Wikiposts

the RCMP and women.

Old May 25th 2012, 4:58 am
Banned

Boy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the RCMP and women.

Originally Posted by el_richo
I hear he's enjoying life in White Rock now

Edit: I wrote that before i read the last post so just wanted to point out...........i'm kidding :-)

Old May 25th 2012, 5:05 am
Banned

Boy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't been following the noted case and can't really comment. I do know the new commish Paulson has set up a task force to deal with the complaints and has made it known he is taking the complaints seriously.

Granted where there is smoke there is fire, but 140 allegations does not mean they are yet founded. If there are criminal offenses that are uncovered and there is enough evidence to lay charges, they will happen.

Harassment can also mean many things from something like a rude joke to something more serious and criminal.

There are 35000 employees in the RCMP so some perspective is needed. I have never seen any serious harassment of any type personally, but have heard of incidents, most are more idiotic than criminal.
Old May 25th 2012, 5:09 am
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boy d
I haven't been following the noted case and can't really comment. I do know the new commish Paulson has set up a task force to deal with the complaints and has made it known he is taking the complaints seriously.

Granted where there is smoke there is fire, but 140 allegations does not mean they are yet founded. If there are criminal offenses that are uncovered and there is enough evidence to lay charges, they will happen.

Harassment can also mean many things from something like a rude joke to something more serious and criminal.

There are 35000 employees in the RCMP so some perspective is needed. I have never seen any serious harassment of any type personally, but have heard of incidents, most are more idiotic than criminal.
But seriously dboy - do you think an officer planning to make a pass at a female officer would do it in front of everyone? etc?

Last edited by ExKiwilass; May 25th 2012 at 5:09 am. Reason: can't spell
Old May 25th 2012, 5:11 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
I like that it's finally being talked about. I think for a long time workplace bullying has been tolerated when it shouldn't be.
Maybe it's because i rarely read the papers or watch the news anymore but i've always felt Canada either glosses over these issues more than the UK, or even just ignores it in the media.

I recal in the UK anything remotely juicy would be ran with like a rat up a drainpipe, vilifying those involved whether guilty or not.

It wasn't long ago that a very short report in the morning news spoke of a guy sexually assaulting children in his daycare somewhere in BC (i forget). I've not noticed any coverage since (but i'm not really looking for it). In the UK it'd be hard to miss i would imagine.

The same was of a teacher out in the valley somewhere who did the same to school kids ages ago. Since a short bit on it.......nothing.

Probably why many Canadians appear happy and nice. They're removed from real life in many ways (or at least many negative aspects when compared to people in the UK). The other morning on the news there was a little bit about a stabbing and the guy was on the loose. The main part of the news was showing the news people trying to milk goats, giggling at innuendo.
Old May 25th 2012, 5:18 am

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
Maybe it's because i rarely read the papers or watch the news anymore but i've always felt Canada either glosses over these issues more than the UK, or even just ignores it in the media.

I recal in the UK anything remotely juicy would be ran with like a rat up a drainpipe, vilifying those involved whether guilty or not.

It wasn't long ago that a very short report in the morning news spoke of a guy sexually assaulting children in his daycare somewhere in BC (i forget). I've not noticed any coverage since (but i'm not really looking for it). In the UK it'd be hard to miss i would imagine.

The same was of a teacher out in the valley somewhere who did the same to school kids ages ago. Since a short bit on it.......nothing.

Probably why many Canadians appear happy and nice. They're removed from real life in many ways (or at least many negative aspects when compared to people in the UK). The other morning on the news there was a little bit about a stabbing and the guy was on the loose. The main part of the news was showing the news people trying to milk goats, giggling at innuendo.
I've found CBC radio pretty good and the Globe and Mail. I know what you mean though.
Old May 25th 2012, 5:25 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Canadians are a very docile lot on the whole, and tend to be quite happy to allow people in uniform to tell them what to do. Equally, they tend not to like it when other 'ordinary people' criticize their uniformed services, they take it almost as a personal slight on their judgement. Consequently, it's made much easier for things to be covered up, swept under the carpet... because people don't want to hear it.

Contrast that with the near-constant "hassle" British police forces/border clerks get... they don't like it, but I think ultimately they're all the better for it.
Old May 25th 2012, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Canadians are a very docile lot on the whole, and tend to be quite happy to allow people in uniform to tell them what to do. Equally, they tend not to like it when other 'ordinary people' criticize their uniformed services, they take it almost as a personal slight on their judgement. Consequently, it's made much easier for things to be covered up, swept under the carpet... because people don't want to hear it.

