Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

To recline or not to recline

To recline or not to recline

Old Aug 7th 2018, 12:33 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To recline or not to recline

I used to fly to the UK from Hong Kong via Bahrain (and reverse) - before there were such things as non-stop flights back in the day, a 15+ hour flight in economy - with a short 1 hour stopover to quickly stretch the legs presuming we could actually get off the plane without too much trouble (I remember once taking it in turns to stand in the doorway to get some 'fresh' air when everyone was stuck on the plane and passengers doing the 'circuit' up and down the isles, through the galley and looping back past the washrooms).. and yes, we would recline on the 'sleeping' section of it. I semi-recline if it's a long flight and overnight, always conscious of those behind me - and never during meal / drinks service.

My big bugbear is people putting their feet up onto my armrest - or the seat being repeatedly kicked or pushed.. or people using the headrest to lean on when they get up!

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 7th 2018 at 12:37 am.
Old Aug 7th 2018, 1:03 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mjanovitz
So you basically just replied to that to be condescending?

It was just an irreverent post, this is the Maple Leaf right? Don't take things so seriously.
It's plasticcanuck, that's what he does. Pay no attention.
Old Aug 7th 2018, 1:29 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Anyhow, on the flight back, the two guys sat in front of my wife and I reclined their seats, and they seemed to be the only ones around us doing so.
If your wife did not like it, why did you recline their seats?
Old Aug 7th 2018, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

mjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
If your wife did not like it, why did you recline their seats?
Lol, amusing! Yes perhaps the comma would have been better placed a few words West.
Old Aug 7th 2018, 7:20 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

I recline when I want to sleep and everyone on board should be well aware that this will happen. I will not forfeit this position just to be polite to the person who is sitting behind me. The next day it will be forgotten about.
Old Aug 7th 2018, 7:33 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
I recline when I want to sleep and everyone on board should be well aware that this will happen. I will not forfeit this position just to be polite to the person who is sitting behind me. The next day it will be forgotten about.
I never used to get a reclining seat.
Old Aug 7th 2018, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

mjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't know you could get none reclining seats. I should just clarify that I am talking about economy here, its hardly even appropriate to call it a recline really. Incidentally it was a day time flight, they weren't sleeping, were watching a movie and didn't put upright when flight director announced to as food was being served until asked to a second time. Didn't help that the guy sat next to my wife kept farting every time he got up. I am sure that's okay though, I don't remember seeing a no farting sign so he was well within his rights.

Suffice it to say I need to keep putting on those lottery tickets so I can up my travelling arrangements.
Old Aug 7th 2018, 9:27 pm

I didn't know you could get none reclining seats. I should just clarify that I am talking about economy here, its hardly even appropriate to call it a recline really. Incidentally it was a day time flight, they weren't sleeping, were watching a movie and didn't put upright when flight director announced to as food was being served until asked to a second time. Didn't help that the guy sat next to my wife kept farting every time he got up. I am sure that's okay though, I don't remember seeing a no farting sign so he was well within his rights.

Suffice it to say I need to keep putting on those lottery tickets so I can up my travelling arrangements.
Had a good view, but it was a bugger for taking a snooze.
Old Aug 8th 2018, 12:00 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Had a good view, but it was a bugger for taking a snooze.
Isn't the pilot's snooze what autopilot is for?
Old Aug 8th 2018, 12:01 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I think the hint about the seat might be in his name ...

Old Aug 8th 2018, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Isn't the pilot's snooze what autopilot is for?
It was always good to let George take a turn, but there are a few restrictions on that for taking a nap!
Old Aug 8th 2018, 12:31 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen those seats at the pointy end though. Sheepskin seat covers, 5 point harnesses, lots of knobs to twiddle and buttons to press if you get bored.....
Old Aug 8th 2018, 12:39 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
I've seen those seats at the pointy end though. Sheepskin seat covers, 5 point harnesses, lots of knobs to twiddle and buttons to press if you get bored.....
And who wouldn't want to push buttons and twiddle knobs while strapped into a 5 point harness?
Old Aug 8th 2018, 1:35 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
And the furry dice
Old Aug 8th 2018, 8:08 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I think the hint about the seat might be in his name ...

Ahhh...that's what he was on about.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.