Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Mar 25th 2018, 4:12 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

The first time she was too young for rabies so was exempt from needing it to cross.

Now they at times ask for a copy of her rabies which we always have but most of the time the time they never ask to see it.

Same with going into the US, sometimes they ask but most of the time dont.

Originally Posted by bats
That does sound fun. Good for you for taking advantage of it, I'm sure I'd have been a boring old fart and stayed at home.

And talking of travelling, what paperwork did you need for your dog when you crossed the border? Just a rabies certificate?
Old Mar 26th 2018, 12:40 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
The first time she was too young for rabies so was exempt from needing it to cross.

Now they at times ask for a copy of her rabies which we always have but most of the time the time they never ask to see it.

Same with going into the US, sometimes they ask but most of the time dont.
That's what I thought so thanks for confirming it. You can't take dog food can you?i don't want him to have the squits from having a new food.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 12:44 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
It was nice. I went somewhere pretty much weekly on my days off.

Once took a red eye to NYC had breakfast went to empire state building, world trade center, times square and statue of liberty, got dinner and took a 7pm flight back home to west coast.

When I lived in Phoenix a group of us from work all had Fri to Sun off so would fly down to Mexico almost weekly. I was early 20s then.

The airline I worked for was very generous could fly anywhere we flew free.

International was free but did require payment of some taxes.

We had 100 some odd agreements with other airlines as well.

Could for example fly on British Airways for $50 each way at the time. But I never went to Europe.

Ahh the good ole days of having freedom to travel.

We were not paid well but the flight benefits kept people around. I started in 1998 at 6.04 per hour.

When I left in 2003 I was up to 8.83 per hour.

They also provided single employees 100% healthcare no monthly premiums or co pays.

Pay was low but benfits were good.

All the flights I took would have been 150 or 200k if I had to purchase tickets. Had a lot of first class flights since we would be upgraded if room was available in first.
When I worked for a travel company, in London, team lunches were usually in Venice as the timing of the flights worked ideally. A colleague would arrange a free weekend for two somewhere romantic once a month or so and, early in the week before the trip, set off to the pub to find someone to go with. He had quite the run of luck with that approach.

Since we could give some trips away my parents went for a trip somewhere in the eastern bloc, Bulgaria I think. I recall my Mother being astonished that, in that country "they don't point their brickwork".
Old Mar 26th 2018, 12:46 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
That's what I thought so thanks for confirming it. You can't take dog food can you?i don't want him to have the squits from having a new food.
You can't? When we were up and down to Buffalo a lot we always bought as much dog food as we had room for, no one ever said anything about it.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 1:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Food products from Canada, including pet food and fresh (frozen or chilled), cooked, canned or otherwise processed products containing beef, veal, bison, and cervid (e.g., deer, elk, moose, caribou, etc.) are now permitted from Canada in passenger baggage. Products containing sheep, lamb, or goat are prohibited and will not be allowed entry.

Travelers must provide proof of the origin of beef, pork, poultry, cervid meat, and pet food in order to bring them into the United States. Examples of proof of origin include the grocery store receipt where the product was purchased or the label on the product indicating the Province in which it was packaged.

USDA APHIS | Canadian Agricultural Products
Old Mar 26th 2018, 1:41 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Food products from Canada, including pet food and fresh (frozen or chilled), cooked, canned or otherwise processed products containing beef, veal, bison, and cervid (e.g., deer, elk, moose, caribou, etc.) are now permitted from Canada in passenger baggage. Products containing sheep, lamb, or goat are prohibited and will not be allowed entry.

Travelers must provide proof of the origin of beef, pork, poultry, cervid meat, and pet food in order to bring them into the United States. Examples of proof of origin include the grocery store receipt where the product was purchased or the label on the product indicating the Province in which it was packaged.

USDA APHIS | Canadian Agricultural Products
Oh good, he's on a chicken and rice variety now so I'll take a small bag.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 3:12 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

A French waiter fired for being “aggressive, rude and disrespectful” says his behaviour wasn’t out of line – he’s just French.

Old Mar 26th 2018, 8:29 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

After watching the England football fans ugly behavior in Amsterdam and the cheating by the Australian national cricket team it was nice to enjoy the recent Players Championship� snooker tournament over the weekend. No hooliganism, no abusive language, no chanting from the crowd, not one the player took a dive, no ball tampering or any of players talking smack to each other. Just hushed silence and reverence on every shot. I think both the football and cricket authorities could learn some important lessons from snooker.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
After watching the England football fans ugly behavior in Amsterdam and the cheating by the Australian national cricket team it was nice to enjoy the recent Players Championship� snooker tournament over the weekend. No hooliganism, no abusive language, no chanting from the crowd, not one the player took a dive, no ball tampering or any of players talking smack to each other. Just hushed silence and reverence on every shot. I think both the football and cricket authorities could learn some important lessons from snooker.
Bore everyone rigid and there’ll be no trouble?
Old Mar 26th 2018, 9:58 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
Bore everyone rigid and there’ll be no trouble?
Are you not excited watching men playing with their balls?
Old Mar 27th 2018, 2:24 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

What to bring:
Attached Thumbnails Random stuff - the anything else thread-what_to_bring.png  
Old Mar 27th 2018, 10:38 am
limey party pooper

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Are you not excited watching men playing with their balls?
ive heard rumours of ball tampering
Old Mar 27th 2018, 11:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Living in Vancouver is stressful.
Old Mar 28th 2018, 3:15 am
Oscar nominated

I had a wisdom tooth out this morning.

My mouth is slightly crooked.
Old Mar 28th 2018, 7:14 am
Account Closed

Difficult to arrange a medical appointment when the doctor is booking 4 months out, and my work schedule only gets released in 3 week increments.

No possible way I can predict when I'll be available 4 months from now...

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Mar 28th 2018 at 7:23 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.