British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   RCMP In red serge and on horseback... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/rcmp-red-serge-horseback-383667/)

Steve_P Jul 7th 2006 2:46 pm

RCMP In red serge and on horseback...

This one is for Butch.

The other day he was on about being disappointed that he hadn't seen any RCMP Officers in their red tunics and on horseback. :)

Well I've found a solution to his problem and anyone else who wants to see the Queens Cowboys do their Musical Ride thing. :)

Spruce Meadows.

The "North American Tournament" is currently running out there, and the RCMP Musical Ride is performing.

In todays Calgary Herald there is a coupon for free admission to Spruce Meadows for a family of four (including parking) hotdogs, Pepsi and preferred covered seating on the southwest side of the International Ring.

This offer is only good Friday July 7th between 5:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.

The coupon is on page D4 of today's Calgary Herald.

Cheers
Steve

Craftybanshee Jul 7th 2006 4:12 pm

Re: RCMP In red serge and on horseback...

Sigh ............... :( Why do I have to be 1,000's of miles away. I'd love to see the RCMP Muscial ride ;)

koogar Jul 7th 2006 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by Craftybanshee
Sigh ............... :( Why do I have to be 1,000's of miles away. I'd love to see the RCMP Muscial ride ;)

I know.....I missed it by a couple of weeks :(

Craftybanshee Jul 7th 2006 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by koogar
I know.....I missed it by a couple of weeks :(

I like Mounties. It's their uniform :o :D

Butch Cassidy Jul 7th 2006 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by Hangman
This one is for Butch.

The other day he was on about being disappointed that he hadn't seen any RCMP Officers in their red tunics and on horseback. :)

Well I've found a solution to his problem and anyone else who wants to see the Queens Cowboys do their Musical Ride thing. :)

Spruce Meadows.

The "North American Tournament" is currently running out there, and the RCMP Musical Ride is performing.

In todays Calgary Herald there is a coupon for free admission to Spruce Meadows for a family of four (including parking) hotdogs, Pepsi and preferred covered seating on the southwest side of the International Ring.

This offer is only good Friday July 7th between 5:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.

The coupon is on page D4 of today's Calgary Herald.

Cheers
Steve

Too late Bud, saw LOADS at the stampede today. (Even a couple of couple of girl ones (died and gone to heaven at that one :rolleyes:)).

Even Calgary police had mounted officers today. :D