Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Nov 17th 2020, 8:04 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

Some kids ride the bus....
Attached Files
File Type: mp4
whoa!.mp4 (2.64 MB, 23 views)
Old Nov 17th 2020, 8:20 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Dang they are up to PS5 now....I never owned any version, I just did not realize they were up to 5.

Last console I owned was a Nintendo the one from the 80's.

Old Nov 17th 2020, 9:29 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Oddly enough we bought a PS4 for our son last Christmas...he'd never asked for one and always said he didn't want one...but...we thought it might be one of our last family Christmases together, so we bought it...on an incredibly good offer. When C19 hit, he spent lots of time on it. I have thanked heaven on many occasions since then, so has he, he felt connected and played with friends...I used to wander from street to street, to chat with friends, and go to bars at his age...but it seems like our dancing days are over...All the PS tech prices have gone up he tells me now...

Last edited by MillieF; Nov 17th 2020 at 9:31 pm.
Old Nov 17th 2020, 9:34 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Dang they are up to PS5 now....I never owned any version, I just did not realize they were up to 5.

Last console I owned was a Nintendo the one from the 80's.
I only have the PS4 because I was issued one for work, I've never used it apart from that! The 2nd hand PS3 I asked for, because I wanted to play 'the beatles', 'guitar hero' 'singstar' and 'family friendly games on it LOL.. my hands don't work fast enough to play other stuff so much, these days.. though I used to enjoy the sports and rpg's.
Old Nov 17th 2020, 9:41 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I only have the PS4 because I was issued one for work, I've never used it apart from that! The 2nd hand PS3 I asked for, because I wanted to play 'the beatles', 'guitar hero' 'singstar' and 'family friendly games on it LOL.. my hands don't work fast enough to play other stuff so much, these days.. though I used to enjoy the sports and rpg's.

I always got too frustrated with video games when I was a kid, I don't know how many times I threw the controller at the TV lol

I never got much into video games though, and bored fairly quickly of them....ha ha
Old Nov 18th 2020, 10:06 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54976553

BoJo & Cummings make it into the Beano.

I love the fact that DC Thomson, publishers of the Beano, previously sent Jacob Rees-Mogg a 'cease-and-desist' request to stop copying Walter the Softy.

Old Nov 18th 2020, 4:20 pm
Account Closed

Had to cancel dentist, woke up with a sore throat, and it's a no go symptom on the screening they do.

Luckily the pain isn't bad maybe a 1.5 to 2 on the pain scale. But what a crummy day to wake up with a sore throat.
Old Nov 18th 2020, 5:09 pm
Account Closed

Looks like COVID is the final nail in the coffin for some marriages, seems some divorce lawyers are seeing an uptick in clients.

One of the worst things in my view for any relationship is being in the same space 24/7, all humans need personal space, and I can see how having kids at home, parents at home working, and nobody having personal space they need can really lead to issues.

It does for us, we get along 100% better when we are not together 24/7 in the same space.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/covid...ates-1.5795625
Old Nov 19th 2020, 2:11 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Imagine having a 5,000 year old chamber in your back garden.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trethevy_Quoit

Old Nov 19th 2020, 3:40 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Had to cancel dentist, woke up with a sore throat, and it's a no go symptom on the screening they do.

Luckily the pain isn't bad maybe a 1.5 to 2 on the pain scale. But what a crummy day to wake up with a sore throat.
Probably better than waking up with a sore bottom or is it?
Old Nov 19th 2020, 4:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Oink
Probably better than waking up with a sore bottom or is it?
That has never happened so I have no comparison.

The most extreme pain I ever experienced was a throat infection but luckily today's is very mild, mostly like caused by snoring, but these days places take any sign of illness super seriously for obvious reasons, and a dental environment is a higher risk environment too, because patients wear no masks, drilling and such sends crap into the air, you'd think dentist would all install HEPA filters, can get decent ones for around 1,200-1,300 so a dental office might need a few, but they make enough and can afford it.

Old Nov 20th 2020, 2:08 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Tell me why I still come back to BE? I used you, because I needed you. You all helped me move to Canada and deal with the after effects. In return I have tried to do my best over the years to offer succor and help to others, but is becoming quite clear that the gentle banter and good humoured exchange that I once enjoyed appears to have gone, or is it that I am becoming more cynical? In the event that it is the former, might you suggest a forum where I might go, and slowly bond in due course, if it's the latter it must be Adieu...I waited for the Archers to get better again, and it did. BE won't unless you/we want it to. What does one do...I waited, suggested, but this is meant to be pleasurable? Isn't it?

Old Nov 20th 2020, 8:57 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
Tell me why I still come back to BE? I used you, because I needed you. You all helped me move to Canada and deal with the after effects. In return I have tried to do my best over the years to offer succor and help to others, but is becoming quite clear that the gentle banter and good humoured exchange that I once enjoyed appears to have gone, or is it that I am becoming more cynical? In the event that it is the former, might you suggest a forum where I might go, and slowly bond in due course, if it's the latter it must be Adieu...I waited for the Archers to get better again, and it did. BE won't unless you/we want it to. What does one do...I waited, suggested, but this is meant to be pleasurable? Isn't it?
BE certainly isn't as busy as it used to be but that's true of almost all forums, due, I suspect, to the increased use of smart phones in lieu of keyboards for communicating. It's not as easy to post from a phone.

I left BE for a couple of years, but drifted back. There are some truly nice people on here and I do enjoy reading their thoughts and musings. I'm happy to keep hanging out here and posting my drivel.

Old Nov 20th 2020, 2:42 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Old Nov 20th 2020, 2:55 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B

Filthy old scrote.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.