Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Dec 29th 2019, 12:36 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Did you get the 'buy one take one home free' deal? (yes, I peeked)
No. They gave us the menus which included that offer but the choices were not what we wanted, plus tomorrow's dinner is already planned and I already have a big pot of 'leftover pork' curry.
Old Dec 29th 2019, 1:33 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I already have a big pot of 'leftover pork' curry.
Today I made leftover turkey curry with shredded Brussel sprouts. Traditional food for the time of year, according to the Guardian. Less so according to my taster "**** off, foreign muck with both salt and pepper in it?".
Old Dec 29th 2019, 10:58 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

No New Years fireworks in Vancouver this year.

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/new-...ed-december-31
Old Dec 31st 2019, 5:21 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Leaning tower of empties.

Old Dec 31st 2019, 7:10 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I never realized how young some family members actually were when I was a kid...lol.... They seemed old in the 80's but reality was they were only in their late 30's back then, and now I see posts from them on their pending retirements and a reminder they really were not old 30 years ago, but from the perspective of a child they certainly were, but then my parents seemed old too, and they were even younger in the 80's only turning 30 in 1988.

Old Dec 31st 2019, 7:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by caretaker
Leaning tower of empties.
At home or work?

When I was at the airport still one of the restricted hallways leading from the terminal that was behind one of the sit down bars would have empties piled up like this by end of the month until the truck came to get them.
Old Dec 31st 2019, 10:03 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
At home or at work?
This is at work, and this is day 6 of "hell week" for me; big shows for a week and tonight a NYE/Christmas party for the Russians. I needed the hours but it's been tough. I can just go check the place in the morning then take a day off.
Old Jan 1st 2020, 3:00 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Just about there...A Very Happy New Year! Let’s hope the new decade will be a kicker for all the right reasons
Old Jan 1st 2020, 8:04 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

The war has finished. It's flapper time. Bring in the 2020's
Old Jan 1st 2020, 3:10 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Oink
The war has finished. It's flapper time. Bring in the 2020's
At one point I half-woke thinking there was a fire-fight going on in the distance, then I realised it was just fireworks.
Old Jan 1st 2020, 4:28 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

We were wishing it were fireworks. Both hubby and our next door neighbor (military man) were armed because of the amount of gun fire in the neighborhood/area. They counted several 22's, a rifle or two, and I forgot the other name. It is the south after all.
Old Jan 1st 2020, 5:10 pm
Account Closed

The weather last night was bad with all the rain seemed to have kept people home. Quiestest New Years Midnight in the several years we have lived here.

There was also no fireworks and some New Years Eve events were cancelled so might have kept people home.

Originally Posted by caretaker
At one point I half-woke thinking there was a fire-fight going on in the distance, then I realised it was just fireworks.
Old Jan 3rd 2020, 2:17 am
Account Closed

I know why the police were here at the building for 4 hours this morning, some criminals broke in, seems they mostly stuck to stealing from the commercial spaces below, and the parking garage, but one resident was verbally assaulted and threatened as they left for work.

The strata really should hire security, but they wont spend the money.

This is the dark-side of Vancouver, live in this area long enough and you begin to hate Vancouver....

Old Jan 3rd 2020, 2:18 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Rete
We were wishing it were fireworks. Both hubby and our next door neighbor (military man) were armed because of the amount of gun fire in the neighborhood/area. They counted several 22's, a rifle or two, and I forgot the other name. It is the south after all.
Why was that happening ?

Old Jan 3rd 2020, 2:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BEVS
Why was that happening ?
Some people with guns in the US for whatever idiotic reason like to shoot guns off in the air to celebrate the new year, its illegal but that doesn't stop these idiots.

A nurse in Texas who was shooting off fireworks in her yard with family appears to have been struck by a stray bullet and was killed.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...atory-n1109311

Correction 2 deaths due to celebratory gunfire now, a women was killed in Ohio when her boyfriend decided to fire off some bullets to celebrate the new year, police did arrest him as it is illegal to do so.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6357182/n...atory-gunfire/

People seem to forget bullets that go up, must come down.

It's more rare in Canada but I have heard guns fired before here when I lived in smaller more redneck towns.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.