Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old May 28th 2021, 6:28 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57282167

Old May 28th 2021, 6:45 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

He added he would "seek assistance" - without elaborating on what this would involve or what he would seek help for.
I imagine it would be with a view to avoiding a third instance, one where he might
Spoiler:
as if I'd suggest what you're thinking

Old May 28th 2021, 9:07 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Shocking

https://cfjctoday.com/2021/05/27/tkemlups-confirms-bodies-of-215-children-buried-at-former-kamloops-indian-residential-school-site/

Tk’emlups confirms bodies of 215 children buried at former Kamloops Indian Residential School site

The band confirmed Thursday (May 27) it has found the remains of 215 children buried on the site of the former Kamloops Indian Residential School.The children, some as young as three, were students at the school, which was once the largest in Canada’s residential school system.

Casimir says it’s believed the deaths are undocumented, though the Secwepemc Museum’s archivist is working with the Royal British Columbia Museum to see if any records of the deaths can be found.

Last edited by Siouxie; May 28th 2021 at 9:09 pm.
Old May 28th 2021, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Shocking

https://cfjctoday.com/2021/05/27/tkemlups-confirms-bodies-of-215-children-buried-at-former-kamloops-indian-residential-school-site/

Tk’emlups confirms bodies of 215 children buried at former Kamloops Indian Residential School site

The band confirmed Thursday (May 27) it has found the remains of 215 children buried on the site of the former Kamloops Indian Residential School.The children, some as young as three, were students at the school, which was once the largest in Canada’s residential school system.

Casimir says it’s believed the deaths are undocumented, though the Secwepemc Museum’s archivist is working with the Royal British Columbia Museum to see if any records of the deaths can be found.
Yes, it's bad, and there is more to come.

They think there may be many more bodies to be found, as it was the largest Residential School in Canada, and had 500 students a year at times.

Children were brought from many parts of BC to that school, and they know some also came from outside the Province.

I'm not sure from what I read this morning whether they are actually going to dig up the bones or not. The grounds of the school are already named in memory of the children and are currently closed to the public.

They are called the Missing Children, and they are only known about from family stories. Many children didn't return home after being at a residential school, but went to other places (ie big cities) and didn't make contact with family. Then there are these poor children who died and were buried without any recognition.

A lot came out during the Reconciliation hearings.

Similar cases happened at other Residential schools all across Canada (and possibly also at such schools in other countries ..... the US had a similar system of Residential Schools).

It's going to be like the babies in the garden cases in Ireland, only much larger numbers.
Old May 29th 2021, 12:33 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by scilly
It's going to be like the babies in the garden cases in Ireland, only much larger numbers.
Yes. Very much like that. I believe my first cousin to be likely one of those although even now there is nothing concrete to say so. Tommy.Irene who was a long time member of BE, before passing away , was kind and helpful with this.

My heart goes out to the communities and families . Very difficult . At least it is now right out there.
Old Jun 1st 2021, 10:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Only thing worse with hot weather, is hot weather and stuck on heater..... Maybe one day they will get it fixed.

Old Jun 2nd 2021, 6:26 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

My neighbour got home last night from a week of bear hunting. I haven't talked to him yet so don't know if he got one. Normally I'd ask him to save me a steak, but they're usually pretty skinny in the spring after hibernation.
Old Jun 2nd 2021, 6:51 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
My neighbour got home last night from a week of bear hunting. I haven't talked to him yet so don't know if he got one. Normally I'd ask him to save me a steak, but they're usually pretty skinny in the spring after hibernation.

But they make a great stew.
Old Jun 2nd 2021, 7:18 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
But they make a great stew.
Rash generalisation; there are probably a few who couldn't boil water.
Old Jun 2nd 2021, 10:13 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Rash generalisation; there are probably a few who couldn't boil water.
Some can manage porridge though. At least one out of three is just right.
Old Jun 2nd 2021, 10:17 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Can you read again the part where that little cow burns her mouth on my porridge?
Old Jun 3rd 2021, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Can you read again the part where that little cow burns her mouth on my porridge?
Just brilliant
Old Jun 5th 2021, 10:19 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Some of the kids in the complex are trouble makers, some seem to have parents who pay no attention to what they are doing.

A couple of them just went around and spray painted trees pink, not the entire tree obviously.
Old Jun 6th 2021, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Any NHs/data experts?

According to google the NHS only retains your records for 8 years after they were last active, so I shouldn’t need to opt out of this data centralization thing, right? (Coming up to 10 years in Canada)

Old Jun 6th 2021, 11:34 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
Any NHs/data experts?

According to google the NHS only retains your records for 8 years after they were last active, so I shouldn’t need to opt out of this data centralization thing, right? (Coming up to 10 years in Canada)
Yep medical records are only kept for 8 years unless medicolegal, a child, mental health, obstetrics i think. What the data centralisation thing?centeal8sed health records? T3gats a good thing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.