Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Random stuff - the anything else thread

Old Jun 21st 2019, 9:32 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random stuff - the anything else thread

I hate when I get a prescription that isn't covered by pharmacare.

For one of the prescriptions the filling fee is almost the cost of the drug itself. $10 filling fee for a $13.83 medication.

$20 in filling fees and $40 of medications, $60 in total.
Old Jun 22nd 2019, 6:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty cool video, taken at Jack Wattley discus. They have been breeding discus fish for a long time, although Jack died last fall at 96.

Must be an interesting job these fish breeders. Corey who made the video owns a fish store in WA state, people will drive from BC to his store for fish. Discus have always been my dream fish, ever since I was young.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Jun 22nd 2019 at 6:13 am.
Old Jun 22nd 2019, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I hate when I get a prescription that isn't covered by pharmacare.

For one of the prescriptions the filling fee is almost the cost of the drug itself. $10 filling fee for a $13.83 medication.

$20 in filling fees and $40 of medications, $60 in total.

I have one medication that costs $3.80 for a 3 month supply. Dispensing fee #10

Total cost to me $13.80

Old Jun 22nd 2019, 8:33 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I've just bought a tee shirt that needs ironing. That can't be right?
Old Jun 22nd 2019, 9:41 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Was there a flat fee?

Old Jun 22nd 2019, 10:32 pm
Account Closed

I have a couple that say the same. I however never iron them, they always look fine out of the dryer to me.

Originally Posted by Oink
Old Jun 23rd 2019, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

We iron very little .............we don't have a dryer, never have had one since we bought the house. Instead we have drying lines strung up in the laundry area in the basement and everything is hung to dry. shirts and blouses are put onto hangers, given a good shake and then hung.

Everything turns out fine.
Old Jun 23rd 2019, 3:33 am
Account Closed

Had to order a small replacement part for an item we have from the US as I couldn't find anywhere in Canada that sells it. Ordered from a place in Miami and shipping it to Pt. Roberts, Washington so I can get it quicker. Amazing how fast the USPS is, item picked up Saturday at 2pm and is scheduled for delivery in Pt. Roberts on Monday and only $3.95 in shipping charges.

Originally Posted by scilly
We iron very little .............we don't have a dryer, never have had one since we bought the house. Instead we have drying lines strung up in the laundry area in the basement and everything is hung to dry. shirts and blouses are put onto hangers, given a good shake and then hung.

Everything turns out fine.
If we had a house, I would certainly use the dryer less often, but in a condo its really the only feasible way to dry clothes.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Jun 23rd 2019 at 3:46 am.
Old Jun 23rd 2019, 6:27 am
Account Closed

This has happened before at airlines and boils down to people not doing their job to ensure the plane is empty before closing, however not sure how people sleep through all this.

Everywhere I have worked, the flight attendants are to do a sweep through the aircraft back to front, then before we as ground crew closed the plane assuming it wasn't being groomed first, also did a sweep back to front to ensure nobody was on-board before closing and sealing the doors.

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/21/73493..._medium=social

Old Jun 23rd 2019, 10:25 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

This has happened before at airlines and boils down to people not doing their job to ensure the plane is empty before closing, however not sure how people sleep through all this.

Everywhere I have worked, the flight attendants are to do a sweep through the aircraft back to front, then before we as ground crew closed the plane assuming it wasn't being groomed first, also did a sweep back to front to ensure nobody was on-board before closing and sealing the doors.

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/21/73493..._medium=social
Nightmare stuff!
Old Jun 23rd 2019, 12:59 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

There once was a Scot named McAmeter
With a tool of prodigious diameter.
It was not the size
That caused such surprise;
'Twas his rhythm -- iambic pentameter.
Old Jun 23rd 2019, 2:29 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Could be worse. The plane may have left for somewhere else.

Who are you? You weren't sitting next to me when I nodded off. And what's that desert/canyon/sea doing down there?

Old Jun 23rd 2019, 4:07 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Could be worse. The plane may have left for somewhere else.

Who are you? You weren't sitting next to me when I nodded off. And what's that desert/canyon/sea doing down there?
No, that wouldn't be worse at least not for me! Being of a somewhat hysterical mindset when it comes to Things Going Wrong With Planes, I'd have probably woken up and thought the plane had crashed and I was trapped at the bottom of the ocean. In the dark. All alone. *shudder*
Old Jun 23rd 2019, 4:37 pm
Concierge

I'm up quite late tonight, have been doing some cooking. I've just sat down for a cuppa before bed, and a mouse has appeared out of nowhere and is now hiding behind the sideboard

I have to walk past the sideboard to get to the bedroom, so it looks like I'll be sleeping in this chair tonight.
Old Jun 23rd 2019, 4:56 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
... and a mouse has appeared out of nowhere and is now hiding behind the sideboard
Go easy with the mushrooms...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.