Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Richard Littlejohn - another reason to leave the UK

Richard Littlejohn - another reason to leave the UK

Old Mar 25th 2013, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

London-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Richard Littlejohn - another reason to leave the UK

Originally Posted by dbd33
I think we can celebrate having an actively free press without endorsing the views expressed. The British press is better than the Canadian press because it includes the Daily Mail and because there's a forum for Mr. Littlejohn to suggest that a person so confused that he wants his balls chopped off might not be a ideal mentor for young children.
How dare you state that this person was confused. How many transgender people do you know? Have you got any idea and how brave a person has to be to go through with living the life they were born to live. They are not confused, in fact the medical and psychological screening they have to go through even to be considered any treatment would be more than most people could take.

I wonder how you would feel if you were ridiculed for something that you have no control over.

In fact this teacher was well loved and was a great mentor for the children and was well respected in the community.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 1:45 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by London-England-Lads
There is a difference between "Free Speech" Sad that arsehole Littlejohn and the rest of the Daily Mail bigots can not celebrate diversity. This article was written for one reason only. Littlejohn and anyone that endorses such a piece should be fully ashamed and yes he does have a death on his hands !
Agreed, but I suspect the only reason was to cause outraged people to talk and post about the Daily Mail. Yes, they are odious and I doubt they care less about the people they persecute. However, as Alan2005 hinted up thread, the very best response is to ignore them.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 2:01 am
BE Enthusiast

London-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JonboyE
Agreed, but I suspect the only reason was to cause outraged people to talk and post about the Daily Mail. Yes, they are odious and I doubt they care less about the people they persecute. However, as Alan2005 hinted up thread, the very best response is to ignore them.
disagree - the Mail has a responsibility as does it reporters, ignore it and people will still read it and believe it's lies. What needs to happen is that momentum needs to drive to boycott it like Liverpool did to The Sun, during the miner strike.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 10:21 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Check your cis privilege.
What is cis privilege ? Have never come across the term before and don't understand the Wikipedia entry on it.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 11:33 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
What is cis privilege ? Have never come across the term before and don't understand the Wikipedia entry on it.
It seems to mean the privileges you get from just being the gender you were born as.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 1:06 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
It seems to mean the privileges you get from just being the gender you were born as.
Like knowing how to drive, read a map, cook steaks, that sort of thing?
Old Mar 26th 2013, 1:13 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Like knowing how to drive, read a map, cook steaks, that sort of thing?
I'm a man and I know how to iron - am I cisabled? Can I park in a handicapped bay? Am I entitled to a council house?
Old Mar 26th 2013, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
I'm a man and I know how to iron - am I cisabled? Can I park in a handicapped bay? Am I entitled to a council house?
Thank god I get you !

By the way this has really exploded on FB and twitter here in the UK, protests tonight.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 3:17 pm
Yo

Thank god I get you !

By the way this has really exploded on FB and twitter here in the UK, protests tonight.
Protest a journalistic opinion?? That's an over reaction. There's no law that has been changed, there's no actual discrimination that is taking place. It's just one fairly controversial journalist amplifying some views of some of the parents concerned in the case. It's sad that Miss Meadows has died, but there is no need for mob hysteria looking for a scapegoat.

Interestingly, the PCC has just upheld journalistic licence in an even more pointed case relating to Julie Burchill. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...dog-rules.html
Old Mar 26th 2013, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Protest a journalistic opinion?? That's an over reaction. There's no law that has been changed, there's no actual discrimination that is taking place. It's just one fairly controversial journalist amplifying some views of some of the parents concerned in the case. It's sad that Miss Meadows has died, but there is no need for mob hysteria looking for a scapegoat.

Interestingly, the PCC has just upheld journalistic licence in an even more pointed case relating to Julie Burchill. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...dog-rules.html
What the hell, did Littlejohn, think about using Miss Meadows when he used her as an escape goat for his Trans phobia - so are you saying it seems OK to be trans phobic in the press, like it was OK to be racist and homophobic and even misogynistic in the past until little steps were taken that raised the general awareness of the society at large - language is important, as is compassion - people in general should try and be more supportive of the unknown instead of lashing out due to ignorance and fear - a writer like this is writing from a place of ignorance and fear and bigotry- its time to move forward and respect all people. Anyone who protects poison penmanship like this and say its free speech should be in my opinion fully ashamed.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 3:34 pm
Yo

What the hell did Littlejohn, think about using Miss Meadows when he used her as an escape goat for his Trans phobia - so are you saying it seems OK to be trans phobic in the press, like it was OK to be racist and homophobic and even misogynistic in the past until little steps were taken that raised the general awareness of the society at large - language is important, as is compassion - people in general should try and be more supportive of the unknown instead of lashing out due to ignorance and fear - a writer like this is writing from a place of ignorance and fear and bigotry- its time to move forward and respect all people. Anyone who protects poison penmanship like this and say its free speech should be in my opinion fully ashamed.
I didn't think he was being transphobic as you put it. But even if he was, so what, it's his opinion, you can call him all the names you want, you can even choose not to read his articles anymore.

What's happening here is an attempt by LBGT at intimidation of the press and journalists. It's not right. If you felt that strongly about Miss Meadows you should be holding some vigils in her memory, try to educate through positivity, not trying to get a journalist sacked.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

luvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to behold

What the hell, did Littlejohn, think about using Miss Meadows when he used her as an escape goat for his Trans phobia - so are you saying it seems OK to be trans phobic in the press, like it was OK to be racist and homophobic and even misogynistic in the past until little steps were taken that raised the general awareness of the society at large - language is important, as is compassion - people in general should try and be more supportive of the unknown instead of lashing out due to ignorance and fear - a writer like this is writing from a place of ignorance and fear and bigotry- its time to move forward and respect all people. Anyone who protects poison penmanship like this and say its free speech should be in my opinion fully ashamed.
+1
Old Mar 26th 2013, 3:38 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I disagree, this attitude is far more dangerous than the so-called objectionable opinions espoused. Apart from some specific threats, I think absolute free speech is the cornerstone of a democratic society. Any infringement on free speech is an attack on liberty, its one the few things our American cousins have got right.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Oink
I disagree, this attitude is far more dangerous than the so-called objectionable opinions espoused. Apart from some specific threats, I think absolute free speech is the cornerstone of a democratic society. Any infringement on free speech is an attack on liberty, its one the few things our American cousins have got right.
Not when it fuels hatred or murder. Where do you draw a line! I wonder how outside the box your lifestyle and opinions are and if you had experience struggle and prejudice to be who you are (including violence) would free speech be such a wonder !
Old Mar 26th 2013, 3:48 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Not when it fuels hatred or murder. Where do you draw a line! I wonder how outside the box your lifestyle and opinions are and if you had experience struggle and prejudice to be who you are (including violence) would free speech be such a wonder !
Where do we draw the line? Specific instances, like shouting "fire" in a crowded theatre. But speech shouldn't fuel anything but debate. I don't care a jot, if someone is espousing racist, homophobic or sexist or any other type of opinion or idea. Just because you don't agree with it, it doesn't mean we should censor it. Its a very slippery and frightening slope if you do.

Last edited by Oink; Mar 26th 2013 at 3:51 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.