Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Mar 16th 2018, 10:29 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Sometimes I am too nice I think.
I've just been through some trouble and been quite angry, spoken plainly (possibly been rude) and it wasn't good. I recognise that I can have a bad temper and I'm going to try to make the effort to be nice. Granted, there are some people you just can't do anything with... but that's another thread, on another board.
Old Mar 16th 2018, 1:35 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Too nice to say no to people....ha ha..

Thats how I end up working my shift 12 to 12 today and then 0400 to 0900 and then 1700 to 0100 Saturday...

At least I can fit in 3 hours sleep before starting again at 4 and 5 hours before coming back at 1700.

I have not done such a schedule since my 20s...lol

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Comfortable with who you are. That's what's important.
Old Mar 16th 2018, 7:33 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Too nice to say no to people....ha ha..

Thats how I end up working my shift 12 to 12 today and then 0400 to 0900 and then 1700 to 0100 Saturday...

At least I can fit in 3 hours sleep before starting again at 4 and 5 hours before coming back at 1700.

I have not done such a schedule since my 20s...lol

Ugh, that's awful! I thought mine was bad with 2pm-2am, 1pm-3am and then back on again at 3pm tomorrow.. but at least I get some decent sleep time. Meals are a different story though, sigh.

Get some rest JS, you'll burn yourself out!

Old Mar 16th 2018, 11:37 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Luckily its a one off thing and not typical.

My normal shift is 12 noon to 12:30am. 4 one week and 3 the next.

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Ugh, that's awful! I thought mine was bad with 2pm-2am, 1pm-3am and then back on again at 3pm tomorrow.. but at least I get some decent sleep time. Meals are a different story though, sigh.

Old Mar 17th 2018, 12:07 pm
Account Closed

I survived the the morning. Only one flight so I was able to leave at 0700 instead of 0900 so got about 6 hours sleep this morning to early afternoon.

Now 1700 to 0100 and I am off for 3 days.

Originally Posted by Siouxie

Old Mar 18th 2018, 9:27 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I'm due my routine/quarterly blood test any day now.

Those who have recurring ones will know they put a sticker on your medicare card at the hospital so you don't need a requisition form every time.

The last time I went, the date on the sticker was about to expire so they did a new one.

I've just noticed that not only did they copy the details, they copied the same bloody expiry date.

Hopefully their system will show the last input from a new requisition form and they won't treat it as expired.
Old Mar 19th 2018, 2:07 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

A death simply waiting to happen...
Uber halts self-driving car tests after death - BBC News
Wonder if the 'driver' will be charged with anything. Victim was not using a pedestrian crossing so it'll be her fault of course. A licence to kill anyone not using a ped crossing perhaps.
I guess they'll put the car in prison, take it's wheels away or simply clamp it.
On a more serious note, it's folly to expect a system like Uber's to be 100 percent perfect all the time, after all people aren't, so should autonomous vehicles be allowed at all?
I vote No.
Old Mar 19th 2018, 2:57 pm
Account Closed

1.54 liter gas is.
Old Mar 19th 2018, 3:56 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

1.54 liter gas is.
Lucky you ride a scooter.
Old Mar 19th 2018, 4:20 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Oink
Lucky you ride a scooter.
True true. But even a scooter the cost is like 10 dollars every 4 days...lol
Old Mar 19th 2018, 4:27 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

True true. But even a scooter the cost is like 10 dollars every 4 days...lol
But the weather is only going to get better and riding will be more fun. Just stay safe.
Old Mar 19th 2018, 4:49 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Oink
But the weather is only going to get better and riding will be more fun. Just stay safe.
I actually feel safer and less stress on the scooter vs driving a car...

But yes I do my best to stay safe, the cars on the road seem to lose all common sense when they see a scooter especially when they are turning left. I am very wary of cars waiting to turn left.

Riding in winter really was not too bad. Just have to dress appropriately.

There were about 10 days in total from Nov to Feb where I didnt feel safe riding due to snow however but there is Evo for such days.
Old Mar 20th 2018, 8:15 am
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j
A death simply waiting to happen...
Uber halts self-driving car tests after death - BBC News
Wonder if the 'driver' will be charged with anything. Victim was not using a pedestrian crossing so it'll be her fault of course. A licence to kill anyone not using a ped crossing perhaps.
I guess they'll put the car in prison, take it's wheels away or simply clamp it.
On a more serious note, it's folly to expect a system like Uber's to be 100 percent perfect all the time, after all people aren't, so should autonomous vehicles be allowed at all?
I vote No.
Early indications are that there was no fault on the part of the Uber self-driving software nor the supervising driver. The collision may have been impossible for any driver, human or machine, to avoid once the pedestrian had stepped out into the road. It appears the victim may have been a homeless person, wheeling a bicycle "festooned with plastic carrier bags," who stepped out onto the roadway suddenly. Desperately sad, of course, but not likely to stop the development of autonomous vehicles, nor their operation on public roads, for more than a day or two.
Old Mar 21st 2018, 1:01 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I'm due my routine/quarterly blood test any day now. Those who have recurring ones will know they put a sticker on your medicare card at the hospital so you don't need a requisition form every time.

The last time I went, the date on the sticker was about to expire so they did a new one. I've just noticed that not only did they copy the details, they copied the same bloody expiry date.

Hopefully their system will show the last input from a new requisition form and they won't treat it as expired.
No such luck.

Whether they genuinely can't look back and see that on 11th January a new requisition form with recurring tests resulted in data input meaning it can't possibly expire only 3 weeks later or whether the one I saw (a phlebotomist helping out on registration) had less knowledge of the system than others, I don't know.

I have to see my doc and get another one, two months after the last one.
Easy mistake, of course. But next time I will check before leaving.
Old Mar 21st 2018, 2:33 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I was checking highway cams and caught the sun coming up from the foot of Anarchist Mountain.
Attached Thumbnails Random stuff - the anything else thread-anarchist.jpg  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.