British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   A rather racist joke! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/rather-racist-joke-417252/)

Purley Jan 6th 2007 6:18 am

A rather racist joke!

However, I guess not directed at any particular ethnic group!

A Somalian arrived in Croydon as a new immigrant to the United Kingdom.
He stopped the first person he saw walking down the street and said:
"Thank you, Mr. Englishman for letting me into this Country!" The
passer-by replied: " You are mistaken, I am from Pakistan."The man
continued and encountered another passer-by.
Thank you for having such a beautiful country here in Britain!"The
person retorted: "I no Blitish, I flom Hong Kong."The new arrival
walked further, and the next person he saw he stopped,shook his hand and
said: "Thank you for the wonderful Britain!" The startled man Said: "I
am from Iran; I am not British!" He finally spotted a nice-looking lady
and asked suspiciously: "Are you a British Citizen?" "No", she replied,
"I am from Romania. "He was puzzled and asked her: " Where are all the
British?" The Romanian lady looked at her watch, shrugged and
said: "Probably at work."

Judy in Calgary Jan 6th 2007 8:47 am

Re: A rather racist joke!

At my client's office the Pakistani PhDs arrive to clean the building just as I'm leaving around 5.00 p.m. So, yes, they do operate in a different time zone from "mainstream Canadians." :p

LEE & KAREN Jan 6th 2007 9:42 am

lol

Rich_007 Jan 7th 2007 5:23 am

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary (Post 4255563)
At my client's office the Pakistani PhDs arrive to clean the building just as I'm leaving around 5.00 p.m. So, yes, they do operate in a different time zone from "mainstream Canadians." :p

At our place the cleaning company [apparently legal but in need of ESL support] workers arrive at 6pm for a three hour shift. They're good at their work and reliable, but offering specifics as to what requires doing is a point-and-mime act in itself.

Rich.

Piff Poff Jan 7th 2007 8:28 am

I posted something like this - along the same vein anyhow and was completely slammed for it! Found it good though!

montreal mike Jan 7th 2007 8:58 am

Originally Posted by Piff Poff (Post 4258013)
I posted something like this - along the same vein anyhow and was completely slammed for it!

Why ain't I surprised?

A few weeks ago there was a thread at this very forum where a lady, living on the West Coast, had casually mentioned that in taking public transport she heard a lot a fellow travellers speaking some Chinese dialect.

Innocent enough wouldn't you think?

Not so for a few posters here who got their knickers in a twist with accusations of racism being thrown about!

HOW ABSURD!

More recently, on CNN I watched a discussion on racism in America. They assembled a bunch of people (blacks, whites) and they included a white academic who pointed out that whereas it was not OK to call African-Americans by certain possibly racist names, nobody seems to get too upset when African-Americans insult whites. That was the gist of what he was saying. Strangely enough nobody in the discussion group agreed with him and, get this, for saying what he did he took a lot of heat.

I also note that it is sometimes OK for a black person to call another black using the dreaded N word. (If you can stomach it just listen to some rap lyrics and you will get my point). But whites can't.

The N word should be verboten. But verboten for all methinks

snowgoose Jan 7th 2007 10:53 am

Originally Posted by montreal mike (Post 4258155)
Why ain't I surprised?

A few weeks ago there was a thread at this very forum where a lady, living on the West Coast, had casually mentioned that in taking public transport she heard a lot a fellow travellers speaking some Chinese dialect.

Innocent enough wouldn't you think?

Not so for a few posters here who got their knickers in a twist with accusations of racism being thrown about!

HOW ABSURD!

More recently, on CNN I watched a discussion on racism in America. They assembled a bunch of people (blacks, whites) and they included a white academic who pointed out that whereas it was not OK to call African-Americans by certain possibly racist names, nobody seems to get too upset when African-Americans insult whites. That was the gist of what he was saying. Strangely enough nobody in the discussion group agreed with him and, get this, for saying what he did he took a lot of heat.

I also note that it is sometimes OK for a black person to call another black using the dreaded N word. (If you can stomach it just listen to some rap lyrics and you will get my point). But whites can't.

The N word should be verboten. But verboten for all methinks

I was sent this e-mail recently:

"Proud To Be White.....
Someone finally said it.....

How many are actually paying attention to this?
There are African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans, Arab Americans, Native Americans, etc.

And then there are just Americans.

You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction. You Call me "White boy," "Cracker," "Honkey," "Whitey," "Caveman" ... and that's OK.
But when I call you, Nigger, Kike, Towel head, Sand-nigger, camel Jockey, Beaner, Gook, or Chink ... you call me a racist.

