Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

real estate prices in Canada sustainable?

real estate prices in Canada sustainable?

Old Nov 22nd 2021, 1:15 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: real estate prices in Canada sustainable?

Originally Posted by Mordko
^ la-la land. One would almost think that reading isn’t something you do as housing was the key issue during last elections. Carry on.
I'll have you know that I'm a heavy reader of current affairs publications; I routinely read the Guardian, BBC, NYT, Washington Post, Atlantic and the New Yorker. Sometimes, for a change, I look at the Torygraph and the Economist.
Old Nov 22nd 2021, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I'll have you know that I'm a heavy reader of current affairs publications; I routinely read the Guardian, BBC, NYT, Washington Post, Atlantic and the New Yorker. Sometimes, for a change, I look at the Torygraph and the Economist.
So, quite literally nothing dealing with the Canadian politics or economy. This one time I believe you.
Old Nov 22nd 2021, 3:24 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

So, quite literally nothing dealing with the Canadian politics or economy. This one time I believe you.
The Guardian has news about Canada, it carried the election result and there's been mention of the rain in BC. That's enough detail, I think, very little has happened in Canada since I've been here.
Old Nov 22nd 2021, 3:32 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

The Guardian has news about Canada, it carried the election result and there's been mention of the rain in BC. That's enough detail, I think, very little has happened in Canada since I've been here.
Surely the rise and rise of Senhor Hortons has been something of note on your watch ?
Old Nov 22nd 2021, 3:40 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Shard
Surely the rise and rise of Senhor Hortons has been something of note on your watch ?
The Chinese, formerly British, coffee vendor with the strategy of polluting Canada? Named for an ice hockey player who wasn't much good at driving while drunk? I'm aware of it. I shun people who are customers of it. I don't know that it's changed though, isn't as scuzzy as it ever was?
Old Nov 22nd 2021, 3:48 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Hey, look, news from Canada: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...peline-protest
Old Nov 22nd 2021, 6:00 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody tree huggers.
The Police are too soft these days as far as I'm concerned, kick these spongers out and let people lay the pipe.
Old Nov 22nd 2021, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
Bloody tree huggers.
The Police are too soft these days as far as I'm concerned, kick these spongers out and let people lay the pipe.
Gross. These are indigenous people on land that doesn't have any formal treaty, and the supreme court even upheld a decision that they have the right to govern their own land due to this. Yes the elected band councils agreed to it, but the band council system was imposed on the indigenous people by the indian act and isn't really connected to how they traditionally governed themselves. Also the issue is related to the pipeline going through a water source and they don't want it contaminated, and they just want the pipeline to go around. The government is trying to act with impunity and as a pseudo-military force against the indigenous people in the area.
Old Nov 22nd 2021, 6:16 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

That’s true but what are some people here whining about? They are getting exactly what they want and voted for.
No, the people who voted for the liberal party are getting what they voted for, everyone else is certainly not getting what they voted for.

Old Nov 22nd 2021, 6:36 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
Gross. These are indigenous people on land that doesn't have any formal treaty, and the supreme court even upheld a decision that they have the right to govern their own land due to this. Yes the elected band councils agreed to it, but the band council system was imposed on the indigenous people by the indian act and isn't really connected to how they traditionally governed themselves. Also the issue is related to the pipeline going through a water source and they don't want it contaminated, and they just want the pipeline to go around. The government is trying to act with impunity and as a pseudo-military force against the indigenous people in the area.
I totally feel for the 250 Wetʼsuwetʼen people who will be impacted by this, but this 400 mile and $4.7b pipeline will run through this land by whatever means necessary. Sad but true.
Old Nov 22nd 2021, 6:41 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Here were the top election issues. Housing was 6th:

https://nationalpost.com/news/politi...their-top-four
Old Nov 22nd 2021, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
No, the people who voted for the liberal party are getting what they voted for, everyone else is certainly not getting what they voted for.
NDP propped up Trudeau before the latest election and will do so thereafter. Anyone who voted NDP is kidding himself claiming to not support this government. They will have some effect; like get bigger handouts, more money printing and inflation so the vote wasn’t completely wasted.
Old Nov 22nd 2021, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JamesM
Here were the top election issues. Housing was 6th:

https://nationalpost.com/news/politi...their-top-four
Also, a strong contributor to issue number 1.
Old Nov 22nd 2021, 9:42 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
I totally feel for the 250 Wetʼsuwetʼen people who will be impacted by this, but this 400 mile and $4.7b pipeline will run through this land by whatever means necessary. Sad but true.
Has there been any costing on re-routing the pipeline to avoid the FN land ? And would splitting that difference with the band change any minds, I wonder?
Old Nov 22nd 2021, 9:50 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Also, a strong contributor to issue number 1.
How does anyone struggle through these local newspapers?

"This ranking of issues provides the roadmap to what Canadians will pay attention to and — for the higher ranked issues — what will influence how ballots are cast on election day. With this targeted knowledge, we considered how we would advise the national parties over the days and weeks to come."

is just such clumsy and ungrammatical prose that the focus shifts from the message, if any, to wondering if the author could pass the IELTS test. This is the compelling reason to glean one's news of Canada from sources outside Canada.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.