Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Proof that I am too old or incompetent to exist in the modern world

Proof that I am too old or incompetent to exist in the modern world

Old Oct 19th 2023, 11:42 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof that I am too old or incompetent to exist in the modern world

Originally Posted by bats
Mayonnaise in coffee is interesting
I have run the Keurig without putting a pod in and poured pepsi in my coffee cup instead of a glass.

I think I'm safe with mayo and coffee since there is no reason for me to eat anything involving mayo while having coffee.
Except for one or two things, coffee is for after.
Old Oct 20th 2023, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
It shows I've never had anything to do with dogs. I had to google for female dog names as I couldn't think of any like Rex, Rover and Fido.
But it was hard to even find those in "current" lists
It was only coming across "old fashioned" names I found them.

I suppose as people names evolve, choices for animal names will too.
my Dad always went for ‘Bonzo’ as a cliche/joke dog name, even though we never had a dog with that name
Old Oct 20th 2023, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shelley748
why not just call them and then dispute your credit card transaction?
I really appreciate your suggestion, and I would have had some follow up questions. I have read back through the thread and don’t think I have said that Ticketmaster gave me a refund. Can’t believe I got too distracted by Bristol to mention that!
Old Oct 20th 2023, 3:12 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
It shows I've never had anything to do with dogs. I had to google for female dog names as I couldn't think of any like Rex, Rover and Fido.
But it was hard to even find those in "current" lists
It was only coming across "old fashioned" names I found them.

I suppose as people names evolve, choices for animal names will too.
I have a female dog, She's called "Ruby" because she's the colour of a chicken korma.
Old Oct 20th 2023, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

tdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shelley748
why not just call them and then dispute your credit card transaction?
I've never disputed a credit card transaction so have no expertise, but can't see this working as there's no fault with the goods or service the vendor has supplied.
Old Oct 23rd 2023, 8:24 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
I really appreciate your suggestion, and I would have had some follow up questions. I have read back through the thread and don’t think I have said that Ticketmaster gave me a refund. Can’t believe I got too distracted by Bristol to mention that!
Not many women can say that and mean it
Old Oct 23rd 2023, 10:47 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Not many women can say that and mean it
Should I feel insulted?
Old Oct 28th 2023, 12:03 pm
Oscar nominated

When my MIL gets up and goes to bed I put her eye drops in (her eyes, not mine).
Yesterday morning the little bottle was empty so I got the new one off the shelf to replace it.

Last night when it came to the bedtime drops I picked up the bottle and realised it was empty. How can that be, it was only just opened?

I looked at and realised straight way that the plastic ring that becomes detached from the cap when first opened was sitting on the bottle and I knew I had transferred it from the new one to the old one.

This told me I had thrown the new bottle in the bin and placed the empty one back on the shelf.
Old Oct 28th 2023, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

British Columbian is an unknown quantity at this point

After 30 years of living and driving in Canada there are still times when i go to get in my car on the wrong side.
Old Oct 28th 2023, 5:23 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by British Columbian
After 30 years of living and driving in Canada there are still times when i go to get in my car on the wrong side.
Ditto crossing the ro