Wikiposts

the RCMP and women.

Old May 25th 2012, 3:53 am
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute
Default the RCMP and women.

Am I the only one that's been following the sexual harrasment allegations against the RCMP?

here's the latest story:

"The veteran police officer was found guilty of seven allegations of disgraceful conduct over a three-year period in Alberta – for having sex with subordinates, sexually harassing them and drinking with them at work."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle2443173/

And he got transferred and his rank changed. big whoop.

Last edited by ExKiwilass; May 25th 2012 at 3:58 am.
Old May 25th 2012, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the RCMP and women.

They were talking about it on CBC Radio 1 just now. It really is shameful that someone who abused his authority in the RCMP to make advances on women and expose himself at them simply got transferred to a BC detachment. He should be fired, despite how sorry he says he is.
Old May 25th 2012, 4:00 am

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
They were talking about it on CBC Radio 1 just now. It really is shameful that someone who abused his authority in the RCMP to make advances on women and expose himself at them simply got transferred to a BC detachment. He should be fired, despite how sorry he says he is.
It honestly reminds me of the Catholic Church, move him along, sweep it under carpet, nothing to see here... I bet they didn't expect it to go public. I agree, fired.

140 women have joined the sexual harrassment case in BC against the RCMP. 140!!

It's hard not to draw the conclusion that the RCMP, at it's root, culturally, has issues with women.
Old May 25th 2012, 4:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Now dont get me wrong and Im not defending them or others but unfortunately these are some of the pitfalls women come up against when working in what were once mainly male dominated professions.
This also happens in the following professions
Fire fighters, the Military especially in combat areas, construction industry (my OH has experience of this), offshore drilling and a few others.
Yes its wrong and I question the accountability on the person(s) who hear these cases and make those decisions.
So do you honestly think the RCMP decision makers in this case will be held accountable for their decision?
Old May 25th 2012, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Now dont get me wrong and Im not defending them or others but unfortunately these are some of the pitfalls women come up against when working in what were once mainly male dominated professions.
Fire fighters, the Military especially in combat areas, construction industry (my OH has experience of this), offshore drilling and a few others.
Yes its wrong and I question the accountability on the person(s) who hear these cases and make those decisions.
So do you honestly think the RCMP decision makers in this case will be held accountable for their decision?
They should be. Whether they will be is another question.

I understand the pitfalls as I've also worked in male dominated work environments. I'm just tired of the excuses. And some of these women were raped. There is NO excuse for that or the ensuing coverups and lack of support, I'm sorry, none.
Old May 25th 2012, 4:26 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
Am I the only one that's been following the sexual harrasment allegations against the RCMP?

here's the latest story:

"The veteran police officer was found guilty of seven allegations of disgraceful conduct over a three-year period in Alberta – for having sex with subordinates, sexually harassing them and drinking with them at work."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle2443173/

And he got transferred and his rank changed. big whoop.
I hear he's enjoying life in White Rock now

Edit: I wrote that before i read the last post so just wanted to point out...........i'm kidding :-)
Old May 25th 2012, 4:29 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

They should be. Whether they will be is another question.

I understand the pitfalls as I've also worked in male dominated work environments. I'm just tired of the excuses. And some of these women were raped. There is NO excuse for that or the ensuing coverups and lack of support, I'm sorry, none.
They were raped? How come he hasn't been arrested
Old May 25th 2012, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by el_richo
They were raped? How come he hasn't been arrested
oh, sorry, not talking about this guy.

Some of the other victims have come forward and said they were sexually assaulted on the job. One ex-RCMP officer said she was assaulted by her coworker who was working with her on an undercover assignment and she got no support and was transferred.

I mean, where do you go when the people who are supposed to uphold the law aren't?
Old May 25th 2012, 4:35 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Oh come off it FL, being raped cannot be classed as a 'pitfall' of a job.

If someone is being sexually harrassed whether it be male or female - (this works both ways remember) it's because someone in the job is a bully and highlites a weak target that they are able to take avantage of. Total scum in my opinion.

Being raped is not a pitfall - is a f****g crime and the guy should be locked up.

(Although I will add I haven't been following the case and do not know the ins and outs as to whether there was a rape or not)
Old May 25th 2012, 4:37 am
Beep

oh, sorry, not talking about this guy.

Some of the other victims have come forward and said they were sexually assaulted on the job. One ex-RCMP officer said she was assaulted by her coworker who was working with her on an undercover assignment and she got no support and was transferred.

I mean, where do you go when the people who are supposed to uphold the law aren't?
Aaaaah.
Old May 25th 2012, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Oh come off it FL, being raped cannot be classed as a 'pitfall' of a job.

If someone is being sexually harrassed whether it be male or female - (this works both ways remember) it's because someone in the job is a bully and highlites a weak target that they are able to take avantage of. Total scum in my opinion.

Being raped is not a pitfall - is a f****g crime and the guy should be locked up.

(Although I will add I haven't been following the case and do not know the ins and outs as to whether there was a rape or not)
Agreed. Some male officers have come forward too. It really looks to me like the RCMP is a sick organisation. And I'm less and less surprised by screw-ups like the Missing Women case of the DTES.

Another story:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle2231489/

and another:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle2263854/
Old May 25th 2012, 4:40 am

oo look and another!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle2261049/
Old May 25th 2012, 4:41 am

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1016726/
Old May 25th 2012, 4:45 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Thing is it's more common in any area, I would think, than people realise. It's not until one comes forward that the floodgates open, and then it makes it more 'shocking' because an RCMP officer is supposed to protect and serve - so it goes against the grain of what they are supposed to stand for.

Bullying in any form doesn't stop in the classroom, and as a friend once told me that I remember to this day "Mand, in life there's predators and prey, and it's only good to be prey when there's no predators about."
Old May 25th 2012, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Thing is it's more common in any area, I would think, than people realise. It's not until one comes forward that the floodgates open, and then it makes it more 'shocking' because an RCMP officer is supposed to protect and serve - so it goes against the grain of what they are supposed to stand for.

Bullying in any form doesn't stop in the classroom, and as a friend once told me that I remember to this day "Mand, in life there's predators and prey, and it's only good to be prey when there's no predators about."
I like that it's finally being talked about. I think for a long time workplace bullying has been tolerated when it shouldn't be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.