Prospective Tenants

Old Jun 26th 2008, 1:09 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Prospective Tenants

We have someone looking to rent our UK property - which is listed for rent at 875pcm. They have offered 800pcm to which I said "No Way"! The agent has come back and said "Well they won't offer more than 825pcm".

If this is the case why are they even looking at my house?!! I can't believe how cheeky some people are!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old Jun 26th 2008, 5:40 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prospective Tenants

But if you reject it and in doing so lose only a months rent, it will take 16.5 months to make up your loss at 50GBP per month to makeup that rent loss.

Sometimes a bird in the hand...........
Old Jun 26th 2008, 6:08 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I guess it's similar (but in reverse) to the estate agents who send you details above your stated price range.

If you're sure you can get £875, stick with it...but as MB-Realtor says, you could lose more in a year by sticking....and in a year you might sell if the market picks up.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 6:20 pm
riding the saltchuck

Edna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
We have someone looking to rent our UK property - which is listed for rent at 875pcm. They have offered 800pcm to which I said "No Way"! The agent has come back and said "Well they won't offer more than 825pcm".

If this is the case why are they even looking at my house?!! I can't believe how cheeky some people are!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Sorry but I don't see anything wrong with trying to negotiate a better deal on anything.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 6:21 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Edna Bucket
Sorry but I don't see anything wrong with trying to negotiate a better deal on anything.
Well neither would I....unless it is someone trying to negotiate with ME!
Old Jun 26th 2008, 6:31 pm
riding the saltchuck

Edna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Well neither would I....unless it is someone trying to negotiate with ME!

Yes it's different being on the receiving end. My opinion for what it's worth, is that if their references are good it might be the right thing to do to accept £825.

I have a tenant here in Canada who takes care of the property very well and that is saving me money on maintenance.
Old Jun 27th 2008, 1:08 am
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I guess it's similar (but in reverse) to the estate agents who send you details above your stated price range.
I'll let you in on a little secret why they do that, its cause they have got used to people misleading them.

Here we can search for, & sell, all of the properties on out local "MLS" normaly about 12,000 properties a month. I can not tell you how many times I have been told up to a maximum of $X, only to be asked within a day or two, can we look at at this one and this one we found (both of which are over the price they told me, and so were not receiving details about), its not that people lie, its that their initial wants change, and lots of agents just jump the gun and start higher.
Old Jun 27th 2008, 5:14 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MB-Realtor
I'll let you in on a little secret why they do that, its cause they have got used to people misleading them.

Its not that people lie, its that their initial wants change, and lots of agents just jump the gun and start higher.
Maybe it also makes a difference when prices are bigger. I remember when I was looking to buy for the first time. I had £2.5k as a deposit and my maximum mortgage was 2.5 times my then salary of £6k, making £15k

My maximum of £17.5k was the absolute maximum. Total waste of time sending me anything for £18k or more.

But if you can afford 175k, it's maybe not so impossible to go to 180k.