jumping to conclusions? It's a very serious (moral) charge to say someone has blood on their hands.
Doesn't matter; if there is a 0.1% chance that it was littlejohns fault that this person killed himself then his articles should be banned. We just don't know, so it's best to be on the safe side isn't it⸮
Alan2005 is offline  
Old Mar 26th 2013, 5:12 pm
  #70  
Seasoned Maritimer
 
Tangram's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick CA
Posts: 8,309
Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Richard Littlejohn - another reason to leave the UK

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Up above, on the second page of the thread I think. I've just read it out of interest.
Many thanks.
Tangram is offline  
Old Mar 26th 2013, 5:44 pm
  #71  
Born again atheist
 
Novocastrian's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Europe (to be specified).
Posts: 30,259
Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Richard Littlejohn - another reason to leave the UK

Originally Posted by Oink
Here we go. The reason we need a written constitution in the UK is precisely so ideas such as this aren't subject to witch-hunts based on the ever changing moods of the mob.
While I see your point, a written constitution comes with a load of other baggage.

While I violently disagree with anything LGTB-phobic (if that's a valid expression), Mr. Littlejohn and his ilk can say whatever they like. They just make themselves look like the twats they are.
Novocastrian is offline  
Old Mar 26th 2013, 5:50 pm
  #72  
Assimilated Pauper
 
dbd33's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Ontario
Posts: 40,018
dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Richard Littlejohn - another reason to leave the UK

Originally Posted by London-England-Lads
Many and each of them brave loving caring people, the only thing that confuses them is why they can not be allowed to be who they were meant to be.

BTW - you do understand the difference between a Trans-gender person and a Tranny - as your use of terminology suggest otherwise.
Yes, I understand the difference. The man known locally as the Ugly Tranny views himself as being a woman awaiting realignment surgery to bring his body in line with his psyche. Now he's a tranny though motivated by more than tittilation, post Brazil s/he'll be transgendered. He's brave, otherwise he wouldn't go out dressed like that (and in such weather!) but I've no reason to think him loving or caring. Do you suggest that people who don't like their genitals are necessarily loving and caring? Would you say that the prototypical gender misaligned person, Margaret Thatcher, was loving and caring?
dbd33 is offline  
Old Mar 26th 2013, 6:14 pm
  #73  
Binned by Muderators
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: White Rock BC
Posts: 11,682
JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Richard Littlejohn - another reason to leave the UK

There is no such thing as some, or a bit of, free speach.
If you value your right to free speach you have to defend everyone else's right to free speech.
The Daily Mail must be wetting themselves with all the free publicity they have generated.
LittleJohn is proably going to get a nice fat bonus.

I still think that ignoring them would have been best.
JonboyE is offline  
Old Mar 26th 2013, 6:15 pm
  #74  
Part Time Poster
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Worcestershire
Posts: 4,219
MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Richard Littlejohn - another reason to leave the UK

Ahh this reeks of that old approach favoured by all dictatorships
Free speech for all , as long as you say what we want to hear

I believe this starts innocently enough, you know blocking out those people that make outlandish unpopular statements, and you just keep on ruling out those opinions you don’t like until your down to one..

MikeUK is offline  
Old Mar 26th 2013, 6:17 pm
  #75  
.
 
Oink's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 20,185
Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Richard Littlejohn - another reason to leave the UK

Originally Posted by JonboyE
There is no such thing as some, or a bit of, free speach.
If you value your right to free speach you have to defend everyone else's right to free speech.
The Daily Mail must be wetting themselves with all the free publicity they have generated.
LittleJohn is proably going to get a nice fat bonus.

I still think that ignoring them would have been best.

But self-righteous outrage is just so intoxicating.
Oink is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.