Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

A really quick favour please!

A really quick favour please!

Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

treble99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A really quick favour please!

Hi all, first a little background. I come from Manchester, England and have been with my girlfriend who is Canadian citizen since 2005. In 2007 I applied for Permanent Residency and got an AOR of NOV 2007. Like many others from the same time period I have been thrown on the scrapheap by CIC without any communication. We have been flying to and fro only seeing each other 3 times a year since 2004.
My girlfriend recently entered a competition with BMW Canada to win the Ultimate Adventure which is $20,000 to carry out the trip of your dreams. She got through to the final 5 and along with the other finalists submitted her 1 minute long video saying what she would do with the money. If she wins we will get married on a ferry in BC and then go and explore the province, whale watching, drive into the mountains, go on a zip line etc as the honeymoon thus ending our long wait apart as we can then apply by spousal sponsorship to get me a visa and then start our lives together properly. I would much appreciate if you could take 20 seconds out of your life to vote for her through facebook.
All you have to do is click this link

http://apps.facebook.com/bmwcanadacontest/video1.aspx

and then click 'like' under the video for KARYN. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this and thank you even more if you vote.

It also should be known that she made everything in the video and filmed and edited herself in only 10 days alongside working 15 hour days 6 days a week, so this competiton is not won easily, she has worked really hard to get this far.

Last edited by treble99; Jun 20th 2011 at 8:01 pm.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:50 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A really quick favour please!

Why does she have to win a competition before you get married?
Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:52 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

There's no free lunch.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

She doesn't HAVE to win in order for us to get married but it would sure make it easier. And you need all the luck you can get in this world.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:56 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
There's no free lunch.
Popular misconception. I often find left over Pizza lying around in the office for example

Old Jun 20th 2011, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

dannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by treble99
Hi all, first a little background. I come from Manchester, England and have been with my girlfriend who is Canadian citizen since 2005. In 2007 I applied for Permanent Residency and got an AOR of NOV 2007. Like many others from the same time period I have been thrown on the scrapheap by CIC without any communication. We have been flying to and fro only seeing each other 3 times a year since 2004.
My girlfriend recently entered a competition with BMW Canada to win the Ultimate Adventure which is $20,000 to carry out the trip of your dreams. She got through to the final 5 and along with the other finalists submitted her 1 minute long video saying what she would do with the money. If she wins we will get married on a ferry in BC and then go and explore the province, whale watching, drive into the mountains, go on a zip line etc as the honeymoon thus ending our long wait apart as we can then apply by spousal sponsorship to get me a visa and then start our lives together properly. I would much appreciate if you could take 20 seconds out of your life to vote for her through facebook.
All you have to do is click this link

http://apps.facebook.com/bmwcanadacontest/video1.aspx

and then click 'like' under the video for KARYN. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this and thank you even more if you vote.

It also should be known that she made everything in the video and filmed and edited herself in only 10 days alongside working 15 hour days 6 days a week, so this competiton is not won easily, she has worked really hard to get this far.
I will vote for you mate... good luck!
Old Jun 20th 2011, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

dannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to all

even if you are a united fan
Old Jun 20th 2011, 9:51 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

three times a year...now thats what i call commitment
Old Jun 20th 2011, 9:53 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmmmm..... no thanks.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 10:16 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry but I used up more than 20 seconds reading your post. Pity I won't have time to vote.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
three times a year...now thats what i call commitment
No need for the cynicism, both being self employed we see each other as much as is possible, if we could be back and forth 10 times a year we would.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dannyg1001
I will vote for you mate... good luck!
Thanks for the vote!
Old Jun 21st 2011, 5:00 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

done - twice - made son like it too !
Old Jun 21st 2011, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Walsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant future

Done!
Old Jun 21st 2011, 8:09 am
Just Joined

Geordie86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Done - twice mate.

But I agree with Danny....You might get more votes if you weren't a United fan!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.