Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Dec 19th 2016, 9:41 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

Originally Posted by Oink
Last Friday night was the first time I've closed down a bar in probably ten years.
Law enforcement or Bikers' gang enforcement?
Old Dec 19th 2016, 10:02 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Law enforcement or Bikers' gang enforcement?

Left at 2:15am. Normally I'm out of there by 9:00pm
Old Dec 19th 2016, 10:41 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Old Dec 20th 2016, 1:16 am
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

Steve woke up after the annual office Christmas party with a pounding
headache, cotton-mouthed and utterly unable to recall the events of
the previous evening.

After a trip to the bathroom, he made his way
downstairs, where his wife put some coffee in front of him.

"Marilyn," he moaned, "tell me what happened last night. Was it as
bad as I think?"

"Even worse," she said, her voice oozing scorn. "You made a complete
ass of yourself. You succeeded in antagonizing the entire board of
directors and you insulted the Chairman of the
company, right to his face."

"He's an asshole," Dave said. "I could piss on him."

"You did," came the reply. "And he fired you."

"Well, f*** him then" said Dave.

"I did", said Marilyn, "You're back at work on Monday ...."
Old Dec 20th 2016, 9:29 am
Oscar nominated

We were supposed to be going to The Snow Queen at Moncton's main theatre tonight but mother in law's broken ankle put paid to that. I passed the tickets on to a family charity.

It was described as "cinematic in size and scope, featuring an ensemble of actors who play children, animals, queens and princes. This beautiful story is for children and adults alike, and the perfect play for the winter season!" and I had been looking forward to it.

But then a few days ago I read something that talked of minimalist set design which appears to mean almost no scenery (this was apparently a boast) and the ensemble of actors numbers 5, 4 of whom will be playing multiple roles in animal costumes.

As it was just on in Fredericton, perhaps Millie or Tangram went, I checked for reviews.

Perhaps I shouldn't pre-judge it but going by the photos here I'm not entirely sure that kids would enjoy it. I'm not even sure I would have done given my previous expectation of something cinematic in size and scope and great fun for kids and adults - of which I am both.
Old Dec 20th 2016, 9:34 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

That's a shame- Nice to donate the tickets

Cracking scenery, as you say
I think a night in with the whisky probably is preferable
Old Dec 20th 2016, 9:37 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
I think a night in with the whisky probably is preferable
Good idea. Maybe the second half of The Accountant starring JonboyE in the all action (except when he's doing taxes) role.
Old Dec 20th 2016, 2:23 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I dunno how air traffic folks and pilots do it, stresses me out just listening to it.

Old Dec 20th 2016, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvy
The centre is. The burbs, not so much (unless things have changed somewhat in the last 30 years).
I left in 1989. I went back with the ex a few times until 2001 then we split up so there was no longer any need.

My memories are good. I was young and in love. It was my first ever time living in a city. I'm a country girl so maybe it was the big city lights!

I agree there are some nasty areas probably worse now than then. I lived in Croix du Sud and worked in Croix Rouge which you probably know as one of the university campuses was there.

Last edited by DandNHill; Dec 20th 2016 at 11:30 pm.
Old Dec 21st 2016, 12:34 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DandNHill
I left in 1989. I went back with the ex a few times until 2001 then we split up so there was no longer any need.

My memories are good. I was young and in love. It was my first ever time living in a city. I'm a country girl so maybe it was the big city lights!

I agree there are some nasty areas probably worse now than then. I lived in Croix du Sud and worked in Croix Rouge which you probably know as one of the university campuses was there.
Could be. I was at the ESC. I seem to recall it being opposite a university campus that had lecture theatres presumably designed to look like the petals of a flower but always reminded me of a collection of toilet bowls.

I still have the scar on my nose and a missing tooth owing to the crime of being English. Three French blokes took offence at the concept.
Old Dec 21st 2016, 10:48 am
Oscar nominated

Does anyone know Sensations (Sobeys) Hand-Dee-Pies?

Pulled Pork is one kind (no thanks) but I can't find anything about the others and the only picture I can find is too small. Enlarging it doesn't make it more clear.
Old Dec 21st 2016, 12:05 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Does anyone know Sensations (Sobeys) Hand-Dee-Pies?

https://resources.salewhale.ca/produ...ompliments.jpg

Pulled Pork is one kind (no thanks) but I can't find anything about the others and the only picture I can find is too small. Enlarging it doesn't make it more clear.
These are the 'sprolls' I believe

Sensations by Compliments Food Truck Appetizers - Sobeys Inc.

Found them

Sensations by Compliments Hand-Dee-Pies in Pulled Pork, Classic-Style Chicken, Braised Beef and Ultimate Veggie, 280 g.
Attached Thumbnails Random stuff - the anything else thread-capture.jpg  

Last edited by Siouxie; Dec 21st 2016 at 12:19 pm.
Old Dec 21st 2016, 1:13 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

This is about cheese (yes another cheese rant) but this time I'm upset Cost-co Vancouver doesn't have the Snowdonia cheddar in stock this year
Old Dec 21st 2016, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvy
Could be. I was at the ESC. I seem to recall it being opposite a university campus that had lecture theatres presumably designed to look like the petals of a flower but always reminded me of a collection of toilet bowls.

I still have the scar on my nose and a missing tooth owing to the crime of being English. Three French blokes took offence at the concept.
Yes that was Croix Rouge. When I was there there was a terrible story of a little child found dead in the garbage chute. Not the safest area.
Old Dec 21st 2016, 3:11 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
This is about cheese (yes another cheese rant) but this time I'm upset Cost-co Vancouver doesn't have the Snowdonia cheddar in stock this year
I have 2 lovely triangles of cheddar from Cheddar, that I'm really looking forward to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.