British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Re: WISE Club in Vancouver (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/re-wise-club-vancouver-861331/)

caretaker Jul 6th 2015 6:57 pm

Re: WISE Club in Vancouver

I'm leaving for Vancouver on Wednesday morning and I'm bringing my darts. I'm harping on WISE just because it looks like an easy stagger from my friend's place on 25 blk Napier - if anyone has any better ideas please don't be shy, anywhere cheap and close would do. Look up the old (now closed) WISE Club thread from 2013; I was walking around East Van with a torn shoulder and couldn't find a game, accused you all of cowardice.... to tell the truth I've only played a few games since having it repaired last year... 4 Bells, Oink, anyone else, are you into a little social while I'm out?

Oink Jul 6th 2015 8:30 pm

I could be persuaded to dust off my arrows.

The4BellsLondon Jul 6th 2015 10:31 pm

It's rolling distance to me ... I could come .

Date?

caretaker Jul 7th 2015 12:27 am

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon (Post 11693250)
It's rolling distance to me ... I could come .

Date?

Oh yeah, baby!
(only kidding) Actually I just checked with my friends and Thursday is Yoga and Beer Night anyway so how does Thursday sound?
I've taken my darts out of the van and put them in my suitcase.

Oink Jul 7th 2015 12:41 am

Originally Posted by caretaker (Post 11693316)
Oh yeah, baby!
(only kidding) Actually I just checked with my friends and Thursday is Yoga and Beer Night anyway so how does Thursday sound?
I've taken my darts out of the van and put them in my suitcase.

What's yoga and beer night? I could make Thursday.

caretaker Jul 7th 2015 12:48 am

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 11693325)
What's yoga and beer night? I could make Thursday.

Good man!

The4BellsLondon Jul 7th 2015 4:48 am

This Thurs ? I teach til 6.30 but then cycle past WISE..,, could be there for 7.30!

caretaker Jul 7th 2015 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon (Post 11693405)
This Thurs ? I teach til 6.30 but then cycle past WISE..,, could be there for 7.30!

Sounds about right, at a glance the only thing I see wrong with the place is that it isn't condusive to morning or afternoon drinking (7 pm opening, right?) but proximity to the Drive takes care of that. Hopefully I can train myself to stay awake past sunset while on holiday!:lol:

Mikeypm Jul 8th 2015 6:42 pm

Count me in as a maybe

Oink Jul 9th 2015 8:27 pm

Won't be able to make it tonight, put my back out doing judo yesterday. :(

caretaker Jul 9th 2015 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 11695791)
Won't be able to make it tonight, put my back out doing judo yesterday. :(

What do we do then? Postpone? Set it back 1, 2, or 3 days? Aside from a late lunch engagement on Saturday I have no real plans. Saturday I meet my niece's fiancee she's brought back from London for inspection. Maybe they'd enjoy going to the WISE? (They arrive tomorrow). Having walked to Latin Supermarket and back this morning I'd probably be content to stay where I am and drink cider if my friend gave me a ride to the LB for another jug. The fewer hikes I do the less dope I have to take.

Oink Jul 9th 2015 9:53 pm

Not sure what to say as I'm not sure how long this will take to heal enough to move about. Atm I'm lying on a bag of frozen peas on the sofa trying to find something to watch on crappy daytime tv. :thumbdown:

The4BellsLondon Jul 9th 2015 10:16 pm

I'm easy .. Mikey and kiwi can't do tonight . Maybe do a new thread suggesting tomorrow / sat and see what response we get.

How long are you here for?

My cousin arrives sun til wed am .. She def won't like the Wise !

Another joint caretaker ? ;)

Mikeypm Jul 9th 2015 11:51 pm

Yup as bells said have a last minute thing tonight. Even though after the work day I've had a few beers would have helped. Weekend would be more promising

caretaker Jul 10th 2015 12:05 am

Tomorrow or Saturday then, because I have to be on the bus really early on Monday. I'll take your advice about the joint, 4Bells but then we have to think about the venue.