Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Nov 20th 2022, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Normally by now I have rewatched "on the march with Bobby's army" and other compilations; made a note of dates and times of most matches so as not to make arrangements that clash; completed a spreadsheet to try and project the later knockout ties; read the articles about teams and venues, players to watch out for etc.

Not this time.

But I have watched the video of the latest version of the greatest football song ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubRBLAHjkTo&t=237s
I hope I"m able to blast that at a couple of scottish and welsh guys I know who have a viceral hatred for any England success. Greatest football song...what about the New Order one. World in Motion.

Any predictions. England to make it to the quarters or semis and hopefully Maguire will be on the bench.
Old Nov 20th 2022, 11:15 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
I hope I"m able to blast that at a couple of scottish and welsh guys I know who have a viceral hatred for any England success. Greatest football song...what about the New Order one. World in Motion.
That comes after all the three lions versions and just ahead of Back Home.

Old Nov 20th 2022, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
That comes after all the three lions versions and just ahead of Back Home.
For the 1998 World Cup, the 'official' song was by Echo and the Bunnymen, Ocean Colour Scene, Space and the Spice Girls. I can't imagine that Echo and the Spice Girls had much in common. One of my favourite groups with one I can't stand.
Old Nov 20th 2022, 6:20 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest, I have no interest in the World Cup this year, and it's all down to the fact that it's in Qatar only because they bribed their way to get it, and then killed over 6,000 immigrant workers, making them work in unsafe conditions. Then there is also the fact that they are actively imprisoning and execution people because of their sexuality. There are plenty of other channels, and I was watching football today, WSL between Chelsea and Spurs.
Old Dec 24th 2022, 5:10 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Q - What do you give to a reindeer with an upset stomach?

A - Elk-aseltzer.
Old Dec 30th 2022, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

OrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
To be honest, I have no interest in the World Cup this year, and it's all down to the fact that it's in Qatar only because they bribed their way to get it, and then killed over 6,000 immigrant workers, making them work in unsafe conditions. Then there is also the fact that they are actively imprisoning and execution people because of their sexuality. There are plenty of other channels, and I was watching football today, WSL between Chelsea and Spurs.
My sentiments as well, albeit I was watching one or the other matches.
Old Jan 1st 2023, 11:52 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

I've decided that from January 1st, I'll only be watching videos in 1080p or higher. It's my New Year's Resolution.
Old Jan 2nd 2023, 12:01 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
I've decided that from January 1st, I'll only be watching videos in 1080p or higher. It's my New Year's Resolution.
Old Jan 2nd 2023, 12:47 am
`

Originally Posted by Danny B
Old Jan 14th 2023, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

If you were visiting Montreal for the weekend (not GP) which area would you stay in?
Old Jan 14th 2023, 5:08 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
If you were visiting Montreal for the weekend (not GP) which area would you stay in?

Plateau, says daughter who lived in various parts of Montreal during university. I know no more than that.
Old Jan 14th 2023, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Plateau, says daughter who lived in various parts of Montreal during university. I know no more than that.
Thank you
Old Jan 31st 2023, 4:00 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Now we can snort coke at home in BC and not worry about being arrested...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...mbia-1.6727814
Old Feb 2nd 2023, 2:26 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Nushka met a spicy creature last week. A week later, she's all better and the spicy thing is in a trap waiting for the trapper man to collect it. It will go in the cooking pot apparently.

Old Feb 2nd 2023, 2:49 am
`

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Nushka met a spicy creature last week. A week later, she's all better and the spicy thing is in a trap waiting for the trapper man to collect it. It will go in the cooking pot apparently.
What on earth .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.