British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Recipe for Christmas cake (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/recipe-christmas-cake-777747/)

Miss Clinique Nov 15th 2012 2:09 pm

Recipe for Christmas cake

Once again this year, I’ve had requests for my Vodka Christmas Cake recipe so here goes. Please keep in your files as I am beginning to get tired of typing this up every year! (Made mine this morning!!!!) 1 cup sugar, half pound butter, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1 cup water, 1 tsp. salt , 1 cup brown sugar, Lemon juice, 4 large eggs, Nuts, 1......bottle Vodka, 2 cups dried fruit 4 cups self raising flour.
Sample a cup of Vodka to check quality. Take a large bowl, check the Vodka again to be sure it is of the highest quality then Repeat. Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar. Beat again. At this point, it is best to make sure the Vodka is still OK. Try another cup just in case. Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break 2 eegs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit. Pick the fruit up off the floor, wash it and put it in the bowl a piece at a time trying to count it. Mix on the turner. If the fried druit getas stuck in the beaterers, just pry it loose with a drewscriver Sample the Vodka to test for tonsisticity. Next, sift 2 cups of salt, or something. Check the Vodka. Now shit shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink. Whatever you can find. Greash the oven. Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over. Don't forget to beat off the turner. Finally, throw the bowl through the fekin window. Finish of the Vodka and wipe the counter with the fekin cat. ♥#

Enjoy!

magnumpi Nov 15th 2012 2:39 pm

Re: Recipe for Christmas cake

For anyone who maybe offended by this thread, she means Holiday Cake.;)

luvmeboys Nov 15th 2012 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique (Post 10384214)
Once again this year, I’ve had requests for my Vodka Christmas Cake recipe so here goes. Please keep in your files as I am beginning to get tired of typing this up every year! (Made mine this morning!!!!) 1 cup sugar, half pound butter, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1 cup water, 1 tsp. salt , 1 cup brown sugar, Lemon juice, 4 large eggs, Nuts, 1......bottle Vodka, 2 cups dried fruit 4 cups self raising flour.
Sample a cup of Vodka to check quality. Take a large bowl, check the Vodka again to be sure it is of the highest quality then Repeat. Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar. Beat again. At this point, it is best to make sure the Vodka is still OK. Try another cup just in case. Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break 2 eegs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit. Pick the fruit up off the floor, wash it and put it in the bowl a piece at a time trying to count it. Mix on the turner. If the fried druit getas stuck in the beaterers, just pry it loose with a drewscriver Sample the Vodka to test for tonsisticity. Next, sift 2 cups of salt, or something. Check the Vodka. Now shit shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink. Whatever you can find. Greash the oven. Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over. Don't forget to beat off the turner. Finally, throw the bowl through the fekin window. Finish of the Vodka and wipe the counter with the fekin cat. ♥#

Enjoy!

:thumbsup: ****** Brill :thumbsup:

Piff Poff Nov 15th 2012 3:39 pm

Fabulous, I just needed a smile - can I share it on my Facebook page?

Miss Clinique Nov 15th 2012 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by Piff Poff (Post 10384362)
Fabulous, I just needed a smile - can I share it on my Facebook page?

Feel free, thats where I got it from.

The Lees Nov 15th 2012 5:11 pm

That's hilarious :rofl:

mandymoochops Nov 15th 2012 6:05 pm

hahahaha that did make me giggle - thanks! :thumbsup:

Novocastrian Nov 15th 2012 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by mandymoochops (Post 10384630)
hahahaha that did make me giggle - thanks! :thumbsup:

Me too, the first time I read it on usenet, years before the internet was invented.

mandymoochops Nov 16th 2012 12:02 am

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 10385017)
Me too, the first time I read it on usenet, years before the internet was invented.

But thats because you're way older and have been around a lot more than me ............... ;)

KJCMedora2011 Nov 16th 2012 12:42 am

Brilliant! :rofl: Had a good laugh after what seemed like an extra long day at work.
Thanks!:)

ultrarunner Nov 16th 2012 1:01 am

Disclaimer.....cakes not mine

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_l5dHEF6-ko...mas_eve_sm.jpg

http://www.bbcgoodfoodme.com/bbcgf/i...134_MEDIUM.jpg

Miss Clinique Nov 16th 2012 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by ultrarunner (Post 10385163)

Nice cakes. Do they have vodka in them? ;)

ultrarunner Nov 16th 2012 10:31 pm

How is your sense of smell?

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique (Post 10386393)
Nice cakes. Do they have vodka in them? ;)

HGerchikov Nov 16th 2012 11:06 pm

I think I will have a go at this recipe tomorrow..

Coffeepot Nov 17th 2012 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique (Post 10384214)

Enjoy!

So funny :thumbsup: not sure I made mine like this but maybe next time :rofl: