Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Dec 3rd 2017, 12:42 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Root canal tomorrow morning. Yippee.
I had one of those once. I had it done at a dental hospital as I didn't have the dosh. The dentist was nice enough, I don't remember any sound but it took two sessions in the chair and that chair was in one of many cubicles in an old Victorian ward on Grays Inn Road. He put in what was supposed to be a temporary filling but it lasted a good twenty years.
Old Dec 3rd 2017, 3:19 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
You know what makes a great beef burger? A burger where they ask you how you want it cooked. One pound of meat, seared to the point where you get a hard black crust and red in the middle. A little lettuce leaf, thin slice of tomato to humour the meat. A little red sauce and mayonnaise on a poppy seed kaiser roll. Unfortunately if you live anywhere outside the NY tristate area they serve you some emaciated, special needs burger that they dress up to compensate the inadequacy of the scam they’re trying to pull off. No one’s fooling nobody.
The only burgers I eat nowadays are ones I make myself, I can't stand the excuse for a burger most places sell.

A Chicago sear would give you that result - blackened outside, medium rare in the middle - not quite as rare as I would like it, but very tasty non-the-less. There used to be a great burger place in Brighton, a static food truck down an alley way, where you could get your burger cooked to order.... they were the best.

I miss that place.
Old Dec 3rd 2017, 3:27 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Root canal tomorrow morning. Yippee.
Ouch. Good luck and hope it goes smoothly.

Oh I wish I could own a house and have cool things...

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Dec 3rd 2017 at 4:48 pm.
Old Dec 3rd 2017, 10:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I think this traveller got the wrong concept of what a shuttle bus is and how to use one

Someone stole a shuttle bus at Edmonton International Airport and drove it to the West Edmonton Mall on Sunday evening.
RCMP Sgt. Jack Poitras confirmed one person was arrested near the 178th Street entrance to the mall around 6 p.m.
Suspect steals shuttle bus from airport, drives it to West Edmonton Mall - Edmonton - CBC News
Old Dec 3rd 2017, 11:04 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
I think this traveller got the wrong concept of what a shuttle bus is and how to use one

Someone stole a shuttle bus at Edmonton International Airport and drove it to the West Edmonton Mall on Sunday evening.
RCMP Sgt. Jack Poitras confirmed one person was arrested near the 178th Street entrance to the mall around 6 p.m.
Suspect steals shuttle bus from airport, drives it to West Edmonton Mall - Edmonton - CBC News
I think that traveller is lucky he didn't get his brains blown out as a potential terrorist.
Old Dec 4th 2017, 1:26 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Pah, root canal is not a big deal. The surgery to remove the broken files after the root canal goes wrong, that's a big deal.
I thought that was a typo when I read that first. But having got back home and looked for videos of the procedure I see they really are files.
Video for anyone interested.

Old Dec 4th 2017, 2:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

I thought that was a typo when I read that first. But having got back home and looked for videos of the procedure I see they really are files.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az7Zo3pjX2E
Been there many times, a rather sweaty procedure for all parties involved
Old Dec 4th 2017, 2:15 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pica
Been there many times, a rather sweaty procedure for all parties involved
Due to the cost of attempting to remove the file, and the lack of likelihood of success, I had the tooth removed and a bridge built. Generally I don't like to oversee professionals closely, if I've hired a plumber I let him of her plumb. However when the assistant to the root canalist said "we don't have one of those files" and the canalist said "that one will do" I should have protested. It didn't do!
Old Dec 4th 2017, 2:36 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
...However when the assistant to the root canalist said "we don't have one of those files" and the canalist said "that one will do" I should have protested. It didn't do!
Thah woo ah bi ah bi ifficul
Old Dec 4th 2017, 6:10 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Why on earth would anyone want to be a dentist?
Old Dec 4th 2017, 6:23 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty

Last edited by Siouxie; Dec 4th 2017 at 6:49 am.
Old Dec 4th 2017, 6:31 am
Oscar nominated

@ Siouxie

I saw the youtube box and before the clip appeared I was sure it was going to be this one

Old Dec 4th 2017, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
I asked my lovely UK dentist that very question. She said "I like fiddling about" - fair enough.
Old Dec 4th 2017, 8:49 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

I thunk chocolate makes me miserable. Can sugar make you miserable?
Old Dec 4th 2017, 8:53 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
I thunk chocolate makes me miserable. Can sugar make you miserable?
Of course, aren't you medically trained?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.