Contrast that with the near-constant "hassle" British police forces/border clerks get... they don't like it, but I think ultimately they're all the better for it.
FWIW I don't think that's true here ( in Vancouver).

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1998338/
Old May 25th 2012, 5:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Oh come off it FL, being raped cannot be classed as a 'pitfall' of a job.

If someone is being sexually harrassed whether it be male or female - (this works both ways remember) it's because someone in the job is a bully and highlites a weak target that they are able to take avantage of. Total scum in my opinion.

Being raped is not a pitfall - is a f****g crime and the guy should be locked up.

(Although I will add I haven't been following the case and do not know the ins and outs as to whether there was a rape or not)
Woah
Where does it say in the article I commented on that they were raped or there were allegations of rape? There are several cases involving the RCMP by former female members and again the story I commented on has no mention of the word rape in it.
Mine was a generilization of lewd conduct, groping, unwanted touching etc definitely not to include rape.
I accept chocolate bars as an apology
Old May 25th 2012, 5:41 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Woah
Where does it say in the article I commented on that they were raped or there were allegations of rape? There are several cases involving the RCMP by former female members and again the story I commented on has no mention of the word rape in it.
Mine was a generilization of lewd conduct, groping, unwanted touching etc definitely not to include rape.
I accept chocolate bars as an apology
apologies but your comment did come across as a generalisation of 'all' forms of sexual harrassment and rape being the most extreme end of that spectrum.

Unfortunately I am not prey, so the choccie bars stay firmly in my pocket - it's kind of a 'guard it with your life' policy

(that was tongue in cheek btw and am not insinuating that fo one minute you are a border officer predator )
Old May 25th 2012, 5:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

apologies but your comment did come across as a generalisation of 'all' forms of sexual harrassment and rape being the most extreme end of that spectrum.

Unfortunately I am not prey, so the choccie bars stay firmly in my pocket - it's kind of a 'guard it with your life' policy

(that was tongue in cheek btw and am not insinuating that fo one minute you are a border officer predator )
Apparently a lot of my comments on here at times get misconstrued or read in the wrong context and yes sometimes I might appear to convey it that way.
My previous jobs used to be all male dominated (HM Forces, Police and CBSA).
Times are changing and while I dont agree with most of the sexual harrassment stigma in the workforce there is a certain amount of the flirting and innuendos double entardes etc still in the workplace which on the most is harmless enough providing you know your audience.
BTW harrass is still 2 words in my vocabulary
Old May 25th 2012, 5:51 am

Apparently a lot of my comments on here at times get misconstrued or read in the wrong context and yes sometimes I might appear to convey it that way.
My previous jobs used to be all male dominated (HM Forces, Police and CBSA).
Times are changing and while I dont agree with most of the sexual harrassment stigma in the workforce there is a certain amount of the flirting and innuendos double entardes etc still in the workplace which on the most is harmless enough providing you know your audience.BTW harrass is still 2 words in my vocabulary
I agree.

Last edited by ExKiwilass; May 25th 2012 at 5:56 am.
Old May 25th 2012, 6:54 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty

They do like their authority figures over here. I was at the meat raffle in our local legion on the weekend and they were fawning all over this scruffy fat bloke with little pudgy hands who turned out to be the president of the hall. I swear I’ve seen him down GI market selling hot chestnuts.
Old May 25th 2012, 8:03 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
I agree.
Me too and tbh things like that are VERY easily misconstrued, so what might be acceptable in one workplace by a group of people would have you hung drawn and quartered in another.

I totally agree with FL when he says "know your audience".

This bloody man / woman thing is a goddam nightmare
Old May 25th 2012, 8:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Me too and tbh things like that are VERY easily misconstrued, so what might be acceptable in one workplace by a group of people would have you hung drawn and quartered in another.

I totally agree with FL when he says "know your audience".

This bloody man / woman thing is a goddam nightmare
Yeah whats with it comments like nice hairstyle, nice shoes or nice dress are widely accepted but nice tits, ass, or you look fit as a butchers dog can get you into trouble
Old May 25th 2012, 8:21 am

Yeah whats with it comments like nice hairstyle, nice shoes or nice dress are widely accepted but nice tits, ass, or you look fit as a butchers dog can get you into trouble

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.