Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Nov 13th 2016, 4:26 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

That seems decent of them, it isn't something they can control. My friend caught a beer bottle in the back once in a bar from one of the girls we had to keep moving out of the lobby at conventions, but that was the worst, and we were in their bar anyway. I used to tell them if you have a room to go to I don't care, but no trolling, Once outside the parkade a pimp said something about it but I think I just said sorry that's the rules.
Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Had to back in 2010 when in San Diego take a 8 week paid leave because I got in the middle of a fight in our lobby when 2 gangsters were fighting, was threatened with bodily harm, so the company forced me to take 2 months paid leave as a just in case.

Last edited by caretaker; Nov 13th 2016 at 4:29 pm.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 2:16 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Oddly it is pretty common for people to end up in the hallway locked out of their room naked, haven't figured out how so many manage to do that.
I managed it at a B&B once. 1980. Middle of the night went to the bathroom across the landing leaving the bedroom door slightly ajar to get back in but I heard it close just as I entered the bathroom.

Had to knock on the door to rouse my mate, going back to the bathroom in case the occupants of the next room came out instead.

Took about three goes.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 2:47 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Oddly it is pretty common for people to end up in the hallway locked out of their room naked, haven't figured out how so many manage to do that.
When I did that I walked along to the elevators and used the phone there to call down to the lobby and explain the situation. "No problem" said the helpful front desk person "just come to the desk and show some i.d.".
Old Nov 14th 2016, 4:50 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
That's nice. What about if you went into Emerge, got checked over/repaired/sent home as it's only bruised ribs etc and they gave a prescription for percocet or something?

My mother in law tells me that in Quebec she had to pay $2 for a dressing when her husband was treated.
They would give you a couple of tablets or whatever to ride you over until you can get to a pharmacy. Or with an inhaler if you take a couple of puffs there then it's provided.

Crutches and slings you pay for. Plaster of Paris cast is free, fibre glass you pay for.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 4:55 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sick of Christmas music. Christmas drags on here like the iced hockey season.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 4:58 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daveincolchester
A couple of years ago, my wife had a heart attack, she spent a week in Western Hospital in London Ontario getting stents and other treatments.

When she was discharged, we were given a prescription which we filled at the pharmacy on the ground floor.

It was just over $800.00

Is your information first hand from personal experience or did we get ripped off?
Medications started in hospital, ie a course of antibiotics. Ongoing meds such as painkillers, statins, etc you would pay for

Hospitals watch their budgets.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 6:59 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I'm sick of Christmas music. Christmas drags on here like the iced hockey season.

Old Nov 14th 2016, 7:10 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by bats
Crutches and slings you pay for. ...fibre glass you pay for....Ongoing meds such as painkillers, statins, etc you would pay for

Hospitals watch their budgets.
Not that I want to return to the topic of hospital parking fees but without that resource, how much more would we pay for...laundry services?
Old Nov 14th 2016, 7:12 am
Assimilated Pauper

Yes, I was in the mall, fetching coffee. I've heard the dozen acceptable Christmas songs enough times for this season, thanks.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 7:17 am
Oscar nominated

Yes, I was in the mall, fetching coffee. I've heard the dozen acceptable Christmas songs enough times for this season, thanks.
It's tempting...but I'll let you off.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 7:56 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

One of my neighbours already has the lights up and on.

Up, I can understand. On, not so much, unless the lights are plugged into the porch light.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 8:07 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a moderator on a British fishing forum and I told them no Christmas music until December or I'd give warning points.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 9:42 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by caretaker
I'm a moderator on a British fishing forum
I read that as if there was a T where there isn't.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 9:49 am
limey party pooper

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Not that I want to return to the topic of hospital parking fees but without that resource, how much more would we pay for...laundry services?
It would be fewer staff. I'm sure.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 2:42 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

CBC forum: Why do we still need food banks in a province like B.C.? - British Columbia - CBC News

If anyone in Vancouver is interested. There is a forum tomorrow the 15th in Vancouver on food banks in BC.

Talks about role of food banks in BC, and what can be done to reduce their need.

Tickets are apparently free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.