Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The Refugees you don't hear about.

The Refugees you don't hear about.

Old Dec 14th 2018, 9:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Refugees you don't hear about.

Did anyone else see this article on the CBC website yesterday?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...ning-1.4943292

As we get towards the end of what might be another record breaking year of persons walking across the border in between ports of entry and making refugee claims the above story illustrates that some of these people are not like the ones the Government like to put in the spotlight of becoming a success. Now dont get me wrong there are not thousands of them like this particular gentleman BUT we have had several hundred of them in the last 3 years when the walking across borders became more prevelant and reported on.
I admit I have differing opinions to others on this subject but I deal on a regular basis with clients like Mr Farah which may somewhat give you an idea on what you dont see, deal with or hear about.
Old Dec 14th 2018, 10:00 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Refugees you don't hear about.

In your opinion, is the proportion of criminals within refugees markedly greater or less than the proportion of criminals within the general population?
Old Dec 14th 2018, 10:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
In your opinion, is the proportion of criminals within refugees markedly greater or less than the proportion of criminals within the general population?
I would say somewhat less however the caveat is why do we need to import criminals when we have enough of our own home grown ones? I know the media indicates we have a shortage of skilled workers but criminals?
Old Dec 14th 2018, 11:25 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
I would say somewhat less however the caveat is why do we need to import criminals when we have enough of our own home grown ones? I know the media indicates we have a shortage of skilled workers but criminals?
I don't suppose you deliberately import them? Mistakes happen. No need to whip up the old "immigrants=criminals" fire, you are intelligent enough to be aware that there are plenty people just waiting to seize on examples like this as being representative of all immigrants.
Old Dec 14th 2018, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

I appreciate that sometimes facts can be unpalatable to some, however the op is simply pointing out something that many either suspected or were aware of. Those that were not, are now.....Given the state of affairs at our border just now, I would respectfully suggest it's inevitable.
Old Dec 14th 2018, 2:27 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
On the other hand if the proportion of criminals among refugees is smaller than that among the general population, then bringing loads of refugees into the country will reduce the proportion of criminals among the new population compared to the old population.
Old Dec 14th 2018, 4:06 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

In this case the judge is the ass not the system, so green that they didn’t even wait a short while for the US police report

Its the judge that should be reprimanded just as much as the lying ass wipe criminal