Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old May 26th 2020, 6:40 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

I saw a squirrel fight this morning, you don't get that every day. It appeared to be one of a couple in residence squabbling with an interloper, though I'm sure the backstory is more involved than that.
Old May 26th 2020, 8:19 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
I saw a squirrel fight this morning, you don't get that every day. It appeared to be one of a couple in residence squabbling with an interloper, though I'm sure the backstory is more involved than that.
Have you seen that recent you tube video from Mark Rober (ex NASA engineer) who tries to build a squirrel proof bird feeder? it's quite funny to watch the little bastards figure it out.
Old May 26th 2020, 10:12 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Do you feel the same about Trudeau's travel over the Easter weekend too?
Yes. Dreadful. The same for David Clark NZ.

Lead by example.
Old May 26th 2020, 10:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Yes. Dreadful. The same for David Clark NZ.

Lead by example.
This guy sums it up quite well:

Old May 26th 2020, 10:22 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
This guy sums it up quite well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDnGQemzf2s

OK. You get karma. The delivery really made me laugh.
He rants for me & how I feel about those at ' the top' not doing the same hard yards as the common man.

Last edited by BEVS; May 26th 2020 at 10:25 pm.
Old May 26th 2020, 11:28 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

I saw one on Monday - a great pitched battle of a fight in my front garden - my son and I sat in the car for a good few minutes as we didn’t want to but in...a tiny little red one was giving the bashing of a lifetime to a big fat grey one...I thought the greys were the bad guys...evidently not on my plot!
Old May 26th 2020, 11:32 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure you're right about the backstory, I'd love to know what it is. Maybe the interloper was an angry neighbour complaining about their noisy party last night
Old May 26th 2020, 11:34 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
OK. You get karma. The delivery really made me laugh.
He rants for me & how I feel about those at ' the top' not doing the same hard yards as the common man.
He really gets to the heart of it! Consider subscribing to his (Jonathan Pie's) YouTube channel BEVS, he's absolutely hilarious.
Old May 27th 2020, 10:29 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
He really gets to the heart of it! Consider subscribing to his (Jonathan Pie's) YouTube channel BEVS, he's absolutely hilarious.
Oh this man put it perfectly! Captured exactly the feelings of a lot of people on the Clapham omnibus.

Thank you so much for posting this.
Old May 27th 2020, 4:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

OK it's a Sun article butA PIGEON has been detained by police on the India-Pakistan border after being accused of being a spy.

The alleged operative was found on the Indian side having been painted pink and was carrying around on its foot a ring with numbers on. Prosecutors will be asking that bail be denied as they consider it to be a flight risk.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/117212...-spy-pakistan/

Old May 27th 2020, 4:09 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
OK it's a Sun article butA PIGEON has been detained by police on the India-Pakistan border after being accused of being a spy.
The alleged operative was found on the Indian side having been painted pink and was carrying around on its foot a ring with numbers on. Prosecutors will be asking that bail be denied as they consider it to be a flight risk.
I'll call your Sun, and raise you the DM:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...harm-them.html
Old May 27th 2020, 7:12 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/117212...-spy-pakistan/
Obviously planning a Coop.
Old May 28th 2020, 7:09 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'd rather live somewhere hot and have air conditioning than live somewhere where it gets hot in summer but has no air conditioning.

Its only May and its already too warm for me...ha ha
Old May 29th 2020, 2:39 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Well dang this toaster from the olden days is neat.... I also now understand why my grandma always said never to stick a knife into a toaster, not sure if its as relevant to modern day toasters, but seems back then it was not wise. Grandma also said never to put fingers into a fan which I never fully understood either since my fingers didn't fit through the grates around the fan, but later in my childhood, I saw an olden day fan, and well that made sense finally too.

Old May 29th 2020, 7:36 pm
Account Closed

I think my indoor comfort temp is 20C, ha ha

It's 23.5C inside right now, all widows open, and fan on but goodness I feel hot. My wife is always cold, so we don't work so well in regards to temp..ha ha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.