Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Jul 30th 2017, 5:25 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

Trying to find a reasonably priced 3 bedroom cottage on the waterfront anywhere around Lake Huron (or even a small inland lake) is proving impossible. They are either not on the water (or have obscured views), fully booked or too damn expensive - or in the middle of nowhere surrounded by forest and where there be bears (my worst nightmare). Having a 'sisters' week - and my first holiday in more than 10 years - at a cottage this September is beginning to look doubtful.

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 30th 2017 at 5:28 am.
Old Jul 30th 2017, 5:56 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Trying to find a reasonably priced 3 bedroom cottage on the waterfront anywhere around Lake Huron (or even a small inland lake) is proving impossible. They are either not on the water (or have obscured views), fully booked or too damn expensive - or in the middle of nowhere surrounded by forest and where there be bears (my worst nightmare). Having a 'sisters' week - and my first holiday in more than 10 years - at a cottage this September is beginning to look doubtful.
Your worst nightmare?? They arent going to eat you if you arent daft...and I know you certainly arent that! Dont come to the Rockies or BC then .. Mine would be a large field of Brussels sprouts

Left it a bit late to book though didnt you?....just saying
Old Jul 30th 2017, 6:02 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Your worst nightmare?? They arent going to eat you if you arent daft...and I know you certainly arent that! Dont come to the Rockies or BC then .. Mine would be a large field of Brussels sprouts

Left it a bit late to book though didnt you?....just saying
My worst nightmare.. standing outside in the dark, in a forested area.. with bears around. Yup. I'm a wuss.
My sister has literally just decided to come over from the UK for a month in September (she booked her ticket at the end of last week), so as I don't have 2nd sight (well, not that I'm admitting to anyway), it was a little difficult to anticipate that I'd need a cottage in September, lol.

Be that as it may, I still need to find one... so if anyone has a nice 3 bedroom cottage overlooking a lake, perhaps with a bit of beach, a kayak or similar provided and preferably with wifi - in a 'not too isolated and not completely surrounded by forests' area - then let me know! (Somehow I'm doubting it, lol)

Old Jul 30th 2017, 7:02 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

My worst nightmare.. standing outside in the dark, in a forested area.. with bears around. Yup. I'm a wuss.
My sister has literally just decided to come over from the UK for a month in September (she booked her ticket at the end of last week), so as I don't have 2nd sight (well, not that I'm admitting to anyway), it was a little difficult to anticipate that I'd need a cottage in September, lol.

Be that as it may, I still need to find one... so if anyone has a nice 3 bedroom cottage overlooking a lake, perhaps with a bit of beach, a kayak or similar provided and preferably with wifi - in a 'not too isolated and not completely surrounded by forests' area - then let me know! (Somehow I'm doubting it, lol)

I have just the place,
Good sized cabin- check
Not too foresty- check
Good Wi-fi-check
Lakeside -check
Great place to launch the cabin's kayaks-check
No b..... Oh, ok, better forget this one.
Attached Thumbnails Random stuff - the anything else thread-image.jpeg  
Old Jul 30th 2017, 12:16 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
If, as I suspect, you bought your wife a Corvette as a present, well done mate! The best I've done, so far, is an MG Midget with some cosmetic issues.
I thought you might get it!

It's a 1984 lidless, although most of the engine is much newer. The Boy (who knows about cars) found it (father of one of his best mates). He checked it out carefully.

There are some minor interior issues, which I guess you'd expect from an old car, but the bodywork is immaculate and the mechanicals are, apparently, 'smashing'. First time I ever heard a franco use that word.

My missus is well-amused. She's turning heads. People do not expect to see a 55-year old woman driving a beast like that.

Bastard to park though, it seems. The nose is so long, the driver can't really tell where the car ends.
Old Jul 30th 2017, 1:11 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvy
Bastard to park though, it seems. The nose is so long, the driver can't really tell where the car ends.
You wanna get her some kerb feelers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curb_f...lack_sedan.jpg
Old Jul 30th 2017, 1:21 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
You wanna get her some kerb feelers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curb_f...lack_sedan.jpg
Either that or just switch on the headlights. They flip up, so that's basically the front of the car, I guess.
Old Jul 30th 2017, 2:06 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Trying to find a reasonably priced 3 bedroom cottage on the waterfront
I thought for a minute you were leaving The Hammer.
anywhere around Lake Huron (or even a small inland lake) is proving impossible.
You've considered Erie of course?
- or in the middle of nowhere surrounded by forest and where there be bears (my worst nightmare).
Stayed in a place like that in NS back in 75. The outhouse was about 50 yards from the cabin.
Old Jul 30th 2017, 2:07 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

iPhone users try this, it actually works

All you need to do is tell Siri the following:

"I see a little silhouetto of a man,”

Your iPhone will recite the lyrics to the classic Queen song back to you.

Last edited by magnumpi; Jul 30th 2017 at 2:40 pm.
Old Jul 30th 2017, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
iPhone users try this, it actually works

All you need to do is tell Siri the following:

"I see a little silhouetto of a man,”

Your iPhone will recite the lyrics to the classic Queen song back to you.
Why would anyone bother to do this ?
Old Jul 30th 2017, 8:32 pm

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pica
Because it can be done
Old Jul 30th 2017, 8:55 pm
I need a walk

Originally Posted by Pica
Don't be such a grump, it isn't like you to be so

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Because it can be done
Well I liked it- of course I tried it on my Android google voice thing and it just linked it with the song
Old Jul 30th 2017, 9:17 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Don't be such a grump...Well I liked it...it just linked it with the song...
A useful tool...but not for this song

Old Jul 30th 2017, 9:39 pm

This is why the iPhone was invented, its use is now known to the world. S Jobs can RIP now :@)
Old Jul 30th 2017, 11:18 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Dumpy, Sleazy, Gropey, Stupid and Schlock.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.