Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Sep 29th 2020, 6:40 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

Originally Posted by caretaker
I quit a security job in a hospital once because of bodies. After office hours, and on weekends, I had to double as morgue attendant, and I didn't think minimum wage was worth it. It was a relatively easy job, other than that, and the occasional dust-up with drunks in emergency.
After hours at the morgue would be creepy...I don't think I could do it.

Old Sep 29th 2020, 7:01 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
After hours at the morgue would be creepy...I don't think I could do it.
There's a seriously creepy story behind this, but I'll tell it another time.
Old Sep 29th 2020, 7:50 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

When I was working the morgue was a small building separate from the lab, but the police had to attend coroners PMs, and it was common for new PC to be pranked. The favourite one was to tell the new PC to get on one of the trollies and be pushed into the morgue fridge as if he was a body, then when then door was opened he would jump out and shout suprise!. Well he got on one of the trollies and was pushed in. Now it's pitch black in there, and he hadn't been in more than a couple of monutes when a voice from the trolley next to him said 'It's a bit Bl**dy cold in here' result one PC shouting to be let out. He got of the trolly to find all his colleagues killing themselves laughing, then the PC got of the trolly next to him, where he had been placed before they came in. Was apparently a rite of passage for all new coroners PCs.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 6:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Who would of thought so much training was needed to fill soda cups, and to think now chains (well pre-covid) let customers even do it without any training....

Old Sep 30th 2020, 11:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I am wondering what Karla is on by asking this question to a 7 year old

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/real-lif...-olds-22765621

Perhaps the 7 year old should tell Karla to go and blank 3 words to be inserted and tell Karla I know how to buy a chocolate bar for my mums birthday

Last edited by Former Lancastrian; Sep 30th 2020 at 11:59 am.
Old Oct 1st 2020, 8:44 pm
Account Closed

The more of these articles that show up, the more condos seem like they are simply a pain, especially when the strata board chooses to do nothing, and residents are forced to sue to get repairs done.

Residents of this building have 60 days to secure the financing, ranging from 100,000 to 150,000 per unit for repairs, a judge has ordered.
Old Oct 1st 2020, 10:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

The rolls used in Subway's hot sandwiches contain too much sugar to be considered bread, according to Ireland's Supreme Court.

Ireland's highest court made the ruling in a case about how the bread is taxed.

An Irish franchisee of the US company had claimed it should not pay VAT on the rolls it uses in heated sandwiches.

But the court ruled that because of the level of sugar in the rolls they cannot be taxed as bread, which is classed as a "staple product" with zero VAT.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-54370056
Old Oct 1st 2020, 10:52 pm
Account Closed

The Cadbury Ad from other locations around the world.
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 3:30 am
Account Closed

One dead other injured after a dam's spillway gate opened unexpectedly during maintenance.

Swift water rescue technicians were deployed to help rescue people trapped by the sudden release of water.between 1:15 p.m. and 2:00 p.m the water rose almost 12 feet.

A leisurely day along the banks of a river can without warning become deadly.
Old Oct 3rd 2020, 1:46 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
I am wondering what Karla is on by asking this question to a 7 year old

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/real-lif...-olds-22765621

Perhaps the 7 year old should tell Karla to go and blank 3 words to be inserted and tell Karla I know how to buy a chocolate bar for my mums birthday

https://youtu.be/TfMt3HN8tuY
my husband loves that advert, strange for someone that doesn't really like kids.
Old Oct 3rd 2020, 2:22 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

https://youtu.be/XYejaGCjJl4

https://youtu.be/0XaUnenYHm0

https://youtu.be/tO0T_OEcnvY

The Cadbury Ad from other locations around the world.
Interesting. But somehow it seems wrong.
Old Oct 3rd 2020, 3:17 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

I think Pence has COVID but everyone is keeping it quiet.
Old Oct 3rd 2020, 3:35 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
But isn't he made out of plastic ?

Good theory. Given how many others have it then somewhat surprising.
Old Oct 3rd 2020, 5:36 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Danny B
I don't know how he could avoid it considering everyone around him is testing positive.

Wouldn't that be something if both got it, and both became incapacitated and unable to perform their duties.

Old Oct 3rd 2020, 6:03 pm
Yo

I don't know how he could avoid it considering everyone around him is testing positive.

Wouldn't that be something if both got it, and both became incapacitated and unable to perform their duties.
Good Morning President Pelosi !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.