Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Dec 9th 2016, 9:10 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

I had one of these yesterday

although it looks more like this now (and comes from Ireland, not the UK anymore)

Old Dec 9th 2016, 11:10 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

50p to use the toilets at London railway stations
Old Dec 9th 2016, 11:21 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Kirk Douglas 100 years old

Kirk Douglas celebrates 100th birthday | Fox News
Old Dec 10th 2016, 1:59 am
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
50p to use the toilets at London railway stations
They're really taking the piss with that.
Old Dec 10th 2016, 7:33 am
Oscar nominated

Mother in law missed the last step in the basement today and tumbled. I got her up and over to ER as her ankle looked 'dented' and she was x-rayed within half an hour of arriving.

Doc said she broke everything in her ankle that she could break.

In surgery right now. She's fit as a fiddle normally (78!) and they're suggesting if all goes well, a bit of physio tomorrow and home.

That might be a bit optimistic.
Old Dec 10th 2016, 7:37 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Mother in law missed the last step in the basement today and tumbled. I got her up and over to ER as her ankle looked 'dented' and she was x-rayed within half an hour of arriving.

In surgery right now. She's fit as a fiddle normally (78!) and they're suggesting if all goes well, a bit of physio tomorrow and home.

Ouch!

What a nasty thing to have happen

Wishing her a speedy recovery, hopefully she'll be out and on crutches asap.
Old Dec 10th 2016, 7:37 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Oh lawdy
I hope that she is alright- they do sometimes boot youngsters out after a night but that would be a bit harsh at her age. That's a bummer when you needed her to clear the snow off the driveway- how inconsiderate of her
Old Dec 10th 2016, 7:44 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Wishing her a speedy recovery, hopefully she'll be out and on crutches asap.
I'll pass that on, thanks.

She doesn't get on with crutches, a walker/rollator will be more likely.

Fortunately we already have one.

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
...That's a bummer when you needed her to clear the snow off the driveway..
but it's the deck she does a bit of. I wonder if the roller will take a blade.

I had hoped to have been 'done' with hospitals for some time yet, but then it's not actually be in there.
Old Dec 10th 2016, 7:48 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=BristolUK;12126342

but it's the deck she does a bit of. I wonder if the roller will take a blade.

Yep
Attached Thumbnails Random stuff - the anything else thread-image.jpeg  
Old Dec 10th 2016, 8:32 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

At London Drugs today and a guy was flipping out about dispensing fees.

Lady at the desk looked like she was on the verge of tears over his scream fest.

As we were leaving he was at the front of the store yelling at another employee.

Oh how some people treat others so poorly.
Old Dec 10th 2016, 8:34 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Yep
Perfect. I wonder if the physio people can attach it when they adjust it for her.

It might be a bit awkward going through doorways, although maybe it's a good way to rip up a carpet I'd like to see gone.
Old Dec 10th 2016, 8:40 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
At London Drugs today and a guy was flipping out about dispensing fees.

Lady at the desk looked like she was on the verge of tears over his scream fest.

As we were leaving he was at the front of the store yelling at another employee.

Oh how some people treat others so poorly.
I'd absolutely love to be present for something like that.

My stepdaughter complains about how some customers treat her.

Early in 2015 she went to get a customer something from the stockroom - at this point he appeared appreciative. As she was passing it to him he withdrew his hand as she released it and it fell on the floor.

He said something a long the lines of "A monkey could do your job...your mother must be so proud..."

This was two weeks after her mum died.
Old Dec 10th 2016, 9:37 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I'd absolutely love to be present for something like that.

My stepdaughter complains about how some customers treat her.

Early in 2015 she went to get a customer something from the stockroom - at this point he appeared appreciative. As she was passing it to him he withdrew his hand as she released it and it fell on the floor.

He said something a long the lines of "A monkey could do your job...your mother must be so proud..."

This was two weeks after her mum died.

Crass asshole.

I had a really bad cold and while at school a teacher said to me "Does your Mother know you are too ill to be here?" to which I replied "That would be a little difficult seeing as how she has been dead 4 years - and my step-mother a year".

Damn stupid people... they need to think before they open their insensitive gobs!
Old Dec 10th 2016, 12:57 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Siouxie

Crass asshole.....
Holy cow...I think we have a new abusive term. A crasshole.

Dammit...it's been done already
Old Dec 11th 2016, 4:07 am
Oscar nominated

So visiting MIL at the hospital this morning, her room mate is a slip of a thing who pops out for an occasional smoke.

Given the -15 (feels like -25) temperature I lent her my gloves.

Apparently she's been there a month and what may have been her dad was there when we arrived and the cards suggest she's not forgotten.

But it's been pretty cold for at least couple of weeks and very cold the last few days. Nobody thought to take her some gloves?

I just popped home for lunch and I'm taking a spare pair back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.