Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Feb 18th 2017, 8:55 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

Originally Posted by HGerchikov
On our way back from Quebec this afternoon . It's a 8km drive from our house. There it's legal for him to drink and in public places too.
****ing Canada. Primitive place.
Old Feb 19th 2017, 11:59 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

We are moving in with mother in law.
Old Feb 19th 2017, 12:01 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
We were with mine for 9 months before here and just coming up to 6 years since she joined us here.

Can't remember...do you get on? She thinks the world of me. (mine not yours )
Old Feb 19th 2017, 12:06 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
We were with mine for 9 months before here and just coming up to 6 years since she joined us here.

Can't remember...do you get on? She thinks the world of me. (mine not yours )
I have an oil and water relationship with her.
Old Feb 19th 2017, 12:08 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Look on the bright side, Charlee will have a big yard to play in and your financial situation will be easier .. every cloud has a silver lining!

Are you ok with moving in, temporarily?

Old Feb 19th 2017, 1:09 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Look on the bright side, Charlee will have a big yard to play in and your financial situation will be easier .. every cloud has a silver lining!

Are you ok with moving in, temporarily?

It's not ideal, but it's necessary as there is nowhere in the Lower Mainland we can afford rent wise, and we can't leave the lower mainland area at the moment for some medical reasons.

It's either until we have more stable work income or if BC Housing calls with a place available, we are on the housing list but it can take years upon years to get housing, so that isn't a short term solution, but long term solution.
Old Feb 19th 2017, 1:47 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

...we are on the housing list but it can take years upon years to get housing, so that isn't a short term solution, but long term solution.
I have no idea how that works but is there any sort of 'points' system that maybe gives a few more points and betters your chances in different situations?

Your health needs, time on list, recognised disability income, being overcrowded, that sort of stuff?

Do you have to update, for example, the change - which is not simply an address change but something more involved - since you were listed? I'm assuming that means more overcrowding now?

Do the housing people respond to such changing circumstances?
Old Feb 19th 2017, 3:12 pm
Account Closed

BC Housing categorizes people into 5 categories, from their website.

Applicants facing a severe risk to health and/or safety, such as homelessness or living in a homeless shelter.

Applicants with serious health/medical/social needs, such as risk of homelessness, fleeing domestic abuse, living in severely inadequate housing, or transitioning to a more independent living situation.

Applicants whose housing need is moderate compared with the two previous categories, such as living in temporary or inadequate accommodation.

Applicants with a specialized housing need or low housing need, such as living in marginally crowded housing.

Applicants for the low end market units found in some subsidized buildings.

You have to update your file at minimum every 6 months, if something significant changes you also want to update earlier. Say you have housing currently, but then end up homeless, you want to update that ASAP as it will move you into a more urgent category.

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I have no idea how that works but is there any sort of 'points' system that maybe gives a few more points and betters your chances in different situations?

Your health needs, time on list, recognised disability income, being overcrowded, that sort of stuff?

Do you have to update, for example, the change - which is not simply an address change but something more involved - since you were listed? I'm assuming that means more overcrowding now?

Do the housing people respond to such changing circumstances?
Old Feb 19th 2017, 3:53 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Thank you

He's not impressed with Northampton but then who would be lol.

He did like sports direct though and said it was loads cheaper then sports check but I didn't tell them about the dodgy working conditions at the warehouses
I might go to Northampton just for the hell of it. There's a bus to there from my mum's village, used to go to MK which I like but I'll have to get used to Northampton I suppose.
Old Feb 19th 2017, 6:04 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Got my iPod from 2005 working again.
Old Feb 20th 2017, 1:28 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
I might go to Northampton just for the hell of it. There's a bus to there from my mum's village, used to go to MK which I like but I'll have to get used to Northampton I suppose.
I can't tell if you're joking or being serious lol?

I much prefer MK
Old Feb 20th 2017, 1:45 am
Oscar nominated

BC Housing categorizes people into 5 categories, from their website...

You have to update your file at minimum every 6 months, if something significant changes you also want to update earlier. Say you have housing currently, but then end up homeless, you want to update that ASAP as it will move you into a more urgent category.
So somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd and there's a significant change by moving to mother in law's.

Presumably, there could be another change - even if still living there - if the situation changes such as health deteriorating; timescale able to stay changed; condition changed etc
Old Feb 20th 2017, 2:45 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
I can't tell if you're joking or being serious lol?

I much prefer MK
Serious! I like MK, we used to live nearby and went there often. I can't remember ever going to Northampton but I suppose I must have.
Old Feb 20th 2017, 4:32 am
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

It's not ideal, but it's necessary as there is nowhere in the Lower Mainland we can afford rent wise, and we can't leave the lower mainland area at the moment for some medical reasons.

It's either until we have more stable work income or if BC Housing calls with a place available, we are on the housing list but it can take years upon years to get housing, so that isn't a short term solution, but long term solution.
Its a sensible move (financially). Quite normal to have multi-generational families in some countries.
Old Feb 20th 2017, 4:35 am
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Got my iPod from 2005 working again.
I have an '06, never had a problem with it, although had to change the batt a few years back. Haven't used it since I installed Spotify on my mobile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.