Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Apr 20th 2022, 5:53 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

Canada's inflation rate jumps to new 31-year high of 6.7%
Old May 8th 2022, 4:02 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Old May 9th 2022, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
Yeah thats sad... a huge staple on TV growing up as a kid.
Old May 10th 2022, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

On another thread (Living and Moving Abroad, "Rest of the World" item #39, if you want to read it), I reminisced about my wedding in Toronto in 1967 - January, in the snow. I remember our reception was at the Four Seasons Hotel - but when I tried to track it down I discovered that there were actually two of them. Can anybody tell me which one would be the more likely to have hosted the event. There were only 20 of us there (it was an expats-only event, pretty much), so I'm not talking about a big "do". Thanks for any help.
Old May 10th 2022, 5:53 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
On another thread (Living and Moving Abroad, "Rest of the World" item #39, if you want to read it), I reminisced about my wedding in Toronto in 1967 - January, in the snow. I remember our reception was at the Four Seasons Hotel - but when I tried to track it down I discovered that there were actually two of them. Can anybody tell me which one would be the more likely to have hosted the event. There were only 20 of us there (it was an expats-only event, pretty much), so I'm not talking about a big "do". Thanks for any help.
Does this help?
https://www.fourseasons.com/about_fo.../1960_to_1969/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_S...dences_Toronto

Last edited by bats; May 10th 2022 at 6:02 pm.
Old May 10th 2022, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, bats. I guess this (the link at the top) must have been the one. I had in my mind The Inn on the Park, but the one I was looking for was not a huge building like that one.
The older one - you sent the photo - is a very distinctive style, so you'd think I'd remember that. But no... The older one was downtown, so that must have been it. No address is given, but "downtown" would have been reasonably close to the Church, I guess. I couldn't find the actual address. After the whole shebang was over, we went back to our flat at Bloor & Spadina. I've found that on the map, so that will have to do!

Thanks again.
Old May 11th 2022, 12:54 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
Thanks, bats. I guess this (the link at the top) must have been the one. I had in my mind The Inn on the Park, but the one I was looking for was not a huge building like that one.
The older one - you sent the photo - is a very distinctive style, so you'd think I'd remember that. But no... The older one was downtown, so that must have been it. No address is given, but "downtown" would have been reasonably close to the Church, I guess. I couldn't find the actual address. After the whole shebang was over, we went back to our flat at Bloor & Spadina. I've found that on the map, so that will have to do!

Thanks again.
on the wikipedia link click on the Four Seasons link - that tells you more and has a photo The address was Eglinton and Leslie which isn't really downtown.

Last edited by bats; May 11th 2022 at 1:14 am.
Old May 11th 2022, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bats
on the wikipedia link click on the Four Seasons link - that tells you more and has a photo The address was Eglinton and Leslie which isn't really downtown.
Thanks for your patience, bats! I've misremembered, all these years. I misplaced the church, for one thing, and the Four Seasons for another. I'm still figuring it all out, but you've put me on the right track I appreciate your help.
Old May 11th 2022, 4:14 pm
Tea Drinker

Canada MP regrets calling into debate from toilet

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61402984
Old May 11th 2022, 5:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if his regret was because the best part of him had disappeared down the toilet?
Old May 12th 2022, 12:40 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Frank Hovis vibes...

Old May 12th 2022, 3:49 pm
limey party pooper

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/sin...ment-1.6449729

Peterborough at its finest. Every week these morons mass around the City Hall, threaten and harrass people.
downtown is a pretty unpleasant place to be.
Old May 15th 2022, 3:03 pm
Tea Drinker

Britain's new crisis....

https://news.sky.com/story/food-shor...close-12613442

Old May 15th 2022, 3:07 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Since when did a pickle get served with fish and chips?

That's even more weird than being offered gravy with it.
Old May 15th 2022, 3:10 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Since when did a pickle get served with fish and chips?

That's even more weird than being offered gravy with it.
Incorrect translation of 'pickled onion' by the Chinese chippy's owner?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.