Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Remember UK Kids TV programmes?

Remember UK Kids TV programmes?

Old May 24th 2007, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Arris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Remember UK Kids TV programmes?

Originally Posted by Bleech
The dubbing on that was terrible. Everyone at school could do an 'Adelhide' impression
Jester was Timothy Claypole from Rent-a-ghost.
Blue Peter garden getting vandalised and you must remember this bloke?

http://www.togsblog.co.uk/images/joey.jpg
Who's 'this bloke' Bleech - nothing showing
Old May 24th 2007, 9:02 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Not quite kids telly but we all used to love watching the Saturday afternoon wrestling (1970s) with Dickie Davies.

Big Daddy
Giant Haystacks
Mick McManus
Dr Death
Kendo Nagasaki
Kami Kazi
Pat Roach (later starred in 'Auf Weidersehen Pet'
Jim Brakes

Best of all was the grannies sitting at the ringside hitting the 'baddie' wrestlers with their handbags
Old May 24th 2007, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to all

also had "Fit Finlay"....irish boy with shamrocks on his costume and a dodgy tache.
bit of a bad guy as far as i remember
Old May 25th 2007, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Yes-can-do
Not quite kids telly but we all used to love watching the Saturday afternoon wrestling (1970s) with Dickie Davies.

Big Daddy
Giant Haystacks
Mick McManus
Dr Death
Kendo Nagasaki
Kami Kazi
Pat Roach (later starred in 'Auf Weidersehen Pet'
Jim Brakes

Best of all was the grannies sitting at the ringside hitting the 'baddie' wrestlers with their handbags
Ah, memories.

My Dad took me to the Eastbourne Winter Gardens one afternoon to watch Jackie Pallo and Mick McManus. The old ladies were far more entertaining though!

What about Les Kellet and Masambula?

Simon
Old May 25th 2007, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

Batfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really nice

Anyone remember Mr Majestic....?

.....and of course...Batfink!
Old May 25th 2007, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to all

mr majieka i think it was with stanley baxter
Old May 25th 2007, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Batfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really nice

Oh yes - silly me! Did he have blue hair and live in a lighthouse....?
Old May 25th 2007, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Does anyone remember the programme Twizzle? No one I have ever asked has heard of it and I am wondering if I was overdosing on Haliborange. He was this sticky-looking boy with striped socks and his legs would suddenly stretch so he was really tall. Anyone???????
Old May 25th 2007, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Robski! That's the one... 1983, I was 8.

Old May 25th 2007, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Anyone remember Shari Lewis and "Lambchop"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QZc6GpU2dU

Simon
Old May 25th 2007, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Arris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simon876
Anyone remember Shari Lewis and "Lambchop"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QZc6GpU2dU

Simon
Yeah, I remember 'Lambchop'

Pinky & Perky were great too - had an album of there's
Attached Thumbnails Remember UK Kids TV programmes?-pinky-perky.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old May 25th 2007, 2:12 pm
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

rent a ghost my brother loved that program but he never was normal
Old May 25th 2007, 6:42 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kate white
rent a ghost my brother loved that program but he never was normal
Chorlton and the Wheelies, anyone?
The Magic Roundabout
Paddington
I also really loved Bagpuss - was amazed to discover recently that only 13 episodes were ever made, yet in my mind it seems to have run for years.
OH bought the DVD of the original Mr Men series for our son, which I don't remember seeing as a child, but wish I had - Arthur Lowe has the perfect voice for narrating these stories
Old May 25th 2007, 6:50 pm
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone remember Richie Ritch cartoons.or I am the only Auld bugger here
Old May 25th 2007, 6:54 pm
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Arris
Who's 'this bloke' Bleech - nothing showing
It didn't work
It was supposed to be a picture of Joey Deacon. Any child of the 80s should know who he is!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.