Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Dec 11th 2020, 7:29 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

I can't believe we are entering the modern age for car insurance in BC, starting May 2022. Finally joining the modern world.

Looks like it will start with renewals and go from there eventually offering more online services. To think I was able to do this in California way back in the olden days of 1998.

https://www.citynews1130.com/2020/12...line-may-2022/

*apparently BC is getting rid of the decals as well.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Dec 11th 2020 at 7:35 am.
Old Dec 12th 2020, 6:20 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

If the scan is correct, appears my Xpress Post item has taken a detour to Mississauga.

I did confirm with the other end they have not received it, but I am thinking maybe the tracking is messed up, but then it didn't get there between mailing Monday and Friday, and today a scan in Mississauga so it may very well be correct for all I know.

So far the 3 scans, when mailing, processed through Richmond, BC and then today Processed through Mississauga.

In theory it should never have gone east to get to Squamish, BC

Old Dec 12th 2020, 8:31 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
If the scan is correct, appears my Xpress Post item has taken a detour to Mississauga.

I did confirm with the other end they have not received it, but I am thinking maybe the tracking is messed up, but then it didn't get there between mailing Monday and Friday, and today a scan in Mississauga so it may very well be correct for all I know.

So far the 3 scans, when mailing, processed through Richmond, BC and then today Processed through Mississauga.

In theory it should never have gone east to get to Squamish, BC
I had an item posted in Mississauga sit in Burnaby BC for 8 days, before finally coming to Mississauga again - then Guelph, then Brampton - and finally to me! Crazy when you think Mississauga is less than an hour away! That was an item ordered from Walmart (Canada), in stock on 20th November and one of their not so good 'delivery' companies... arrived here 9th December!
Old Dec 12th 2020, 9:22 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I had an item posted in Mississauga sit in Burnaby BC for 8 days, before finally coming to Mississauga again - then Guelph, then Brampton - and finally to me! Crazy when you think Mississauga is less than an hour away! That was an item ordered from Walmart (Canada), in stock on 20th November and one of their not so good 'delivery' companies... arrived here 9th December!
I am used to some weird routings, but this one is a bit much to have been purposely done.

Old Dec 12th 2020, 9:41 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
I've put my foot down this season and I refused to cook another naffing turkey, so I'm going to try a rib roast/prime rib with Yorkshire puddings and some proper horseradish condiment. I would have loved to have rolled this past my best friend because he'd of have amazing opinions, probably even known where to dig up fresh horseradish but alas he went and died which is rubbish.
I'm sorry to hear about your friend, you'd think he'd have left you a note or something about prime rib. How about a proper rolled top sirloin? Prime rib can be a bit fatty, nobody likes a fatty at the table.
Old Dec 12th 2020, 10:46 am
Account Closed

This senior got kind of hooped, a mere $4 too much per month from her CPP/OAS/GIS took her over the cut off for the provincial supplement, $4 cost her $300.

Not sure how seniors can survive well on even 1,500 a month in BC, rent in most places would eat that, and can't guarantee getting subsidized units and the senior rent assistance isn't exactly great either.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...hold-1.5838101
Old Dec 12th 2020, 1:55 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
This senior got kind of hooped, a mere $4 too much per month
My initial thought is someone has to look at her income tax and find enough deductions to make her eligible. My second thought is the government will buckle in the face of the mighty CBC and pay her out quick as they can. She is exactly the person the benefit is intended for and Trudeau won't want to be fielding any questions about her.
Old Dec 13th 2020, 2:16 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
My initial thought is someone has to look at her income tax and find enough deductions to make her eligible. My second thought is the government will buckle in the face of the mighty CBC and pay her out quick as they can. She is exactly the person the benefit is intended for and Trudeau won't want to be fielding any questions about her.

Same thing happened here a few years ago. The disability supplement in NB is a lump sum - $1000, I think - paid to those who qualify for social assistance.
Someone had his employee pension increase by about $5 a month and it took him just over the assistance level and he lost the $1000. The rule was quickly changed...but only in a way that benefited him, not anyone else...or at least no one else making the newspaper.
Old Dec 13th 2020, 4:35 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by caretaker
Originally Posted by BristolUK

Same thing happened here a few years ago. The disability supplement in NB is a lump sum - $1000, I think - paid to those who qualify for social assistance.
Someone had his employee pension increase by about $5 a month and it took him just over the assistance level and he lost the $1000. The rule was quickly changed...but only in a way that benefited him, not anyone else...or at least no one else making the newspaper.
Similar issues were coming up with CERB, employers were not laying their staff off in some cases but giving them very part-time hours, so they would make like 1,010, or 1,100 making them now ineligible for CERB, so they were actually worse off working but if one stayed under 999.99 they could still get CERB so would bring in almost 3,000k for the month.

Old Dec 13th 2020, 3:10 pm
Account Closed

Time flies. Hard to believe it's been 21 years since my grandfather died, seems like yesterday. Seems like yesterday getting that call at 3am from my dad.
Old Dec 14th 2020, 2:17 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Wait till the end

Old Dec 14th 2020, 6:10 am
Account Closed

Now tracking it just item delayed, stay tuned.

I did check with the other party, and they confirmed it has not arrived.

It's been 7 days as of today and counting. I so will never send anything time sensitive with Canada Post ever again.

Old Dec 14th 2020, 11:03 am
Account Closed

Old Dec 14th 2020, 12:52 pm
Account Closed

I have noticed the pet store employees with the exception of one store are not as friendly as Vancouver, nor as interesting....
Old Dec 14th 2020, 5:54 pm
Account Closed

Nice little pond. American's don't realize how good they have it sometimes when it comes to being able to do this sort of thing so cheap.

I was bored today, and it would cost roughly $250 to $300 to do the same here....

This guys has a fish basement complete with 300 gallon indoor pond.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.