Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Reasons we moved / are moving out of Canada

Reasons we moved / are moving out of Canada

Old Jun 22nd 2018, 2:16 am
BE Enthusiast

woodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reasons we moved / are moving out of Canada

I remember reading the OP's threads 10 years ago and how he was whining about the UK, and now it's Canada. Some people just always find something bad anywhere... Waiting with popcorn in hands to hear about your Cornwall move ….
Old Jun 22nd 2018, 9:07 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodworm
I remember reading the OP's threads 10 years ago and how he was whining about the UK, and now it's Canada. Some people just always find something bad anywhere... Waiting with popcorn in hands to hear about your Cornwall move ….
You have a good memory. What I've noticed on this forum is that there's a type of "expat" that when they want to move, instead of making a straight forward rational decision, have to invoke the "current country is going to the dogs" mindset. It's always the 'politicians' the 'crime rate' the 'taxes' and other very vague media-driven gripes that make living in the country unbearable. In Cornwall it will be, "lovely costal countryside, more affordable, but damn those Londoner coming and buying second homes, and the kids can't find any work, dried up EU funding is starving the country of investment, and aren't the Cornish a bit odd."
Old Jun 22nd 2018, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

"The grass is greener .... " syndrome maybe?