You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you, so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?

You have the United Negro College Fund. You have Martin Luther King Day. You have Black History Month. You have Cesar Chavez Day. You have Yom Hashoah You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi You have the NAACP.
You have BET.

If we had WET (White Entertainment Television) .. we'd be racists.
If we had a White Pride Day .. you would call us racists. If we had White History Month .. we'd be racists.
If we had any organization for only whites to "advance" OUR lives ...we'd be racists.
We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce.
Wonder who pays for that?

If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships .. you know we'd be racists. There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges in the US , yet if there were "White colleges" .. ...THAT would be a racist college.
In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights, you would call us racists.
You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride ...you call us racists.
You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police
officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug-dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society ... you call him a racist.
I am proud.
But, you call me a racist.
Why is it that only whites can be racists?
There is nothing improper about this e-mail.

Let's see how many are proud enough to send it on"

montreal mike Jan 7th 2007 10:57 am

Originally Posted by snowgoose (Post 4258583)

"Proud To Be White.....

There are African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans, Arab Americans, Native Americans, etc.

You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction. You Call me "White boy," "Cracker," "Honkey," "Whitey," "Caveman" ... and that's OK.
But when I call you, Nigger, Kike, Towel head, Sand-nigger, camel Jockey, Beaner, Gook, or Chink ... you call me a racist.

You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you, so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?

You have the United Negro College Fund. You have Martin Luther King Day. You have Black History Month. You have Cesar Chavez Day. You have Yom Hashoah You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi You have the NAACP.
You have BET.

If we had a White Pride Day .. you would call us racists. If we had White History Month .. we'd be racists.
If we had any organization for only whites to "advance" OUR lives ...we'd be racists.
We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce.

If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships .. you know we'd be racists. There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges in the US , yet if there were "White colleges" .. ...THAT would be a racist college.
In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights, you would call us racists.
You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride ...you call us racists.
officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug-dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society ... you call him a racist.
I am proud.

Bravo .. excellent .. it spells it out exactly! I see absolutely nothing wrong with what is written above. It may not be politically correct and will get a few here all upset. I challenge anyone here to show us where it is either inaccurate or racist.

Sally Jan 7th 2007 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Piff Poff (Post 4258013)
I posted something like this - along the same vein anyhow and was completely slammed for it! Found it good though!

Yes you were slammed by me because it was a load of rubbish.

Sally Jan 7th 2007 10:59 am

Originally Posted by snowgoose (Post 4258583)

"Proud To Be White.....

You have BET.

I am proud.

My next door neighbour is like this and constantly feels under threat from other races, bit odd if you ask me.

montreal mike Jan 7th 2007 11:06 am

Originally Posted by Sally (Post 4258598)
Yes you were slammed by me because it was a load of rubbish.

I for one would like to see what was posted. Piff Poff could it be posted again?

hot wasabi peas Jan 7th 2007 11:23 am

First off. What a load of crap. I can't believe that people are so moronic to actually write such unthinking, uncritical and uninsightful piles of poo.

Originally Posted by some white supremacist

Of course, anyone can be racist.

What the originator of that email woefully fails to grasp in their pseudo-analysis of 'race', 'racism' and 'racial relations' is the affects and effects of power: socially, politically and economically.

Perhaps someone can post the directions to the BNP website... or Canada's own Heritage Front?

FFS. :rolleyes:

hot wasabi peas Jan 7th 2007 11:30 am

Originally Posted by montreal mike (Post 4258594)
I challenge anyone here to show us where it is either inaccurate or racist.

What would be the point in that? If you fail to see how moronic the original email is in the first place, I suspect a bit of internet banter is hardly going to stimulate any sort of critical thought or dialogue.

montreal mike Jan 7th 2007 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas (Post 4258666)
What would be the point in that? If you fail to see how moronic the original email is in the first place, I suspect a bit of internet banter is hardly going to stimulate any sort of critical thought or dialogue.

Bluntly put, my point is that one were to read carefully through the material, and here I assume one has a bare minimum of intelligence, then one should certainly not be prepared to blithely dismiss it all out of hand.

If you find the material moronic well so be it.

I don't.

hot wasabi peas Jan 7th 2007 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by montreal mike (Post 4258880)
If you find the material moronic well so be it.

I don't.

And that pretty much sums it up, don't it.