Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Renewing a Canadian passport ............

Renewing a Canadian passport ............

Old Nov 1st 2021, 3:11 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewing a Canadian passport ............

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
The passport office in Gatineau is in a large Federal building called Place de Portage and there are I think 4 phases/wings to it. Incredible place to see your hard earned tax money at work
My husband's grandnephew lives in Gatineau. We've been there several times and it is not a bad place outside of the city limits.
Old Nov 4th 2021, 11:33 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Did my daughters first one in July. Sent same time as UK one and the UK one still came back sooner then the Canadian.

Took about 4 weeks for the Canadian to come through and they was after making an enquiry online to see where it was
Old Nov 5th 2021, 1:44 am
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scilly
Now, Siouxie, we all know that their quoted times do not always pan out in real life!!

That's why I was asking if anyone had recent experience.

For example, the site for Passport Offices reads appointments made online (NOT by phone), with walk-ins allowed "maybe", if there was space. Not exactly encouraging that one can go to the nearest Office and actually walk-in, as used to be the case.
You can make an appointment by filling in a form. We went to the Service Canada office in Sinclair Centre. Sent off the form looking for an appointment on October 7th, got appointment for October 21st, passports in hand November 1st.

The walk-in line looked very long when we were there and I think you would need to be willing to spend the day there if doing walk-in.
Old Nov 5th 2021, 3:34 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bc2015
You can make an appointment by filling in a form. We went to the Service Canada office in Sinclair Centre. Sent off the form looking for an appointment on October 7th, got appointment for October 21st, passports in hand November 1st.

The walk-in line looked very long when we were there and I think you would need to be willing to spend the day there if doing walk-in.

Thank you, that timing is helpful.

If you want a faster Service Centre for future reference, try the one in Richmond. That's where we (or OH alone) have taken our passport renewals for the last 3 or 4 times. Smaller but much quieter! He'll probably go there this time as well.

I have to get my act together to get passport photos, and persuade friends to let me give their names as references

I've also decided that it might be a good idea to get the BC Services card with a photo, as a second photo ID. I was exempt for having to change back when, so I didn't bother!

I do now have the Canada Proof of Vaccination as well as the BC one.

All these bits and pieces one has to have these days!
Old Nov 12th 2021, 1:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
As a dual national, he is required to enter Canada using a Canadian Passport if flying in - so he may want to reconsider if he is considering coming to Canada by air.
Not true for dual nationals with a US passport.

American-Canadians

You don’t need a Canadian passport, a Canadian visa or an eTA to fly to Canada if you are travelling with a valid U.S. passport. American citizens, including American-Canadian citizens, must carry proper identification and meet the basic requirements to enter Canada.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpce...um=1167&top=16