Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Jul 23rd 2021, 5:07 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

Amazon cancelled my order, maybe the driver took off with the parcels.

We’re sorry there was an issue with your delivery and we are unable to complete delivery. We will issue a refund within 7-10 business days.

No surprise there are so few dentists that will provide service at the ministry rate, the government hasn't increased them since 2004, while dental fees have climbed a lot in that time frame and why even if they do accept ministry coverage, why the fees are still so high after its deducted.

$300-$400 for a new patient exam/cleaning after the ministry coverage is way too much still especially when multiplied by 2 people.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Jul 23rd 2021 at 6:36 am.
Old Jul 25th 2021, 11:50 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 28th 2021, 5:13 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Canada Post continues to astound me with their service. The order I made on Sunday night was processed on Monday and got to the Vancouver post office before 1500hrs, then made it to Richmond and was sorted the same evening. Now less than 48 hrs later it's out for delivery and should be waiting for me when I get out of physio. Outstanding!

Old Jul 28th 2021, 5:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Can I have some of your Canada Post luck? I have the polar opposite experiences as you do....

I suppose I did get my replacement parcel in 4 days from Calgary Xpress Post, but the original went to Nova Scotia, processed in Calgary, made it to Richmond in 2 days, then processed again and showed up a few days later in Nova Scotia, where it was delivered to someone.

At the replacement the merchant sent only took 4 days.

Originally Posted by caretaker
Canada Post continues to astound me with their service. The order I made on Sunday night was processed on Monday and got to the Vancouver post office before 1500hrs, then made it to Richmond and was sorted the same evening. Now less than 48 hrs later it's out for delivery and should be waiting for me when I get out of physio. Outstanding!
Old Jul 28th 2021, 6:08 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Canada Post continues to astound me with their service.
Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Can I have some of your Canada Post luck? I have the polar opposite experiences as you do.....
Maybe you don't worship the right gods
Old Jul 28th 2021, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if ‘have a blessed day’ at the end of an email is American Christian for get lost/**** off?
Old Jul 28th 2021, 9:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
I wonder if ‘have a blessed day’ at the end of an email is American Christian for get lost/**** off?
It could be, but then it could also not be.
Old Jul 28th 2021, 9:07 am
Account Closed

The fan they installed power wise no better than the last one, only difference is the new one comes on and off based on humidity in the bathroom and they removed the switch for it, works for me.

Thankfully we got lucky in the fact they redid our unit earlier in the year and put in a new fan then, so they didn't have to cut into our ceiling or anything, just pulled old out, put new in and done.

The neighbor still has the old 1980's fan, and took them 4 hours to cut ceiling out, remove, install, and then they have to come back tomorrow to dry wall, then Friday to pain, but we get to skip those 2 days.

Took about 90 minutes start to finish for our fan.

Sucks for the barely old fan they removed, its probably getting scrapped.
Old Jul 28th 2021, 10:15 am
Stand-up Philosopher

If anyone gets a message from me about canned meat don't open it.
It's spam.
Old Jul 28th 2021, 12:14 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone gets a message from me about canned meat don't open it.
It's spam.

Old Aug 2nd 2021, 7:04 am
Stand-up Philosopher

Old Aug 2nd 2021, 9:34 am
Account Closed

I think we are going to cancel internet service, just getting too expensive.
Old Aug 2nd 2021, 1:49 pm
Account Closed

I could use a swimming pool inside the apartment....but I think I will pass on a coffee mug.

Summer time with a broken heater kind of sucks, upside a neighbor who was leaving gave us a portable air con, its old, and inefficient as its trying to cool as the heater is heating, but turned towards the bed, the little bubble around the bed stay cool....

Bedroom though is 28/29c/

Old Aug 2nd 2021, 4:13 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I think we are going to cancel internet service, just getting too expensive.
I bet I hold the record for the most expensive home internet service. 750mbps up / down with Telus fibre.

Old Aug 3rd 2021, 10:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

So not finders keepers then.
A pensioner in Germany has been convicted of illegal weapons possession after he was found to own an extensive personal arsenal including a tank.

The defendant, 84, has been handed a suspended prison sentence of 14 months and has been ordered to pay a fine of €250,000 (£213,469).

Officials found the tank and other World War Two-era military equipment at the defendant's house in the northern town of Heikendorf in 2015.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-58077039

So has it taken 6 years to get it to court or the BBC are slow in reporting the news.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.